How do I cancle my Humble Bundle preorder

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
zand

How do I cancle my Humble Bundle preorder

Postby zand » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:07 pm

I attempted to refund my pre-order on humblebundle last week but was told that I had to go though Playtonic.

I'm not a fan of Johntron and only watched 2 of his videos but I am for freespeech and to hear that Playtonic trashed content just to join in the media hype by trying to attack an an individual because they may not think exactly alike. It's nothing short of bulling.

As a gay kid, growing up I had to deal with others trying to make things what they weren't in attempt to turn friends against me just because I was and always will be different.

Rueckkoppler

Re: How do I cancle my Humble Bundle preorder

Postby Rueckkoppler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:19 pm

1. JonTron still can use his freedom of speech and kicking him out of a personal art project has nothing to do with limiting it
2. It was Playtonics decision because they disagree with his output, no matter who made them notice it. But they did and they decided to show their disagreement with his (in my opinion) highly questionable output
3. It's horrible that you were treated that way, but I don't see the connection to this case. There's no manipulation in order to exclude somebody, it's quite the opposite: It's a reaction to a mindset that would eventually exclude many people that don't deserve this either.
4. Write an email to Playtonic if you're still convinced of Playtonics supposed negative motives, the address must be on their official page
5. Relax.
Last edited by Rueckkoppler on Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

bigfanofoldrare

Postby bigfanofoldrare » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:23 pm

I don't understand why people are angry after playtonic..

Playtonic said that they remove his voice and don't support John Tron in his comment..

why are you mad bro?

bigfanofoldrare

Postby bigfanofoldrare » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:31 pm

and they could not know , that john tron would made a comment like that.

zand

Postby zand » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:38 pm

Honestly I am more disappointed at the way playtonic handled it. They didn't have to state that he his voice made the cut or state the reason they removed it. I kinda felt it was tacky that they included it but, the way they did things is more of trying to punish and make an example of him and what happens if you step out of line.

I did send send an email love at playtonic on the 24th with vary similar contents to the original post. Been taking my time trying to resolve this in the best manor possible while trudging though the mayhem that has been going on.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:03 pm

zand wrote:Honestly I am more disappointed at the way playtonic handled it. They didn't have to state that he his voice made the cut or state the reason they removed it. I kinda felt it was tacky that they included it but, the way they did things is more of trying to punish and make an example of him and what happens if you step out of line.

I did send send an email love at playtonic on the 24th with vary similar contents to the original post. Been taking my time trying to resolve this in the best manor possible while trudging though the mayhem that has been going on.

Maybe it was important to them to make a big statement. Maybe they knew that people would ask them eventually about JonTron (or ask him), which would potentially cause anger as well, since they would've removed him "behind the backs of their fans". There's no nice way they could've done that.

Believe me, I'm a JonTron fan as well (while not sharing his political views) and even if, I would've disagreed with his output since it (rightfully) makes him a target and gives conservatives the extremist imagine they naturally can't benefit from either.

bigfanofoldrare

Postby bigfanofoldrare » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:16 am

Do you realize about that?

If playtonic was not created , we would maybe never see back a kind of game like banjo-kazooie .. if you really like banjo-kazooie, i can't believe , you will not play the game for that..

Return to “Community Discussion”