Griff the Winged Lion, Back on KickStarter, New Trailer and Demo

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Bryman04

Griff the Winged Lion, Back on KickStarter, New Trailer and Demo

Postby Bryman04 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:31 am

Griff the Winged Lion is a Spyro inspired Indie Game, and has PS1/N64 style graphics

KickStarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/21 ... platformer
Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cieP8t ... e=youtu.be
Demo: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/wkllttigt5i5 ... lrk2a?dl=0

I look forward to it and hope the project is successful!

Rueckkoppler

Re: Griff the Winged Lion, Back on KickStarter, New Trailer and Demo

Postby Rueckkoppler » Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:58 am

Oh wow, it's the second attempt apparently, they already did one campaign. Anyway, I think this looks interesting!

EekumBokum202

Postby EekumBokum202 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:22 pm

And once again, it failed... Better move to Indiegogo!

Gorjo

Postby Gorjo » Fri Nov 03, 2017 11:04 pm

Bummer. I didn't know about this until now. Hope something comes of it anyway.
I mean just look at Clive N' Wrench.

Brutalikus

Postby Brutalikus » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:25 am

:o I have very mixed emotions on this one.

While I highly doubt you guys would believe me (or even care for that matter), I had an extremely similar game idea come to me in a dream years ago. The main character's name was even supposed to be Griff. I've even been trying to conceptualize a game based around that dream ever since I went to school for game design and even a little before that. In fact, I was sculpting one of the characters that I mean-- or perhaps meant-- to use for that project minutes before I read this... There is a bit of sick feeling in the pit of my stomach now after learning that someone beat me to some of the ideas that I wanted to use... meaning that now I probably will have to overhaul the main character to avoid similarities to this Griff. This game's existence is extremely discouraging to me for that personal reason. :cry:

That said, since it looks very similar to the game that I wanted to create, I'll probably check this one out at some point. This retro ascetic isn't something that anyone really aims for anymore due it being perceived as dated, but that's what actually gives it a unique flair in the modern day. I really wish I would have been able to follow through with my personal game project before this game beat me to some pretty significant punches, but there isn't much i can do about that now. I'm not really sure what to hope for the Winged Lion... I want it to be an enjoyable experience, but I'm also scared that they could stumble on more of the ideas that I was hoping to get to first.

Return to “Community Discussion”