Grant's Secret Project ... [link]

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Banjo-Kaizo

Re: Grant's Secret Project ... [link]

Postby Banjo-Kaizo » Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:12 pm

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:57 pm

Banjo-Kaizo wrote:https://twitter.com/grantkirkhope/status/789178555024285701

I want off this ride already.

I hate when he does that. He gets so many banjo fans hopes up. He isn't working on a Banjo game but leaves hints to make people believe that he is.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:20 pm

Scrubber wrote:

I hate when he does that. He gets so many banjo fans hopes up. He isn't working on a Banjo game but leaves hints to make people believe that he is.

I think the problem is that he doesn't think about the expectations of the fans to begin with all the time. For him, there's probably many things that seem unbelievable at first. I thought it might be an animated movie, for example... that would be a special thing for Grant from his current perspective.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:09 am

Rueckkoppler wrote:
Scrubber wrote:

I think the problem is that he doesn't think about the expectations of the fans to begin with all the time. For him, there's probably many things that seem unbelievable at first. I thought it might be an animated movie, for example... that would be a special thing for Grant from his current perspective.

He should put "You won't believe what I'm working on, and NO it isn't Banjo"

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:07 pm

It's hard to imagine someone in Grant's position could ever post something like that and NOT think

"Everyone's immediate reaction is going to be Banjo Kazooie".

I refuse to believe he doesn't know exactly what he's doing. I don't think he's working on Banjo music, but I absolutely believe he expects everyone to hope and get hyped that it's Banjo music.
Make the forum great again.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:28 pm

dotEXE wrote:It's hard to imagine someone in Grant's position could ever post something like that and NOT think

I refuse to believe he doesn't know exactly what he's doing. I don't think he's working on Banjo music, but I absolutely believe he expects everyone to hope and get hyped that it's Banjo music.

I agree.

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:46 pm

Whatever it is, Grant's clearly excited about it. Certainly having with his reply to Taylor... and seeminly hasn't ruled out Banjo.
Definite vibes of a known IP with "you wouldn't believe."

What if he's collaborating on whatever David Wise's project is.
- If Nintendo does any sort of research on how a game is received, the'd recognize that reviewers and fans loved Tropical Freeze's soundtrack and David Wise has name recognition among hardcore gamers.
- Retro and Wise mutually enjoyed working together
- Grant has applied at Retro (a while ago, before DKC: TF was announced) and is interested in Nintendo-style games
- Grant and Wise presumably have open communication given that they are working on Yooka together!

Just saying it's perhaps... plausible?? Would be cool to have Grant collaborating with Nintendo again

Banjo-Kaizo

Postby Banjo-Kaizo » Wed Dec 07, 2016 12:42 am

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:20 am

Just found out about this rumour. Congrats to Grant for getting a Mario gig but aren't those Rabbids like from a tacky casual family party game? Why those? I can think of much better properties to cross over with.

This game certainly has me interested with grants involvement but I'm far from sold.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:09 pm

Scrubber wrote:This game certainly has me interested with grants involvement but I'm far from sold.

Yep, same here. I'm super curious about how all of this comes together - it really could go both ways...

Chrysalis_Blossom

Postby Chrysalis_Blossom » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:57 am

Banjo-Kaizo wrote:http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-grant-kirkhope-is-the-composer-for-mario-and-rabbids-crossover-rpg/

sigh

He kept saying it was some kind of personal project. Is a Mario and Rabbids crossover something personal to him?

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:28 pm

Chrysalis_Blossom wrote:
Banjo-Kaizo wrote:http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-grant-kirkhope-is-the-composer-for-mario-and-rabbids-crossover-rpg/

sigh

He kept saying it was some kind of personal project. Is a Mario and Rabbids crossover something personal to him?

He has a big mouth. If it weren't something with an NDA he would have already blabbed.

Blue

Postby Blue » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:48 pm

Well, that's...something. I'm surprised the Rabbids are still a thing after all these years.
"Hands off my bread."

Meinhard1

Postby Meinhard1 » Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:32 pm

Grant composing for Mario is enough to make me interested. (And I'm really curious how this collaboration came to be ... including Grant at least hints at a development environment open to interesting ideas.)

The Rabbids remains unappealing for me, and were it not for this project, I would've preferred to have forgot the IP completely.

Hmm ... if Nintendo's careful, controlled classic Mario balances out the Rabbids' slapsticky toilet humor maybe we will get something more in that tastefully unorthodox "Rareware" realm. In the end it all comes down to execution.

Grant hasn't denied this rumor, despite the twitter noise, and he's usually pretty interactive. If this is all true, the'll be a nice soundtrack to youtube at the very least!

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:26 am

Scrubber wrote:
dotEXE wrote:It's hard to imagine someone in Grant's position could ever post something like that and NOT think

I agree.

Well we can agree that Mario + Rabbids is probably a thing no one ever would've believed - not even Grant himself. Composing for a Mario game is a big thing indeed.

Return to “Community Discussion”