Refund of my backing

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Hiniku

Refund of my backing

Postby Hiniku » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:27 pm

I was wondering if it is possible to get a refund for my backing of the game. In light of playtonic games dropping JonTron I wish to remove my money from the backing of this game as I do not support censorship. If there is any one I can speak to further on this, I would be most gracious. Thank you.

Yavga

Re: Refund of my backing

Postby Yavga » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:31 pm

I believe you're able to refund through Kickstarter (backerkit) and you can also mail them through this way if the option is currently not availible.
Stop picking your nose Image

ryanator008

Postby ryanator008 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:42 pm

Yavga wrote:I believe you're able to refund through Kickstarter (backerkit) and you can also mail them through this way if the option is currently not availible.

Where exactly can I do these things? I'm having a bit of trouble.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:47 pm

ryanator008 wrote:
Yavga wrote:I believe you're able to refund through Kickstarter (backerkit) and you can also mail them through this way if the option is currently not availible.

I'm on mobile right now so It might not be 100% accurate. But if you head for the kickstarter campaign page while logged into your Kickstarter account there should be a way to email the developers (there was a button, I'm sure)

You could also try to log in through backer kit (the system you used for defining the platform of choice and other tiered options like having your name in the credits etc.)

ryanator008

Postby ryanator008 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:55 pm

Yavga wrote:
ryanator008 wrote:

I'm on mobile right now so It might not be 100% accurate. But if you head for the kickstarter campaign page while logged into your Kickstarter account there should be a way to email the developers (there was a button, I'm sure)

You could also try to log in through backer kit (the system you used for defining the platform of choice and other tiered options like having your name in the credits etc.)

But if I send them a message, do they have to refund me? I'm pretty sure they don't and won't. The BackerKit page seems to not let me request a refund. I can't change anything, it says it's all locked in.

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:57 pm

I'm not sure there is a single person who cares about Jon in any capacity and ever has.

I have no idea what controversy you're trying to start here, but Jon has no relevance in the gaming industry and never has.
Aiaiaiiii, we're 8 months past the deadline for the game, and still no word on it coming out.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:01 pm

ryanator008 wrote:
Yavga wrote:
ryanator008 wrote:Where exactly can I do these things? I'm having a bit of trouble.

But if I send them a message, do they have to refund me? I'm pretty sure they don't and won't. The BackerKit page seems to not let me request a refund. I can't change anything, it says it's all locked in.

I'm afraid you're out of options in that case, sorry :/ a mail explaining your situation might be your only option for a refund. I don't know if they are obligated to honor the request though.

Hiniku

Postby Hiniku » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:23 pm

Exaskryz wrote:I'm not sure there is a single person who cares about Jon in any capacity and ever has.

I have no idea what controversy you're trying to start here, but Jon has no relevance in the gaming industry and never has.

K, still want to remove my backing because of what happened despite your opinion.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:33 pm

Playtonic do not have to refund you. There is no law or requirement for them to do so.

You can try using the Backer messaging system on Kickstarter to discuss a refund. Playtonic, out of their own will, have chosen to refund backers that opted for the now discontinued Wii U version through this system. However, there is no guarantee that they will (and I don't think they should) refund you for this situation.

Hope that helps.

I am locking this thread.
Taylonic Ltd.

Return to “Community Discussion”