Pokemon Go

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Taylor

Pokemon Go

Postby Taylor » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:33 pm

Pokemon Go has blown up around the world and most places are reporting the game as a huge success.

I can't help thinking it's just a fad that will pass very quickly.

Wondering what other people think.
Taylonic Ltd.

Yavga

Re: Pokemon Go

Postby Yavga » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:51 pm

Agreed, the gameplay is very limited when you think the walking around part away.

In my eyes it's just a money grabber like Candy Crush Saga
Stop picking your nose Image

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Sat Jul 23, 2016 3:59 pm

Same here, and no way in hell do I see this hype lasting longer than the previous Pokémania back in the late 90s/early 2000s.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:05 pm

I foresee companies jumping on the hype and releasing similar games/apps for a quick profit, but ultimately I think a lot of investors are going to be disappointed.

I can't believe how much Nintendo has grown thanks to Pokemon Go. I am almost certain the hype will die within a matter of weeks -- months at best.
Taylonic Ltd.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Sat Jul 23, 2016 4:08 pm

Taylor wrote:I foresee companies jumping on the hype and releasing similar games/apps for a quick profit, but ultimately I think a lot of investors are going to be disappointed.

I can't believe how much Nintendo has grown thanks to Pokemon Go. I am almost certain the hype will die within a matter of weeks -- months at best.

To think that only 10% profit from the app goes directly to nintendo ;)

Lufkin

Postby Lufkin » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:20 pm

Like almost everything, hype dies off with time... It's only natural.

For me, if I had cellular data and could actually use the app, it would be a nice excuse to take longer walks. I hate where I live, so I don't take long walks at all. With Pokémon Go I would have something to distract myself from the ugliness of the city.

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Sat Jul 23, 2016 5:48 pm

I think the hype will last until after Christmas at the very least - it'll give Nintendo a boost in time for the NX launch.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Sat Jul 23, 2016 6:49 pm

Actually, it's quite sad that these kind of games that take say... 10.000 to develop rake in the cash and multi million projects flowing with quality and love do not neccesairy make any substantial profit.

It's all in the DLC, it's all Borderline theft. These companies rely on addiction to sell not quality but quantity. It's the new smoking, bad for you but you'll do it anyway.

At the cost of quality :/

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:02 pm

The hype is fading. What the app will relegate itself to is just being turned on for your short walks at times. Less people will dedicate a walk to Pokemon Go and instead will have a destination to arrive at and Pokemon Go will be something to do in the meantime. That's not a bad thing at all, but the craze of it won't be there. You won't have people shouting at each other about what team they're on just cause they see someone on a phone.

I'll just keep catching my Rattata or Pidgey on my way home from work or something.
Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

Return to “Community Discussion”