Zelda - Breath of the Wild and green tunics [slight spoilers]

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Rueckkoppler

Zelda - Breath of the Wild and green tunics [slight spoilers]

Postby Rueckkoppler » Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:08 pm

Just like many others, I'm currently playing through BotW and I'm having a blast. I love the all the different clothing options and purposes and all the customisation. However, I'm looking forward to obtain the classic green tunic in order to finally to get that classic Zelda feeling with the first true HD Zelda. I just want to see Link riding Epona in his green tunic on Hyrule field... I need that :lol:

Well, as I heard, in order to get this game's green tunic, you...

...need to complete all 120 shrines and do an extra quest after that. I'm currently at like 103 shrines already and looking forward to finally get that "Tunic of the Wild".

However, what do you think of the different styled amiibo tunics?

8-Bit-Link (The Legend of Zelda on NES):

Hero of Time (The Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time):

Toon Link (The Legend of Zelda - The Wind Waker):

Hero of Twilight (The Legend of Zelda - Twilight Princess / Super Smash Bros. for Wii U / 3DS):

Skyward Sword Link (The Legend of Zelda - Skyward Sword):

For nostalgia purposes, I initially wanted to get that OoT outfit, but the more I think about it, it really clashes in its weird greenish color with the artstyle of BotW. Same goes for the TP Link, which looks too colourless for the game. The only costume that would really fit in my opinion is the Skyward Sword Link, which has no amiibo at the moment. I really don't want to buy an amiibo, but I'm willing to get one to get that tunic early.

It's not a big issue for me in any way, but it's a nice thing to have for this game!

What are your thoughts?

Scrubber

Re: Zelda - Breath of the Wild and green tunics [slight spoilers]

Postby Scrubber » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:05 pm

I'm loving Breath of the Wild. By far the hardest Zelda game there is but has a real learning curve that feels very rewarding. I've put so many hours into it and I know there's plenty left. Today I entered hyrule castle to take on ganon but those Lynels were way too tough so I scarpered til a later date.

I'm quite annoyed that epona and those above outfits are exclusive to amibo collectors. I will never buy one of those things.

RareAware

Postby RareAware » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:18 pm

By selling dropped monster parts to the travelling monster vendor, it's possible to also get a Dark Link Tunic.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 12:18 am

Scrubber wrote:I'm loving Breath of the Wild. By far the hardest Zelda game there is but has a real learning curve that feels very rewarding. I've put so many hours into it and I know there's plenty left. Today I entered hyrule castle to take on ganon but those Lynels were way too tough so I scarpered til a later date.

I'm quite annoyed that epona and those above outfits are exclusive to amibo collectors. I will never buy one of those things.

Yeah I don't like that at all. I guess the Tunic of the Wild will have to do it. Although the trousers look weird... I guess I'll use the hat & top part together with the khaki Hylian trousers. But didn't Nintendo say that Epona's in the game? And not only accessible via amiibo?

I only went to Hyrule Castle once and got some stuff in the beginning area. After what I've found, I was quite content for now and left:
The Hylian Shield is in a chest quite at the beginning.

I'm considering getting the N2 (former amiiqo) device at some point...

BTW please use spoiler tags for some things like the
Dark Link tunic,
RareAware :) But thanks for the tip! That guy has also some interesting masks, but you probably know that already at this point.

PurpleFyrus

Postby PurpleFyrus » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:32 am

I personally enjoy the Sheik mask the most

so awesome to play as somebody other than link (or look anyways)

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:30 am

Scrubber wrote:I'm quite annoyed that epona and those above outfits are exclusive to amibo collectors. I will never buy one of those things.

Could you borrow the amiibo from someone? I just lent my Link Rider amiibo to my sister for a few weeks so she can try and get more horse gear.

Or could you buy one second hand from a game store, scan it (the one to get Epona you only need to scan once as you get her the first time), and then take it back for a refund?

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:46 am

ShanPen wrote:
Scrubber wrote:I'm quite annoyed that epona and those above outfits are exclusive to amibo collectors. I will never buy one of those things.

Could you borrow the amiibo from someone? I just lent my Link Rider amiibo to my sister for a few weeks so she can try and get more horse gear.

Or could you buy one second hand from a game store, scan it (the one to get Epona you only need to scan once as you get her the first time), and then take it back for a refund?

That's what I would be planning otherwise. I really don't want to have these figures standing around in my place anyway, so that would be a temporary solution. Problem: Link amiibos seem to be sold out everywhere! Even Smash Link, the one that was like everywhere on stock disappeared. Not to mention the 30th anniversary amiibos like Ocarina of Time Link :(

I think looking online is a wrong approach anyway, I only found amiibos sold out or extremely overpriced.

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:15 am

Rueckkoppler wrote:
That's what I would be planning otherwise. I really don't want to have these figures standing around in my place anyway, so that would be a temporary solution. Problem: Link amiibos seem to be sold out everywhere! Even Smash Link, the one that was like everywhere on stock disappeared. Not to mention the 30th anniversary amiibos like Ocarina of Time Link :(

I think looking online is a wrong approach anyway, I only found amiibos sold out or extremely overpriced.

