Forum Feature

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Exaskryz

Forum Feature

Postby Exaskryz » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:43 pm

Can we get the feature to block users and/or threads from being displayed on a personal level? That way things I consider SPAM are not shown to me even if Playtonic will tolerate it.
Aiaiaiiii, we're 8 months past the deadline for the game, and still no word on it coming out.

Rueckkoppler

Re: Forum Feature

Postby Rueckkoppler » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:03 pm

You're able to "add a foe". That way, you don't see the content of their posts unless you're clicking on them. But whole threads won't be hidden though.

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Yeah, I added NNI or w/e as a foe in the hopes I could hide that thread. Didn't disappear.

If anyone knows some good CSS code, that'd be great. This is the best I can do:

Code: Select all

@-moz-document domain("forums.playtonicgames.com") {
a.topictitle[href="./viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5255"]{
visibility:hidden !important;
}

a.topictitle[href="./viewtopic.php?f=4&t=5255"] ~ *{
visibility:hidden !important;
}
}

For use with Stylish addon. It will hide the link/title of the thread, pagination for the thread, and who it was posted by and when. It still gives you the "Next Unread Post" link/icon and shows you who last replied and when, and how many replies there are.

I don't know how I can accomplish deleting the entire row in the table.
Aiaiaiiii, we're 8 months past the deadline for the game, and still no word on it coming out.

DiverseOpinions

Postby DiverseOpinions » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:58 pm

When you're so triggered by a topic that you feel the need to remove the entire topic instead of just ignoring it.

Playtonic is the best company for teaching censorship it seems. :roll:

Don't pretend it's not the JonTron topic either, because we both know it is.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:05 pm

DiverseOpinions wrote:When you're so triggered by a topic that you feel the need to remove the entire topic instead of just ignoring it.

When you're so triggered by a topic that you feel the need to sign up to the forum of a company you are apparently boycotting just to spend your time discussing a game you apparently don't like, instead of just ignoring it. :roll:
Taylonic Ltd.

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:25 pm

Taylor wrote:
DiverseOpinions wrote:When you're so triggered by a topic that you feel the need to remove the entire topic instead of just ignoring it.

When you're so triggered by a topic that you feel the need to sign up to the forum of a company you are apparently boycotting just to spend your time discussing a game you apparently don't like, instead of just ignoring it. :roll:

:lol: Yep - amazing how they always go around calling people concerned with real problems such as racism "Snowflake SJWs", but they have the ultimate snowflake meltdowns themselves when they don't get their own way.

You don't agree with a company's decision? Then write them a polite email about why you disagree and they might take your concern into account because you've articulated your point of view in a civil, rational way that gives them something to consider. Acting like a spoilt tantruming child harassing them everywhere they go will just get you ignored because they don't have to put up with your emotional meltdown and try to reason with someone who is too emotional to listen and reply rationally.

DiverseOpinions

Postby DiverseOpinions » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:35 pm

Good to see the moderator accuse me of not liking the game and just being a troll instead of an actual possible customer like a good GameDev forum moderator would do. Is it at all possible that I was interested in purchasing the game before Playtonic decided to listen to the vocal minority and make a political statement by removing content from the game? Of course, you wouldn't think that at all possible because you're a biased moderator that gets off on telling people simply asking for refunds that you don't think they deserve it. Then you lock their threads with a smile on your face I'm sure.

By the way you should check out my video in the signature, you make a cameo in it and you get made fun of in the comments for being a terrible moderator. :)

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:00 am

DiverseOpinions wrote:Good to see the moderator accuse me of not liking the game and just being a troll instead of an actual possible customer like a good GameDev forum moderator would do. Is it at all possible that I was interested in purchasing the game before Playtonic decided to listen to the vocal minority and make a political statement by removing content from the game? Of course, you wouldn't think that at all possible because you're a biased moderator that gets off on telling people simply asking for refunds that you don't think they deserve it. Then you lock their threads with a smile on your face I'm sure.

By the way you should check out my video in the signature, you make a cameo in it and you get made fun of in the comments for being a terrible moderator. :)

:roll:

I have no direct affiliation with Playtonic and I can say whatever I want to, just like every member can, providing no forum rules are broken. I don't have to remain impartial in my views, and I never will. I locked the refund thread you are referring to because there was no further discussion to be had; I gave advice on how he might be able to discuss a refund, and that was that.

Oh, I saw your video -- complete propaganda. And I think there's a single comment that mentioned me, buried deep down, which really doesn't bother me in the slightest. I do my job fairly and leniently, though I may just lose my tolerance for you some time soon.
Taylonic Ltd.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:16 am

DiverseOpinions wrote:Good to see the moderator accuse me of not liking the game and just being a troll instead of an actual possible customer like a good GameDev forum moderator would do. Is it at all possible that I was interested in purchasing the game before Playtonic decided to listen to the vocal minority and make a political statement by removing content from the game? Of course, you wouldn't think that at all possible because you're a biased moderator that gets off on telling people simply asking for refunds that you don't think they deserve it. Then you lock their threads with a smile on your face I'm sure.

Your colors shine brightly. Pathetic
Stop picking your nose Image

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:11 am

Interesting. Wonder if anyone's ever "foe'd" me.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:38 am

Scrubber wrote:Interesting. Wonder if anyone's ever "foe'd" me.

Nah, you're alright :p

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:50 pm

So remember: If a discussion goes nowhere but keeps going in circles, just foe' that guy. Then you'll get to focus on the ones that deserve attention.

Well, except you're really willing to fight and write until your fingers fall off. Or if you're entertained by seeing that stuff :)

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:20 pm

Rueckkoppler wrote:So remember: If a discussion goes nowhere but keeps going in circles, just foe' that guy. Then you'll get to focus on the ones that deserve attention.

Well, except you're really willing to fight and write until your fingers fall off. Or if you're entertained by seeing that stuff :)

Both

Return to “Community Discussion”