JonTron and Playtonic Games

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
TSE1130

JonTron and Playtonic Games

Postby TSE1130 » Thu May 25, 2017 2:36 pm

What happened between JonTron and Playtonic Games?
Guest 10000000000000/TheScienceEnthusiast1130. A science and entertainment media enthusiast. Activist of Anonymous. Hello. :D

https://about.me/guest10000000000000

FailureFactory

Re: JonTron and Playtonic Games

Postby FailureFactory » Thu May 25, 2017 6:21 pm

He said some things on his channel that Playtonic felt they didn't want to be associated with, so they cut his voice acting role from the game. If you're an actual Anonymous activist, I presume you have the internet skills to search this forum for the already-closed discussion on this. Long story short, some people felt it was the right step, because what he said was racist and as a studio, Playtonic can choose to not include someone's contribution in the final product (you wouldn't expect some extra actor to successfully sue a movie company to leave his scene in, would you?). Others said they shouldn't have done it, and assumed it wasn't so much Playtonic's own decision, but evil social justice warriors spoiling all the fun.

Now this thread can get closed, too. Hooray.

TSE1130

Postby TSE1130 » Fri May 26, 2017 1:43 pm

FailureFactory wrote:He said some things on his channel that Playtonic felt they didn't want to be associated with, so they cut his voice acting role from the game. If you're an actual Anonymous activist, I presume you have the internet skills to search this forum for the already-closed discussion on this. Long story short, some people felt it was the right step, because what he said was racist and as a studio, Playtonic can choose to not include someone's contribution in the final product (you wouldn't expect some extra actor to successfully sue a movie company to leave his scene in, would you?). Others said they shouldn't have done it, and assumed it wasn't so much Playtonic's own decision, but evil social justice warriors spoiling all the fun.

Now this thread can get closed, too. Hooray.

1. Was it this: http://forums.playtonicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5255

2. Then again, Anonymous is a collective, not a group. Not everyone in Anonymous knows "haX0r ski11z", contrary to what filthy statists stereotype Anonymous as. Not all of us perform research, and even then, research is even more difficult because of 2017. As of now, the collective is at its worst times (World politics in 2017 are to blame).

3. Did Playtonic Games decide their JonTron removal decision on their own, or were they somehow pressured by a feminazi social media user?
Guest 10000000000000/TheScienceEnthusiast1130. A science and entertainment media enthusiast. Activist of Anonymous. Hello. :D

FailureFactory

Postby FailureFactory » Fri May 26, 2017 2:27 pm

TSE1130 wrote:Did Playtonic Games decide their JonTron removal decision on their own, or were they somehow pressured by a feminazi social media user?

I know that for some reason some people love to blame feminists/activists for everything they don't agree with (what the heck would feminism even have to do with the topic of racism, dude?), but as far as I can see, the company just made a decision based on what they thought was right. If you don't think what they did was right, I guess your beef is with Playtonic.

TSE1130

Postby TSE1130 » Sun May 28, 2017 3:57 am

FailureFactory wrote:
TSE1130 wrote:Did Playtonic Games decide their JonTron removal decision on their own, or were they somehow pressured by a feminazi social media user?

I know that for some reason some people love to blame feminists/activists for everything they don't agree with (what the heck would feminism even have to do with the topic of racism, dude?), but as far as I can see, the company just made a decision based on what they thought was right. If you don't think what they did was right, I guess your beef is with Playtonic.

1. Because the people that often start these controversies often have viewpoints that align with feminism.

2. Correct, "feminism" and "racism" are two completely different terminologies. However, there are SJW nutcases that stupidly equate the concepts of feminism and racism together at almost every comment about racism.

3. I was slightly disappointed in both Playtonic Games, and Jon Jafari. Aside from that, I still like Yooka-Laylee, and JonTron's YouTube channel.

FailureFactory

Postby FailureFactory » Sun May 28, 2017 8:07 am

TSE1130 wrote:
FailureFactory wrote:

I know that for some reason some people love to blame feminists/activists for everything they don't agree with (what the heck does feminism even have to do with the topic of racism, dude?), but as far as I can see, the company just made a decision based on what they thought was right. If you don't think what they did was right, I guess your beef is with Playtonic.

1. Because the people that often start these controversies often have viewpoints that align with feminism.

2. Correct, "feminism" and "racism" are two completely different terminologies. However, there are SJW nutcases that stupidly equate the concepts of feminism and racism together at almost every comment about racism.

3. I was slightly disappointed in both Playtonic Games, and Jon Jafari. Aside from that, I still like Yooka-Laylee, and JonTron's YouTube channel.

If your claim is that people who mind racism are more likely to mind sexism than those who don't, I suppose that can be supported by statistics. It's called humanism.

Also, there are nutcases in any group. I have yet to see evidence that supporters of feminism are more likely to be to nutcases than members of other groups. My personal experience goes in the opposite direction. I have, however, experienced teenage boys make the claim of nutty feminists online, on several occasions. When I ask them to back up their claim, they say things like "Women want men to open doors for them, but then they claim they want to be treated equally, what's up with that?". What they always have failed to show is that women who say the one are (relatively often) women who say the other. They say feminists want to be treated better than men, but nobody has ever been able to convince me that this is true for a significant number of feminists or what is derogatorily called a sjw.

Am I a sjw for discussing this with you? Perhaps I am. You haven't seen my scream for Jon Tron being sent to a gulag, have you? I just think that when Playtonic decides they don't want to leave the content he generated in, it's their decision. Perhaps that makes Playtonic sjw too? Perhaps not wanting to be friends with someone who tells debunked conspiracy theories about others is just, uh, normal?

Return to “Community Discussion”