Videogames Crowdfunding General

Discuss stuff wot ain't games. You do have other hobbies, right?
Gorjo

Videogames Crowdfunding General

Postby Gorjo » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:04 pm

This is a thread to share and discuss any crowfunding project of interest related to video games as well as crowdfunding in general.

Sadly not every project gets the atention it deserves for wathever reason, and not every person who would be interested in a project learns about it in time (even if the project succeeds, the person may be dissapointed for not being part of it, I know it happened to me a couple of times), so this thread may help with that if only a little.

Of course, some crowfundings may be scams, or may be done by people who don't really know what they are doing. This is where the discussion aspect of the thread comes in handy. It's important, for example, to see if the crowfunding campaign shows footage of what the game will be like, if the people in charge have verifiable experience, if they show how the money will be spent, and if they answer to questions by backers in a clear manner, among other things. Anyone who wants to share experiences with crowdfunding is welcome.

(By the way, I read the forum's rules and I think this doesn't count as advertisement, as it isn't done by people involved in the projects but by fans the same way we make threads about finished games. Still it's the admins' call of course.)

So, let's begin!

O O O O H H
B A N A N A

Gorjo

Re: Videogames Crowdfunding General

Postby Gorjo » Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:01 pm

One of the most succesful kickstarters right now seems to be OMNO, "an atmospheric exploration and puzzle adventure". It made more than twice its initial goal and there are only four days remaining as of this post.

There are A LOT of retro style projects right now but one that got my atention is this Game Boy inspired one called Pocket Penguin because the bat boss makes me think of an evil Laylee:

O O O O H H
B A N A N A

Return to “Community Discussion”