'RARE REPLAY' and 'SEA OF THIEVES'

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Aidan25

Re: 'RARE REPLAY' and 'SEA OF THIEVES'

Postby Aidan25 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:27 am

I'd go out of my way to buy an Xbox One if I had the money so I could buy Rare Replay but other than that, I wouldn't go near an Xbox One. My brother has a PS4 and the games are pretty similar except for console-exclusives of course. Rare Replay looks really good and seeing as Conker and a few of the other games are 'rare' and expensive, having them all in one place for a really cheap price is worth it and way better than emulation, including all the behind the scenes and extra content which I think is absolutely brilliant. They really should have tried to port it to another console, bloody Microsoft.

Sea of Thieves, I'm not sure about it. I watched the trailer a few weeks ago and it looked nice but I don't know what to think of it yet. Rare have yet to surprise us once again so maybe this could be it but a pirate MMO? Never heard or played such a thing so I have yet to set expectations once I know more. It sounds like a good idea but I'm still in the dark about the idea.
October 2016.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:34 am

Rare Replay uses emulation, and Sea of Thieves isn't an MMO.
DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

Aidan25

Postby Aidan25 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:38 am

GrayMagicΓ wrote:Rare Replay uses emulation, and Sea of Thieves isn't an MMO.

By emulation I really meant PC emulation. I thought I read somewhere it's going to be multiplayer with MMO aspects or something, maybe I was wrong.
October 2016.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:53 pm

Aidan25 wrote:

By emulation I really meant PC emulation. I thought I read somewhere it's going to be multiplayer with MMO aspects or something, maybe I was wrong.

It is. Nuts and Bolts is a driving game with platformer aspects. Nuts and Bolts is not a platformer. Sea of Thieves is not an MMO.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:47 pm

Aidan25 wrote:I'd go out of my way to buy an Xbox One if I had the money so I could buy Rare Replay but other than that, I wouldn't go near an Xbox One. My brother has a PS4 and the games are pretty similar except for console-exclusives of course. Rare Replay looks really good and seeing as Conker and a few of the other games are 'rare' and expensive, having them all in one place for a really cheap price is worth it and way better than emulation, including all the behind the scenes and extra content which I think is absolutely brilliant. They really should have tried to port it to another console, bloody Microsoft.

Sea of Thieves, I'm not sure about it. I watched the trailer a few weeks ago and it looked nice but I don't know what to think of it yet. Rare have yet to surprise us once again so maybe this could be it but a pirate MMO? Never heard or played such a thing so I have yet to set expectations once I know more. It sounds like a good idea but I'm still in the dark about the idea.

It is definitely worth it. These past two months have been the best for me. I've been living eating sleeping dreaming rare games its AWESOME.

Aidan25

Postby Aidan25 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 10:58 pm

Scrubber wrote:
Aidan25 wrote:I'd go out of my way to buy an Xbox One if I had the money so I could buy Rare Replay but other than that, I wouldn't go near an Xbox One. My brother has a PS4 and the games are pretty similar except for console-exclusives of course. Rare Replay looks really good and seeing as Conker and a few of the other games are 'rare' and expensive, having them all in one place for a really cheap price is worth it and way better than emulation, including all the behind the scenes and extra content which I think is absolutely brilliant. They really should have tried to port it to another console, bloody Microsoft.

It is definitely worth it. These past two months have been the best for me. I've been living eating sleeping dreaming rare games its AWESOME.

Don't eat them! :O

GrayMagicΓ wrote:
Aidan25 wrote:

It is. Nuts and Bolts is a driving game with platformer aspects. Nuts and Bolts is not a platformer. Sea of Thieves is not an MMO.

I didn't say it was a platformer? Not sure where you got that from and I understand that Sea of Thieves is not an MMO.
October 2016.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:55 am

GrayMagicΓ wrote:
Aidan25 wrote:By emulation I really meant PC emulation. I thought I read somewhere it's going to be multiplayer with MMO aspects or something, maybe I was wrong.

I didn't say it was a platformer? Not sure where you got that from and I understand that Sea of Thieves is not an MMO.[/quote]
I was explaining how it could have MMO aspects without being an MMO.

DWard14

Postby DWard14 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:09 pm

A hollow attempt to recapture the past and an uninspired, gritty rip off of pirate 101: https://www.pirate101.com/ Yay.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:39 pm

DWard14 wrote:A hollow attempt to recapture the past and an uninspired, gritty rip off of pirate 101: https://www.pirate101.com/ Yay.

Could you possibly stick to posting positive things in the YookaLaylee section rather than vomit negativity in threads regarding Rare and Microsoft?

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:52 am

Scrubber wrote:It is a great game but there are many greater games on Rare Replay.

I agree Cooper is as crap as they come but the game itself is really fun.

This from the recent gbtg thread, but my question fits much better in this one.

Would you mind ranking the best original MS games on Rare Replay? Which games leave Ghoulies in the dust?

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:04 pm

Rueckkoppler wrote:
Scrubber wrote:It is a great game but there are many greater games on Rare Replay.

Would you mind ranking the best original MS games on Rare Replay? Which games leave Ghoulies in the dust?

In my opinion:

Nuts & Bolts
Jetpac Refuelled
Viva Piñata (and its sequel, which feels more like DLC that forces you to buy the game a second time to get)
Kameo (horrible value for $60 at launch though)
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Perfect Dark Zero

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue Dec 22, 2015 9:32 pm

Rueckkoppler wrote:

1] Nuts and Bolts. Not without its flaws but it's a beautiful game.
2] Kameo. Real shame the sequel got canned.
3] A Viva Pinata game (choose your pick) Probably TIP but you only want to play one cause they're both too similar.
4] Grabbed by Ghoulies. Charming game, tons of fun, nice soundtrack.
5] Perfect Dark Zero. I'm not a fan. Actually abandoned it on Rare Replay and couldn't get a SINGLE achievement.
6] Jetpac Refueled. A good reimagination of the classic game but it's essentially a repetitive arcade game. Not my cuppa tea.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:18 pm

Alright, thank you guys! Isn't the soundtrack of Viva Pinata: TiP superior to the one from the original game? At least when I checked out the physical soundtrack, I saw gems like Bedtime Story and ,,Dream Intro" Oven Fresh Day in the tracklisting...

Return to “Community Discussion”