'RARE REPLAY' and 'SEA OF THIEVES'

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Nanirourou

Re: 'RARE REPLAY' and 'SEA OF THIEVES'

Postby Nanirourou » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:32 pm

John Enigma wrote:Okay. Real talk now.

I'm willing to play both Rare Replay, and Sea of Thieves, if, and ONLY IF, at some point Rare decides to port these only two games directly to PC.

If not, then I won't buy it.

Rare belongs to Microsoft, right? IMHO, it was pretty idiotic and lazy of Rare to not make a port of these two upcoming games for PC.

Am I right?

My sentiments EXACTLY. I'd pick them both up if they came to PC. Does Microsoft realize their computers are a better gaming platform than their console? :lol: Seriously though, they'd print so much money just porting their games to PC. I'm glad SquareEnix has picked up on this.
you kuh lady

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:36 pm

Nanirourou wrote:
John Enigma wrote:Okay. Real talk now.

I'm willing to play both Rare Replay, and Sea of Thieves, if, and ONLY IF, at some point Rare decides to port these only two games directly to PC.

If not, then I won't buy it.

Rare belongs to Microsoft, right? IMHO, it was pretty idiotic and lazy of Rare to not make a port of these two upcoming games for PC.

Am I right?

My sentiments EXACTLY. I'd pick them both up if they came to PC. Does Microsoft realize their computers are a better gaming platform than their console? :lol: Seriously though, they'd print so much money just porting their games to PC. I'm glad SquareEnix has picked up on this.
Not only that. Look at Windows 10!

Microsoft has been talking since last year that their new OS is gonna be "gamer friendly".

It would've been perfect if M$ threw those two upcoming games for
PC, as part as a promotion of Windows 10.
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

Nanirourou

Postby Nanirourou » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:58 pm

Oh. Apparently Sea of Thieves is exclusive to Windows 10? Okay great!
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/06 ... nced-rare/

edit. But here is says Xbox One? :? Oh, Xbox One AND PC. Cool, cool.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/ ... r-xbox-one

edit again: Holiday 2016? So we'll play Yooka-Laylee before we get to play this? Oh lol...
you kuh lady

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:18 pm

Sea of thieves is for both PC and Xbox. I will definitely be buying rare replay on the Xbox one though. I will always support my beloved franchises.

Nanirourou

Postby Nanirourou » Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:39 pm

https://twitter.com/nanirourou/status/6 ... 1188195329

Gregg Mayles wrote:To celebrate the announce of #RareReplay and 30 years of @RareLtd I'm going to recall 30 stories about the 30 games from my fading memory.
you kuh lady

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:00 pm

Oddly enough, with the deal to get $175 off an Xbox One at Bestbuy...

I'm planning to buy an XBO today

Make the forum great again.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:06 pm

Nanirourou wrote: I'd pick them both up if they came to PC. Does Microsoft realize their computers are a better gaming platform than their console? :lol: Seriously though, they'd print so much money just porting their games to PC. I'm glad SquareEnix has picked up on this.

dotEXE wrote:Oddly enough, with the deal to get $175 off an Xbox One at Bestbuy...

There's your answer.
DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:17 pm

I even own a $3000 PC-gaming setup. Gotta catch em all, if you will. Certain games I like playing on PC, certain games I like on the PS4, certain games... well, WiiU for WiiU exclusives only I guess.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:16 pm

dotEXE wrote:Oddly enough, with the deal to get $175 off an Xbox One at Bestbuy...

:) might you get rare replay?

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:01 pm

I actually just left the store without trading in my old Xbox 360. I was in the aisle and I realized… even if it's a really good deal, there are zero games out that I want to play. I should feel excited when I'm buying something, not like I'm buying it because I should or something.

If they ever put out any decent exclusives or system sellers, I would rather buy it at full price and be excited.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:00 am

I went back and bought it because I'm irresponsible.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:09 am

dotEXE wrote:I went back and bought it because I'm irresponsible.

Exactly, and if it didn't have exclusive games you likely wouldn't have. This is how console makers sell their products.
DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

Nomonoke

Postby Nomonoke » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:37 am

We have an XBone and I hardly play it because there's nothing all that interesting on it. RareReplay sounds fun though, and am looking forward to it.

Never had an opinion on pirates, so not sure on the Sea of Thieves game. They would have to really win me over at some point.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:47 pm

Nomonoke wrote:

Never had an opinion on pirates, so not sure on the Sea of Thieves game. They would have to really win me over at some point.

I feel the same.

Piet

Postby Piet » Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:52 pm

Scrubber wrote:
Nomonoke wrote:

I feel the same.

Yup, me too! :)

Zack

Postby Zack » Fri Jun 19, 2015 8:05 am

dotEXE wrote:I'm beyond livid. And will not be getting Rare Replay. I already own those games and all the ones they've already re-released too.
You have a Battletoads arcade cabinet and a working ZX Spectrum with all the Sabrewolf games?

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:14 am

Because I don't own them on Xbox and have never played them until completion, I'm mostly looking forward to:

Conker's Bad Fur Day
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Jet Force Gemini
Kameo: Elements of Power
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

I also love retro games and haven't played most of Rare's ones before, so I can't wait for that, especially as there will be achievements to aim for and short snapshots to jump right in!

(I'm wondering if Viva Piñata 1 and 2 are significantly different enough to both be included. I've never played them, but I figured they were both as similar as Sims 1 and 2 are. Simulator games tend to be pretty indistinct across sequels in my opinion).
Taylonic Ltd.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:10 am

Taylor wrote:Because I don't own them on Xbox and have never played them until completion, I'm mostly looking forward to:

Conker's Bad Fur Day
Grabbed by the Ghoulies
Jet Force Gemini
Kameo: Elements of Power
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

I also love retro games and haven't played most of Rare's ones before, so I can't wait for that, especially as there will be achievements to aim for and short snapshots to jump right in!

Ditto.
Never got the chance to play the original BFD and I've recently said on this forum that I wouldn't mind checking out jet force Gemini, grabbed by the ghoulies, kameo and viva piñata. Also said on here I want to return to nuts and bolts to see if my opinions changed. If I were to buy nuts and bolts that alone would cost around the same price of Rare Replay.
Haven't played Killer Instinct gold and Blast Corps since I was a kid so that'll be nice. I also want to see if battltoads is as hard as everybody says. ALL THAT with added joy of getting to play Banjo-Kazooie and Banjo-Tooie again is amazing if you ask me.

I'm pretty sure that of you were to buy all those games it would be about £600 or more and were getting them for £20. Awesome.

Genersis

Postby Genersis » Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:47 am

I'm definitely getting Rare Replay.
There's a lot of Rare games I never got around to playing, I also never got round to buying the Banjo-Tooie and Perfect Dark Xbox Arcade releases, so this seems a pretty good purchase for me.

Sea of Thieves looks like it has potential, I'm just not sure whether it will achieve its potential or if it's going to be my kind of game.
Time will tell I guess.
At least Spinal is probably going to get an extra outing via a Easter Egg or cameo; good exercise for keeping all that weight off.
Well meaning Wally.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:48 pm

Interesting interview with a rare employee. http://www.gamespot.com/videos/rare-rep ... 0-6425684/

Some of the interviews and extra content in Rare-Replay reveal things about games that never made it like Dream and Sundown. Also he gets asked about Yooka-Laylee and said everyone at Rare is happy for playtonics success and can't wait to play Yooka-Laylee. That's nice to hear

Return to “Community Discussion”