Playtonic's Next Game... Soon? (Speculation)

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
KremlingKuthroat19

Re: Playtonic's Next Game... Soon? (Speculation)

Postby KremlingKuthroat19 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:24 pm

Taylor wrote:Their universe expanding could possibly be foreshadowing a game set in space, as well as obviously an advert for hiring new staff to create said game.

I agree that a Jet Force Gemini type game seems like a great second game for Playtonic. The blamphibians and Schell herself seem to have the most backstory set up in Yooka-Laylee. Also Gavin Price isn't shy about mentioning how much he loves Jet Force Gemini. Lastly, that silhouette does look like another member of Schell's mercenary crew if I'm speculating.

Scrubber wrote:Diddy Kong was huge, yookalaylee are not.
Plus it's a completely different world now. There are too many kart racers and those without big selling characters don't sell.

Agree with this post. If Playtonic could convince Nintendo to allow them to make Diddy Kong Racing 2 w/ Playtonic characters would be the best outcome imo.

wacky ducky

Postby wacky ducky » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:49 pm

It would be interesting if the karts are the characters themselves. Imagine an ostritch with wheels and it then grows legs when it approaches a platform section.

NPChilla

Postby NPChilla » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:02 pm

Intriguing.

This is probably a bit forward of me to ask, but how lucrative has YL proven to be?
Has it made Playtonic enough money for a huge, sprawling adventure as their second game?

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:40 pm

Sadly they dodged a lot of important questions with YL. Will keep an eye out but after what happened I can see a LOT of people treating this like mighty no 9.

Worse maybe.

wacky ducky

Postby wacky ducky » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:20 pm

NPChilla wrote:Intriguing.

This is probably a bit forward of me to ask, but how lucrative has YL proven to be?
Has it made Playtonic enough money for a huge, sprawling adventure as their second game?

What counts as a huge sprawling adventure? As far as I know Yooka Laylee sold well enough for them to grow as a company.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Thu Nov 08, 2018 8:29 pm

wacky ducky wrote:
NPChilla wrote:Intriguing.

What counts as a huge sprawling adventure? As far as I know Yooka Laylee sold well enough for them to grow as a company.

I mean, Yooka was kinda like that. Although the levels were a bit too big for having enough unique content(like challenges, buildings, NPCs and enemies). There needs to be more work in making these worlds feel alive, which could require a bigger budget I guess.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”