Beard Blade by Glovebox Games

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
EekumBokum202

Beard Blade by Glovebox Games

Postby EekumBokum202 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:56 am

I don't know about you guys, but I miss that classic SNES look... The Game Boy Advance had some excellent graphics as well! When it comes to Indie games, you usually see games aping the 8-bit NES look, and while it's cool for some games, it's a touch overused... which means a game with this kind of aesthetic feels really refreshing! The Kickstarter for it just started, it's got 27 days to go, and the goal is $95,000. As I'm writing this post, it's currently at $2,655, an okay start but it's still got a ways to go.

For those curious to what the game's actually about, it's about a guy named Branson, aka "Beard Blade", and he must embark on a quest to save his town's stolen good and uncover a dark secret. To do this, he's got this amazing beard that can transform into a number of amazing things that will help him move around, solve puzzles, and beat up bad guys. It's kind of like a mix between Shantae and that one episode of Dexter's Laboratory when Dexter makes a synthetic beard for himself and teams up with Action Hand to beat up a bunch of badass bearded foes. Sounds like an awesome premise to me! To learn more, check out the Kickstarter page, which also comes with a demo!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gl ... f=category

If you can't donate, at least spread this Kickstarter around, I think it could really use the support. FYI, I'm not part of the game's staff, I just share what I like!

Return to “Community Discussion”