General Chat (& Random Thoughts)

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Zita

Re: General Chat (& Random Thoughts)

Postby Zita » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:00 pm

I found a funnies I felt lie sharing.
Maybe that's the reason it takes so long for the Toybox to be released; they're still trying to tame Yookas appetite. :D

https://vimeo.com/167910027
Website | deviantArt | FurAffinity | tumblr

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:39 pm

The fact that I see so many highly detailed feedback posts over at the Toybox thread by people I never saw here before makes me very happy. It shows the great amount of passionate fans for this game ones again!

Normally I like to read through topics like these, bit there's just way too much to read :lol:
Last edited by Rueckkoppler on Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nanirourou

Postby Nanirourou » Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:40 am

Taylor wrote:This was discussed last year, but I keep thinking about how brilliant a Mario Kart style game would be from Playtonic.

Imagine the stunning worlds -- some based on Yooka-Laylee's worlds and some new ones entirely. Imagine all the brilliant characters to choose from. Imagine the fun twists that Playtonic come up with; e.g. something fun and innovative like Mario Kart 8's anti-gravity.

I'm calling it now; after Yooka-Laylee, Playtonic needs to make a kart racing game.

Have you played Sonic All Stars Racing? It's a lot of fun. It basically out-Mario Karts Mario Kart. I love the dynamic race track changes between laps, and how the karts transform seamlessly between land, sea, and air. I enjoy Mario Kart, but this game's much more creative, as well as available across platforms...

But I have no doubt in my mind that Playtonic can improve on both of those formulas. They have more freedom to do what they want, and so could get even more creative than either Sega or Nintendo. ...Now you've got my hopes up!

Rueckkoppler wrote:The fact that I see so many highly detailed feedback posts over at the Toybox thread by people I never saw here before makes me very happy. It shows that the great amount of passionate fans for this game ones again!

Yes indeed! I'll admit I've been very absent... But I'm thrilled to have new content so I can rave about this game again!
you kuh lady

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:18 pm

I imagine there will be an even greater flood of new members joining the forum when Yooka-Laylee is released in Q1 2017 (excluding the possibility of a second delay).

Savage Rodent

Postby Savage Rodent » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:59 am

Xellos wrote:I imagine there will be an even greater flood of new members joining the forum when Yooka-Laylee is released in Q1 2017 (excluding the possibility of a second delay).

Yeah, but once the game releases, everyone will be playing it making the forums empty again (please let this one delay give them enough time to polish).
Yooka-Laylee should be its own game with its own feeling. It shouldn't try to be like Banjo-Kazooie, it shouldn't try to be like Donkey Kong, it should be like Yooka-Laylee.

Nanirourou

Postby Nanirourou » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:21 am

My random thought for the day:

A long time ago, likely over a year ago, we talked about Donald Trump in the Playtonic chat and that you non-Americans were couldn't believe he was seriously being considered for presidential office. I told y'all not to worry and it would never happen.

I am so sorry.
you kuh lady

Savage Rodent

Postby Savage Rodent » Wed Aug 03, 2016 4:00 am

Nanirourou wrote:My random thought for the day:

A long time ago, likely over a year ago, we talked about Donald Trump in the Playtonic chat and that you non-Americans were couldn't believe he was seriously being considered for presidential office. I told y'all not to worry and it would never happen.

I am so sorry.

I don't want to dive too far into politics, but Trump is honestly the best candidate between the three popular people (Sanders, Trump, and Hillary (for who knows what reason). And the majority of non-Americans lean left and will have liberal views, so it's a given that they don't like Trump.
Yooka-Laylee should be its own game with its own feeling. It shouldn't try to be like Banjo-Kazooie, it shouldn't try to be like Donkey Kong, it should be like Yooka-Laylee.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:06 am

Savage Rodent wrote:
Nanirourou wrote:My random thought for the day:

I am so sorry.

I don't want to dive too far into politics, but Trump is honestly the best candidate between the three popular people (Sanders, Trump, and Hillary (for who knows what reason). And the majority of non-Americans lean left and will have liberal views, so it's a given that they don't like Trump.

Trump really is the best, on the same level as Erdogan is a great democrat :) I don't understand why all those non-Turkey people think that he is a dictator... You people are all wrong!

... Said no sane person ever.
Stop picking your nose Image

Nanirourou

Postby Nanirourou » Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:13 am

I was only recalling how, way back when, I assured everyone here his electability was zero, and look where he is now... Ha.

I agree, I don't much want to get too deep into politics in this what should remain a fun and safe forum. In the sense that Trump would be able to get decisions made and things done, he would be a very effective and active president. I understand the reasons why people rally behind him: he's not a career politician, has led a very successful career, he's confident in his decisions and doesn't pander to anyone. I won't disagree with his being the best candidate by those standards. I do however, see him as dangerously volatile. He's an angry man who dishes insults under pressure, and makes snap decisions while in that state of intensity. It's great for being a real estate mogul, but I'm not so sure for public relations in a seat of power as head of one of the most influential countries in the world. And I'm speaking as someone who generally leans conservative in my views.

Okay, next random thought... Your favorite TV show in recent history? It's Steven Universe for me!
you kuh lady

Zita

Postby Zita » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:33 pm

Nanirourou wrote:Okay, next random thought... Your favorite TV show in recent history? It's Steven Universe for me!

WE!!!

