Microsoft @ E3 coming in 15 minutes

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
dotEXE

Re: Microsoft @ E3 coming in 15 minutes

Postby dotEXE » Wed Jun 15, 2016 8:35 pm

It looks like the best one since CoD4, how does it possibly look worse than Advanced Warfare? It looks like an entirely new series. There was an anti-gravity grenade, you can rip people's space helmets off to suffocate them in the vacuum of space. The guns are new and cool. It might as well be a new IP. My entire problem with CoD is the derivative samey crap they insisted on putting out on a yearly basis. Anything new is great.

As for the rest of your comment, you have to be trolling. There's just no way. I just took bait didn't I. Like, you know Yooka-Laylee and Banjo-Kazooie have stories right?
Make the forum great again.

Natsu

Postby Natsu » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:32 pm

The stories are largely irrelevant though, you don't really play BK for its story. I'm mostly talking about stuff like The Last of Us, Uncharted, or Final Fantasy that I just can't stomach, where you're really only playing for the narrative.

And yes, this new CoD looks like garbage to me. CoD should never stray from an authentic shooter backdrop. That authenticity is why I enjoyed CoD4 so much. Any CoD in the future is straying from what I feel its strengths are. I don't see how you can be excited for something like this after Advanced Warfare, BO 2, and BO 3. It's not that I hate the idea of a sci fi shooter, I am VERY much looking forward to Titanfall 2. The problem with CoD is that they think they can just take a new setting like space or a new mechanic like wall-running or boost jumping and just add it into the game without changing anything. They do not adjust the hitboxes, the player speed, the player health/TTK, the aiming/shooting mechanics, and they barely change up the map design to accommodate the changes. They just keep using the decade old engine with the exact same physics that make the games feel like trash. I understand that they are trying to move away from authenticity because they know they can't compete with Battlefield, but if I want an arcadey sci fi shooter CoD is the last thing that comes to mind as excelling on that front. I don't know how you can be excited for CoD just changing its setting and nothing else. The "space" segments are going to be just like underwater segments in BO 3: pointless filler just to tick checkboxes.

Lufkin

Postby Lufkin » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:44 pm

As a non-fan of COD (only played one of the WWII one and COD4), the new one looks like a lot of fun. My problem is, I have no interest in multiplayer, so the campaign will need to be long and very interesting to be worth buying for me.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:28 pm

Sea of Thieves is live again on Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/xbox

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:25 am

https://youtu.be/ubNwQJSs2x8

I learned something new today:

Al those pirate movies with the rugged pirates and bloody battles... I get it now, they were just frustrated, being all day on a boat where in fact nothing is happening for huge timespans.
They just had to vent.

You know that old school game where you had to line up your cannon to destroy the other? People would take turns and stuff.

Imagine that in 3d with a lot of water.

Sums up the gameplay :D

Edit: but hey, the water looks awesome.
Stop picking your nose Image

Natsu

Postby Natsu » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:07 pm

"Sums up the gameplay." Why do so many people fail to understand that Rare's build for E3 is specifically made to test the ship battles and nothing else? They have already confirmed a multitude of quests you can do, lots of PvE elements, treasure hunting, and a resource/trading system is all but guaranteed.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:37 pm

Natsu wrote:"Sums up the gameplay." Why do so many people fail to understand that Rare's build for E3 is specifically made to test the ship battles and nothing else? They have already confirmed a multitude of quests you can do, lots of PvE elements, treasure hunting, and a resource/trading system is all but guaranteed.

Because, from what they showed the last time I can't say they really won me over in terms of spectacular new gameplay. It just looks lackluster to me. But that's just my opinion, don't take it too seriously, just not my game.
Stop picking your nose Image

Return to “Community Discussion”