'RARE REPLAY' and 'SEA OF THIEVES'

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Scrubber

'RARE REPLAY' and 'SEA OF THIEVES'

Postby Scrubber » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:47 pm

These are Rares Two announcements... What do you think?

I'll definitely be buying Rare Replay 100% but I'm not sure about the actual game Sea of Theives.

dotEXE

Re: 'RARE REPLAY' and 'SEA OF THIEVES'

Postby dotEXE » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:04 pm

I'm beyond livid. And will not be getting Rare Replay. I already own those games and all the ones they've already re-released too.

Basically boycotting Rare now. They're finally, finally dead to me. Long live Playtonic.
Make the forum great again.

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:12 pm

I do not believe in Phil Spencer! All hail Playtonic Games, the resurrected Rareware company!!!

Chrysalis_Blossom

Postby Chrysalis_Blossom » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:15 pm

I'm sold to Xbox One.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:16 pm

I want to create fan-art of a failboat with Rares Logo on it, into the yonder never to be seen again ^^
Stop picking your nose Image

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:17 pm

I was one of the only ones on here that believed it was to be a new IP and not Banjo but there was still hope. If it was Kinect sports 4 then they would be dead to me but I have to support them if they are at least TRYING to make good games again.

I never got the chance to play the original BFD, I was planning on buying Nuts And Bolts to retry and I haven't played on blast corps since I was a kid so I'll be happy to check that out, can also see what this battletoads is all about, oh and i also wanted to check out kameo and vivapinata too so this package is GREAT for me and it's really cheap.

Nanirourou

Postby Nanirourou » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:34 pm

Scrubber wrote:I was one of the only ones on here that believed it was to be a new IP and not Banjo but there was still hope. If it was Kinect sports 4 then they would be dead to me but I have to support them if they are at least TRYING to make good games again.

Agreed.

They're at a turning point I think. We can't expect them to be instantaneously "the good old days" company again. It'll take time but I'm okay with today's announcements. It told me "We're trying to change!" Let's give them time to make good.
you kuh lady

Pgcrooner

Postby Pgcrooner » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:36 pm

Yavga wrote:I want to create fan-art of a failboat with Rares Logo on it, into the yonder never to be seen again ^^

LOL!!!
I was wondering when someone was going to comment on my failboat drawing, just not in that context! XD

TrenteR

Postby TrenteR » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:39 pm

Nanirourou wrote:
Scrubber wrote:I was one of the only ones on here that believed it was to be a new IP and not Banjo but there was still hope. If it was Kinect sports 4 then they would be dead to me but I have to support them if they are at least TRYING to make good games again.

Agreed.

They're at a turning point I think. We can't expect them to be instantaneously "the good old days" company again. It'll take time but I'm okay with today's announcements. It told me "We're trying to change!" Let's give them time to make good.

I will watch the game when it is released, but an MMO on XBOX One, about Pirates?
That is risky and even after Rare's recent Titles. If they don't take time and polish it like an old Rare game, it can fail and probably will fail.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:41 pm

Pgcrooner wrote:
Yavga wrote:I want to create fan-art of a failboat with Rares Logo on it, into the yonder never to be seen again ^^

LOL!!!
I was wondering when someone was going to comment on my failboat drawing, just not in that context! XD

Wait, you already did? I'ce never seen it XD where is it?

TrenteR

Postby TrenteR » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:43 pm

My harsh criticism is that the Rare Replay is XBone only.
I would love to have these games, but don't want to buy that console.

Nanirourou

Postby Nanirourou » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:44 pm

Yavga wrote:
Pgcrooner wrote:

LOL!!!

The infamous Transformations thread! XD
you kuh lady

Lufkin

Postby Lufkin » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:44 pm

If they really wanted to make money with this Rare Replay thing, why make it Xbox One exclusive? Make it on Windows 10 too. Rare fans are mostly Nintendo fans and do not own a Xbox One, and they will not buy a $500 console just for that.

I would've bought it if it was on Windows for sure.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:47 pm

I want to create fan-art of a failboat with Rares Logo on it, into the yonder never to be seen again ^^

LOL!!!
I was wondering when someone was going to comment on my failboat drawing, just not in that context! XD[

OMG! I see it XD I used it on an unconscious level! Pgcrooner... Rare just implemented your idea!

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:48 pm

Nanirourou wrote:

Agreed.

Word. Seriously, most Banjo fans are in their mid-20s. We shouldn't act like little cry-babies that didn't get what they wanted. It's not like anybody promised it in the first place. We already have the best outcome with Playtonic Games - what else do we want? I don't know how a current-Rare Banjo game would turn out, but Playtonic's Banjo game will be certainly a very good one!

Pgcrooner

Postby Pgcrooner » Mon Jun 15, 2015 6:51 pm

Yavga wrote:

LOL!!!
I was wondering when someone was going to comment on my failboat drawing, just not in that context! XD[

OMG! I see it XD I used it on an unconscious level! Pgcrooner... Rare just implemented your idea!

LOL!

That's going to be the name of the ship then! :P

The U.S.S. Failboat!!!

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:00 pm

I'm really not a fan of online multiplayers but I will keep an eye on the project to see if it looks like something I want to play. The Rare Replay (after looking further into it) is absolutely outstanding. All those fantastic games (some of which cost £70+ to buy second hand) for only £20. Its a great opportunity for people to play the original unedited Bad Fur Day and to try games that might be before their times too. There's loads of games in that collection I never got to play and I can't wait to try them out.

Let's also not forget if this does well it definitely heightens the chance of some of these IPS being revived.

Nanirourou

Postby Nanirourou » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:11 pm

Right. If today's kids get to play B-K & the rest, it gets exposure and will make a Banjo-Threeie & more titles in other IPs more likely. At least I imagine it would.
you kuh lady

Latikos

Postby Latikos » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:05 pm

Ugh... They used the BK Nuts and Bolts design, too blocky :x
Anyway, I don't really care about the Sea of Thieves, seems pretty generic to me. However, though I don't have an Xbox One, I'm happy that all these classics gets to be playable in Rare Replay.

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:30 pm

I refused to raise any hopes for Rare's showing at this E3. Good thing I did as well.

I don't find the pirates one interesting - it looks too generic at the moment, no charm or unique quality yet. Could have been made by anyone.
The Rare Replay isn't enough to make me want an Xbone.

I'm not commenting on these two games again. They don't interest me enough to think any more about them.

Return to “Community Discussion”