Same here btw. :D
Website | deviantArt | FurAffinity | tumblr

Pisuke85

Postby Pisuke85 » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:09 pm

Mine is definitely We Bare Bears!
ʕ・₋・ʔ The World isn't ready for what Ice Bear can do.

Savage Rodent

Postby Savage Rodent » Wed Aug 03, 2016 8:28 pm

Nanirourou wrote:I was only recalling how, way back when, I assured everyone here his electability was zero, and look where he is now... Ha.

I agree, I don't much want to get too deep into politics in this what should remain a fun and safe forum. In the sense that Trump would be able to get decisions made and things done, he would be a very effective and active president. I understand the reasons why people rally behind him: he's not a career politician, has led a very successful career, he's confident in his decisions and doesn't pander to anyone. I won't disagree with his being the best candidate by those standards. I do however, see him as dangerously volatile. He's an angry man who dishes insults under pressure, and makes snap decisions while in that state of intensity. It's great for being a real estate mogul, but I'm not so sure for public relations in a seat of power as head of one of the most influential countries in the world. And I'm speaking as someone who generally leans conservative in my views.

Yeah he doesn't do a good job in presenting himself and countering arguments. Not to mention he doesn't give a good enough explanation of his thoughts, and so a lot of what he says is easily taken out of context. I don't think he will be that bad in office with what his intentions are of staying out of other countries' businesses and focusing on issues here. Everyone sees him as an offensive person (which in conversations and debates he is), but his policies and intentions seem defensive to me. Anyways that's all I wish to say about politics.

Nanirourou wrote:Okay, next random thought... Your favorite TV show in recent history? It's Steven Universe for me!

Death Parade. It only got one season which is very disappointing since the show had a very interesting concept on judgement and the afterlife.

Nanirourou

Postby Nanirourou » Thu Aug 04, 2016 3:44 am

Zita wrote:
Nanirourou wrote:Steven Universe for me!
Same here btw. :D
"It's over, isn't it?"
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
My sister and I are going to the San Japan convention in San Antonio and we're going to cosplay Rose and Pearl! We'll take pictures!

Tell me about We Bare Bears and Death Parade.
you kuh lady

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:20 pm

I wonder if Yooka-Laylee will still come out on Linux... they mentioned this on the Kickstarter page (and Playtonic's home page), but it's still a bit weird that they're even bothering with such a port. How big is the Linux gaming scene anyways? I can't decide if its smaller or even compared to the Wii U install base :lol:

SurrealBrain

Postby SurrealBrain » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:58 am

I couldn't find a proper introduction thread, so I figured this will do.

Hello, I am SurrealBrain. Enjoyed many of Rare's works, and I look forward to Playtonic's efforts with Yooka-Laykee. I admit, I have some skeoticism remaining, but moat of what I'm seeing has been looking good so far.

I thought I remembered some DK Vine members here? If you're from DK Vine and you're still here, hello again.

Hope we can get along, and maybe become friends! :)

Bryman04

Postby Bryman04 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 1:26 am

This has been on my mind lately, Remember the picture Steve Mayles drew of the Tiger, before Yooka the Chameleon?

I completely and wholeheartedly agree with the decision of changing it to a chameleon. But I've always hoped to see the tiger in the final game, as an NPC of some sort. Playtonic has mentioned that they want their characters as future Playable Characters, and I've hope he would be used a Donkey Kong Spiritual successor. I don't know, it is Playtonic's decision, they could have made another DK spiritual successor NPC, or not. It's their game. And I'm satisfied with their decision either way.

------

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:12 am

Bryman04 wrote:This has been on my mind lately, Remember the picture Steve Mayles drew of the Tiger, before Yooka the Chameleon?

I completely and wholeheartedly agree with the decision of changing it to a chameleon. But I've always hoped to see the tiger in the final game, as an NPC of some sort. Playtonic has mentioned that they want their characters as future Playable Characters, and I've hope he would be used a Donkey Kong Spiritual successor. I don't know, it is Playtonic's decision, they could have made another DK spiritual successor NPC, or not. It's their game. And I'm satisfied with their decision either way.

------

Arr! I had a dream once...", "I were in this fine game...", "A Chameleon stole me glory...looked a bit like you, 'e did!".
Stop picking your nose Image

Savage Rodent

Postby Savage Rodent » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:19 pm

Yavga wrote:
Bryman04 wrote:This has been on my mind lately, Remember the picture Steve Mayles drew of the Tiger, before Yooka the Chameleon?

------

Arr! I had a dream once...", "I were in this fine game...", "A Chameleon stole me glory...looked a bit like you, 'e did!".

This was kind of what I was thinking, except maybe not a pirate. lol

Bryman04

Postby Bryman04 » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:55 pm

lol. Yeah I'd suppose it'd be like

"GRRRR! I once was in a game...." , "A Chameleon stole me glory...looked a bit like you, blimey fool!".

Oh, I came across this piece of fan art about an idea of what a spiritual successor of Conker.

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:52 pm

Favorite TV Show? I a bit of a Trekkie (I like the Original Series, TNG, and Voyager).
I absolutely love Avatar: The Last Airbender and Legend of Korra. Big fan the American The Office.

People have been telling me to watch Stephen Universe.

Oh, Phineas & Ferb is always good for a chuckle! I love when kids shows are exceptionally smart/clever.

Return to “Community Discussion”