Mega Man 11 coming late 2018

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Gorjo

Mega Man 11 coming late 2018

Postby Gorjo » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:39 pm

Hard to believe that Mega Man 10 came out seven years ago, many fans were worried to say the least about the future of the franchise. But to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the original game, Capcom has released a teaser for the new entry meant to come out next year for PC, Switch, PS4 and Xbox One:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnKB-Xgd-2E

Like all the main entries in the series this one too is in 2D, but unlike the previous two games that returned to the 8bit aesthetic, this one will have a "traditionally animated" feel to it.

We don't know what any of the Robot Masters will be yet, but one of Mega Man's power up seems to be themed after bricks.

O O O O H H
B A N A N A

Rueckkoppler

Re: Mega Man 11 coming late 2018

Postby Rueckkoppler » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:42 pm

I'm not a Mega Man fan at all (since I entered gaming with the N64), but I feel the excitement, too. It's been like, 7 years now since the latest entry? Even that one had some kind of pixelated artstyle, so not truly modern in its looks.

This on the other hand looks like a proper modernisation AND a lot like the great looking concept art of Mighty No. 9. But comparing this teaser to the final product of MN9, the difference is very shattering. No ugly 3D-styled with confusing/convoluted looking objects and characters, but very vibrant and clear. When you look at a short segment of gameplay and you know what's going on, the developers must've done something right. It looks like an artwork in motion; it's beautiful!

I think I'll never like Sonic games for example (they seem to be the opposite of MM: very frequent and mostly average), but I might get into Mega Man with this one finally.

Gorjo

Postby Gorjo » Wed Dec 06, 2017 1:38 am

I was wrong, we do know the appearence of the robot master that gives Mega Man his new power up, not the name though:

You know, since Mega Man is so full of music references, from the main characters' names being Rock and Roll to a towm's name being ACDC, I wouldn't be that surprised if they pull a reference to Pynk Floyd's The Wall with this one.

-
Personally the classic NES style always looked kind of off to me because I grew up with the sega genesis remake called "The Wily Wars", wich looks more detailed but still simple. I would have prefered something like that for 9 and 10, so I like the new art direction better. Not saying that the gameplay wasn't great in the originals though.

O O O O H H
B A N A N A

Gorjo

Postby Gorjo » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:20 pm

Something I didn't notice until now:

The armor Mega Man is wearing in this picture seems to be inspired by the spin-off series Mega Man Star Force (A sequel to Battle Network). This likely means we'll get different armors based on all incarnations of the character, like X, Legends, Battle Network, maybe even Zero and ZX (I mean, Star Force is probably the most obscure one, so...).

O O O O H H
B A N A N A

Return to “Community Discussion”