They don't sell out for months here in Australia, I still see Smash Brothers Link and Zelda or the Wind Waker amiibo in shops sometimes. Maybe try buying them from an Australian online store?
I actually got my first 2 amiibo (Smash Brother's Link and Zelda) on holiday in Hawaii which I thought was weird because I always heard how fast amiibo sell out in America.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:35 pm

I never came across a hyliam shield OR a Monster vendor. Will look for these tomorrow

I just beat Ganon earlier. Without dying once. Surprisingly easy. Also unrewarding. Didn't unlock anything for beating it :( I honestly thought the game would be much much bigger than this considering how long it took to make.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:53 pm

Scrubber wrote:...

Now that's a dilemma. Should I do everything (or at least get that green tunic) and beat Ganon at the end but be overpowered or do it soon and be demotivated to keep going with no story and conclusion at the horizon?

Yoshi

Postby Yoshi » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:54 am

You do get something for beating Ganon - a
star in your savefile
!
Regarding the green tunic: You can get it, it is not much better than others and if you don't upgrade it (which would require quite a bit of busywork), it may even be weaker than other tunics you already have. Having 30 hearts is an advantage, but the Vah-skills and the master sword are much reater advantages anyway.

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:46 am

Scrubber wrote:I honestly thought the game would be much much bigger than this considering how long it took to make.

I've found all the memories and gotten to all the towers to complete the map, as well as doing some shrines and side quests. Is there really only freeing the 4 Divine Beasts and then Ganon left (plus finishing off the shrines and side quests), or is there a bit more to it than that? If someone wouldn't mind giving a spoiler free "Yes there's more" or "No, that's about it" answer if possible, that'd be great. :)

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:40 am

ShanPen wrote:
Scrubber wrote:I honestly thought the game would be much much bigger than this considering how long it took to make.

I've found all the memories and gotten to all the towers to complete the map, as well as doing some shrines and side quests. Is there really only freeing the 4 Divine Beasts and then Ganon left (plus finishing off the shrines and side quests), or is there a bit more to it than that? If someone wouldn't mind giving a spoiler free "Yes there's more" or "No, that's about it" answer if possible, that'd be great. :)

Dlc in near future is your answer ;)
But what you're looking for is probably not there story wise. I cannot find any mysteries to solve unless you'd count in glitchhunting :p
Stop picking your nose Image

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:55 pm

ShanPen wrote:

No that's literally it for the main quest. I was shocked. When I went to face Ganon I thought it was going to be like a meeting, where I see him, he's too powerful then I get sent on more story quests but no that was it. The only main quests are free the Devine beasts and get your memory back. Can't believe it.

ShanPen

Postby ShanPen » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:50 am

Scrubber wrote:
ShanPen wrote:

No that's literally it for the main quest. I was shocked. When I went to face Ganon I thought it was going to be like a meeting, where I see him, he's too powerful then I get sent on more story quests but no that was it. The only main quests are free the Devine beasts and get your memory back. Can't believe it.

Thanks for the answers. Well that's really disappointing, I thought there would be way more to the game too, especially considering how big the map is, and considering the game got perfect review scores :( .

As a side note, does anyone else hate the voice acting in the game? Every time Zelda spoke, the too-posh and WAY too old sounding voice (considering she's only supposed to be around 17 years old) made me wish Ganon would just finish her off then and there so I didn't have to hear her stupid voice again. :?

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:14 am

But I've got to say that there's a lot of other content that's not main story related. And despite having only 4 proper dungeons, I constantly feel like being in one due to the many shrines, they really evoke the same feeling, even if they're bite-sized.

Only thing I'm slightly fed up are the always same-y Korok encounters. I see a stone and in my head, I already unwinded the never changing dialogue lines and sound effects before I even lifted it...

Collecting all of them will never be a goal of mine and I'm happy that I basically only need many handweapon slots anyway.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:30 pm

ShanPen wrote:
Scrubber wrote:
ShanPen wrote:

Thanks for the answers. Well that's really disappointing, I thought there would be way more to the game too, especially considering how big the map is, and considering the game got perfect review scores :( .

As a side note, does anyone else hate the voice acting in the game? Every time Zelda spoke, the too-posh and WAY too old sounding voice (considering she's only supposed to be around 17 years old) made me wish Ganon would just finish her off then and there so I didn't have to hear her stupid voice again. :?

I WANT voice acting in Zelda but I think they made the wrong casting decisions. I agree Zelda is too posh and doesn't sound 16. The Goron dude is too American.

Me "completing" Zelda all depends on time for now. As soon as Yooka Laylee drops then I'm done with Zelda. Is there much incentive to doing all the shrines or side quests?

Yoshi

Postby Yoshi » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:17 am

Well, the shrines are the meat of the game, but there is no good reward for it. Considering the boss is super easy, you certainly don't need all the shrines. There is one thing you need to do some shrines for that you will want
the Master Sword
. Other than that it definitely is optional.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:22 am

Acquired the Hylian Shield and slightly disappointed that it breaks.

bigfanofoldrare

Postby bigfanofoldrare » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:14 am

i tryied a lot of time to play zelda games..

but i have litteraly no fun to play the game.. and i try a couple of time , it just not work with me..

but i never play game you are walking with a sword and put shield and all those stuff.. i guess , its the principal reason i never enter in the mood.

Return to “Community Discussion”