Original Yooka-Laylee Fan Score; Kirkhope Style

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
PixelKing

Original Yooka-Laylee Fan Score; Kirkhope Style

Postby PixelKing » Tue Aug 16, 2016 3:50 am

Hey Everyone,

I've created a fan score for the Yooka-Laylee ice world!

https://soundcloud.com/fredprog/yooka-ice-world

The idea was to create a suitable piece of music before the real deal comes out and Kirkhope delivers the magic once again. As a backer and fan I tried to live up to Playtonic and Grant's legacy with this piece, and do justice to the amazing level we expect the ice world to be. I chose the ice world partly because the jungle world's music has already been released. I haven't listened to the teaser ice world music very much, and since they reportedly abandoned that version, this seemed like a really good opportunity to improve my skills. I hope you enjoy it and let me know what you think!

Thank you for listening! I'm looking forward to discussing the game with you all in the months to come! :mrgreen:

P.S. I used an official screenshot from Playtonic on soundcloud so everyone can visualize the picture I was referencing when composing. If this is a problem let me know and I will happily take it down!

BanjoThreeie

Re: Original Yooka-Laylee Fan Score; Kirkhope Style

Postby BanjoThreeie » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:29 am

Hey, this is pretty good! You definitely nailed the Kirkhope vibe with it. Nice work and thanks for sharing!

Return to “Community Discussion”