Any pinballers here? Just ordered my first machine and I'm way excited!

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
dotEXE

Any pinballers here? Just ordered my first machine and I'm way excited!

Postby dotEXE » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:25 am

Hey guys! It never occurred to me before to talk about pinball around here but I figured there might be some fans. I've been playing for a bit but I just ordered my first home use machine a few days ago. I'm dying from anticipation. I'll be getting the Wizard of Oz 75th Anniversary Edition from Jersey Jack Pinball. After placing the order their CEO Jack called me to personally thank me for my purchase! I thought that was an amazing business move. We talked about pinball for like fifteen minutes, guy clearly has a ton of passion for the game and seems really nice.

Anyway just wanted to share my excitement and see if anyone else plays. What are people's favorite machines? WoZ is one of my top five for sure. After this I want to work out how to get a New In Box Metallica Premium.
Make the forum great again.

tux_peng

Re: Any pinballers here? Just ordered my first machine and I'm way excited!

Postby tux_peng » Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:39 pm

Adams Family is on of my favorites, the actual machine and on PS4's Pinball Arcade

Theguyoverthere

Postby Theguyoverthere » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:40 pm

Ha, this is a pleasant surprise! I am indeed a pinballer (currently ranked 5th in the world, look up 'Raymond Davidson' on IFPA). I also go by Theguyoverthere over on tiltforums.com.

Pinball is sweet! Glad to see a fellow pinballer! You should check out my Banjo-Kazooie visual pinball table I made years ago over on vpforums.org (there's some video of it on youtube as well). The table includes all 9 worlds and is a great pinball representation of the classic Banjo game.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:57 pm

Wow! Raymond Davidson! I follow the IFPA and PAPA and I've seen you play quite a few times :D Crazy how the recent PAPA 20 turned out huh?

I've actually bought a second machine since that post, a Metallica Pro from Pinball Refinery. I went with the Pro because I've heard too many horror stories about the hammer not working on the Premium. Love both games but Metallica quickly became my favorite. http://imgur.com/a/CekH0

I'll have to check out that Banjo Kazooie table on Visual Pinball!
Make the forum great again.

Theguyoverthere

Postby Theguyoverthere » Wed Apr 12, 2017 6:46 pm

I bought a Metallica Pro a couple years ago and have been happy with it ever since. Great game!
The Banjo-Kazooie pinball can be a bit of a pain and mystery on how to setup and get working fully (with the music and all), especially since it was made for VP 8 (and they're currently on VP10 I think? either way you must use VP8 to play it). Feel free to reach out if you're having trouble / have any questions.

Yooka-Laylee pinball next ? :D

Yuke Quantum

Postby Yuke Quantum » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:40 am

Wizard of Oz pinball sounds awesome. I went to a pinball arcade near Austin, TX and it had so many. I liked the Twilight Zone one and the X-Files one a lot but they had tons of awesome machines. They had a jumbo one too!
-Yuke Quantum
the thirst exploder

Yuke Quantum

Postby Yuke Quantum » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:44 am

dotEXE, any chance we could get a pic of the Oz table? :shock:
-Yuke Quantum
the thirst exploder

Return to “Community Discussion”