Psychonauts 2

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
NPChilla

Re: Psychonauts 2

Postby NPChilla » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:20 am

GrayMagicΓ wrote:
NPChilla wrote:
Surely you'd be better off asking Tim Schafer that?

"Here's a video explaining something"

"It doesn't have anything to do with what you're saying"

"idk go ask Tim Schafer"

I don't even know how to respond...

I said that the video explains that Tim Schafer has past form with asking for ridiculous amounts of money. It does. It describes from 1:46 how Psychonauts was delivered way over budget, then how Double Fine Adventure ended up scooping up over $3 million and still he wanted more cash to finish it.
I said that the video explains that Tim Schafer has past form with not keeping his promises. It does. It details how half of Broken Age was stuck on Steam and money from that was used to finish the rest of it, plus how DF-9 was released half finished and the source code for DF-9 was dumped for the community to finish it. Both cases of the man not keeping his promises.

Did I at any point say that it explains anything to do with how much is required to make the game?
No. That's why I said you should ask Tim Schafer.

Please actually bother reading my posts before playing the "I don't know how to respond" card.

GrayMagicΓ

Re: Psychonauts 2

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:07 am

NPChilla wrote:
GrayMagicΓ wrote:
NPChilla wrote:
Surely you'd be better off asking Tim Schafer that?

"Here's a video explaining something"

"It doesn't have anything to do with what you're saying"

"idk go ask Tim Schafer"

I don't even know how to respond...

I said that the video explains that Tim Schafer has past form with asking for ridiculous amounts of money. It does. It describes from 1:46 how Psychonauts was delivered way over budget, then how Double Fine Adventure ended up scooping up over $3 million and still he wanted more cash to finish it.
The $3 mil Double Fine Adventure game wasn't what the $.5 mil one was. He also didn't want more cash from backers; if you were promised the full game, you got the full game. If you didn't back it, you had the option to buy the first half. Whether he'll go over budget or not is irrelevant to whether the $15 mil is a fitting price. Is there a solid chance he'll go over? Yes, I would never dispute that. Is $15 mil a reasonable price? Yes.
I said that the video explains that Tim Schafer has past form with not keeping his promises. It does. It details how half of Broken Age was stuck on Steam and money from that was used to finish the rest of it,
OK, what does that have to do with breaking promises? And furthermore, what does breaking promises have to do with whether $15 mil is a fitting price or not?
plus how DF-9 was released half finished and the source code for DF-9 was dumped for the community to finish it. Both cases of the man not keeping his promises.
DF-9 was the sole case of not delivering on promises, one game out of 22. It's certainly more than enough of a reason to not back the game, but it has nothing to do with the budget.

Did I at any point say that it explains anything to do with how much is required to make the game?
No.

Actually, yes. The original conversation started from this:
Why does this title require 15 Million dollars and 3-4 years?
Just seems waaaay more than Yooka Laylee.

To which you replied:

Tim Schafer has past form with asking for ridiculous amounts and not keeping his promises. This video explains it well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFX0f_YUn1I

In the context of why it requires 15 million dollars, you replied that the video explains why he asks for "ridiculous amounts", which it did not. I could ask what colors apples are and someone else could reply "purple, which is also the color grapes are". Just because part of something is factual doesn't mean the whole thing is. Just because he goes over budget and in one case didn't fulfil his promises doesn't mean a $15 mil budget is too much.

That's why I said you should ask Tim Schafer.
Which still doesn't make any sense. If you want to make a point about a game's budget and are proven you wrong, either leave the conversation or provide a piece of counter-evidence.

Please actually bother reading my posts
I did. Please don't be childish.
before playing the "I don't know how to respond" card.
I still don't know how to respond. I literally don't understand what you mean by "go ask Tim Schafer".
DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

Return to “Community Discussion”