Andy Robinson, A Genwunner?

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Wolfen

Andy Robinson, A Genwunner?

Postby Wolfen » Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:35 pm

Yesterday on Twitter our very own Andy Robinson gave his two cent on the recent Pokemon Go! craze.. https://twitter.com/AndyPlaytonic/statu ... 4165646337

Say it ain't so AndyR, how could you share such a narrow-minded mentality with those so called "fans" of the series, don't you know that the first gen of Pokemon had it's share of bad Pokemon designs?

Joke Thread

NPChilla

Re: Andy Robinson, A Genwunner?

Postby NPChilla » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:01 pm

If memory serves, he's just recently turned 30 (according to his birthday congratulations thread) - so he's the right age to be one.

Fun fact: in German Growlithe in called Fukano. :lol:

Nanirourou

Postby Nanirourou » Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:32 pm

In all seriousness though, I would not have downloaded the app if it was full of newer Pokémon I didn't recognize from my youth. XD I haven't played Pokémon since Silver because my parents wouldn't buy more for me as a kid, and I couldn't afford to keep up with the series in college. Niantic and Nintendo were smart to only have the original 150 to ensure the widest appeal. Maybe a future update could introduce more, which would be okay with me.
you kuh lady

Einherjar

Postby Einherjar » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:10 am

i think its a really awful opinion and he's clearly entitled to it, but in general i do agree that keeping the game to the original 151 at release is a really smart move both because of how recognizable they are, and also because of how long they'll be able to milk the game. if they release pokemon generations at a stable rate (i.e once a year or once every six months), it gives players a good amount of time to catch what's available before getting overwhelmed, and it gives the game a much longer life that way

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:56 am

Nanirourou wrote:In all seriousness though, I would not have downloaded the app if it was full of newer Pokémon I didn't recognize from my youth. XD I haven't played Pokémon since Silver because my parents wouldn't buy more for me as a kid, and I couldn't afford to keep up with the series in college. Niantic and Nintendo were smart to only have the original 150 to ensure the widest appeal. Maybe a future update could introduce more, which would be okay with me.

I agree. I'd be OK with them adding gen 2 pokemon at some point but beyond that I don't know any (and I really don't like the look of them either)

Rawk

Postby Rawk » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:29 am

I bet he thinks the same of Yooka and Laylee.

Return to “Community Discussion”