Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
the8thark
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby the8thark » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:04 pm

"This is one that many Switch fans have been waiting for!
@Team17Ltd and @PlaytonicGames' Yooka-Laylee will be getting a physical release on the Nintendo Switch!
It will be available exclusively through us at http://www.limitedrungames.com !"

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/sta ... 03616?s=19

Thank you Playtonic and Team 17 for working hard to make this a reality.
It will be a limited time pre-order so anyone can get this on cart as lnog as you get your pre-order in on time.

Piet
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 am

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby Piet » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:01 pm

the8thark wrote:"This is one that many Switch fans have been waiting for!
@Team17Ltd and @PlaytonicGames' Yooka-Laylee will be getting a physical release on the Nintendo Switch!
It will be available exclusively through us at http://www.limitedrungames.com !"

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/sta ... 03616?s=19

Thank you Playtonic and Team 17 for working hard to make this a reality.
It will be a limited time pre-order so anyone can get this on cart as lnog as you get your pre-order in on time.

'Limited' is what bothers me tho...
Can I get a physical copy when I live in the Netherlands..?

the8thark
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:59 pm

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby the8thark » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:23 pm

Piet wrote:
the8thark wrote:"This is one that many Switch fans have been waiting for!
@Team17Ltd and @PlaytonicGames' Yooka-Laylee will be getting a physical release on the Nintendo Switch!
It will be available exclusively through us at http://www.limitedrungames.com !"

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/sta ... 03616?s=19

Thank you Playtonic and Team 17 for working hard to make this a reality.
It will be a limited time pre-order so anyone can get this on cart as lnog as you get your pre-order in on time.

'Limited' is what bothers me tho...
Can I get a physical copy when I live in the Netherlands..?

Yes you can. The limited part is the pre-order period is the only time you can get it. Miss that window and you miss it forever.

User avatar
ShanPen
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby ShanPen » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:48 am

the8thark wrote:Yes you can. The limited part is the pre-order period is the only time you can get it. Miss that window and you miss it forever.


Have you (or anyone else reading this who'd care to comment) bought from them before and/or can confirm the 14 day open pre-order window is definitely how they do things now?
Because I read the FAQ and the "Buying Guide" (https://limitedrungames.com/pages/buying-guide) on their website and that made it sound like they create the limited number of games first and then release them for sale at two set times on one specific day and that's the only chance you get. I'm wondering if that was their old method of selling (or if I just interpreted it wrong) and so just wanted to confirm that they do indeed do open pre-orders now.

Piet
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 am

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby Piet » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:09 am

ShanPen wrote:
the8thark wrote:Yes you can. The limited part is the pre-order period is the only time you can get it. Miss that window and you miss it forever.


Have you (or anyone else reading this who'd care to comment) bought from them before and/or can confirm the 14 day open pre-order window is definitely how they do things now?
Because I read the FAQ and the "Buying Guide" (https://limitedrungames.com/pages/buying-guide) on their website and that made it sound like they create the limited number of games first and then release them for sale at two set times on one specific day and that's the only chance you get. I'm wondering if that was their old method of selling (or if I just interpreted it wrong) and so just wanted to confirm that they do indeed do open pre-orders now.

^ This.

User avatar
ShanPen
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby ShanPen » Fri Jun 22, 2018 10:18 am

Piet wrote:
ShanPen wrote:
the8thark wrote:Yes you can. The limited part is the pre-order period is the only time you can get it. Miss that window and you miss it forever.


Have you (or anyone else reading this who'd care to comment) bought from them before and/or can confirm the 14 day open pre-order window is definitely how they do things now?
Because I read the FAQ and the "Buying Guide" (https://limitedrungames.com/pages/buying-guide) on their website and that made it sound like they create the limited number of games first and then release them for sale at two set times on one specific day and that's the only chance you get. I'm wondering if that was their old method of selling (or if I just interpreted it wrong) and so just wanted to confirm that they do indeed do open pre-orders now.

^ This.


I found this by Limited Run Games on Twitter saying that all Switch games are sold as open pre-orders, so we should all be right to get physical Switch copies of Yooka-Laylee if we want, assuming they keep up this method of sale. :)
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1007289719980298240

User avatar
ShanPen
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby ShanPen » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:59 am

There will be a limited edition Yooka-Laylee Switch bundle according to Limited Run Games on Twitter.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1016339392091344896

Good news I guess, but not great for people in different time zones, or with slow internet (like the whole of Australia...).

dangerousbrian0
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:30 am

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby dangerousbrian0 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:44 am

The Only thing I hate about this is the fact people were asking for a Physical release & playtonic were like we will see if the Demand is there & how well the Digital release goes. That is why I was holding off buying the Digital version & plus I have in physical form on Xbox One & PS4. Now Playtonic know that the demand is there for a Physical release they cant be bothered to do it themselves & release it just like they did for the Xbox One & PS4 my opinion if they are not going to release it like they did with Xbox One & PS4 don't bother releasing it in physical form at all as now I have to import a physical copy from the U.S. to the U.K. which means I have to try & make sure & hopefully someone is in to accept it just in case there is a surplus charge. Yet if they released it normally people could just go to the shop & pick it up.

User avatar
Rueckkoppler
Posts: 1110
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:22 pm

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby Rueckkoppler » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:49 pm

dangerousbrian0 wrote:The Only thing I hate about this is the fact people were asking for a Physical release & playtonic were like we will see if the Demand is there & how well the Digital release goes. That is why I was holding off buying the Digital version & plus I have in physical form on Xbox One & PS4. Now Playtonic know that the demand is there for a Physical release they cant be bothered to do it themselves & release it just like they did for the Xbox One & PS4 my opinion if they are not going to release it like they did with Xbox One & PS4 don't bother releasing it in physical form at all as now I have to import a physical copy from the U.S. to the U.K. which means I have to try & make sure & hopefully someone is in to accept it just in case there is a surplus charge. Yet if they released it normally people could just go to the shop & pick it up.


I don't get why they're doing it that way either. Even indie games like Binding of Isaac got a physical copy for retailers (but that's probably because its success-wise a bigger game than Yooka).

Piet
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 am

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby Piet » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:10 pm


User avatar
ShanPen
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby ShanPen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:24 pm

Piet wrote:G'damnit, it's delayed by a month...
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1023895848143527936


Yeah I saw that yesterday too. Bit disappointing, but fingers crossed it means the DLC will be finished and included on the Switch cart.

Piet
Posts: 729
Joined: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:31 am

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby Piet » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:50 am

ShanPen wrote:
Piet wrote:G'damnit, it's delayed by a month...
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1023895848143527936


Yeah I saw that yesterday too. Bit disappointing, but fingers crossed it means the DLC will be finished and included on the Switch cart.

Now that would be awesome, but I won't bet on it.

User avatar
ShanPen
Posts: 281
Joined: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:16 pm
Location: Australia

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby ShanPen » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:10 am

We have a release date! :D

SEPTEMBER 3rd FOR YOOKA-LAYLEE SWITCH PHYSICAL!

Image

ShaneCud
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:44 am

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby ShaneCud » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:21 pm

Sep 3rd cannot come soon enough! Can't wait for this. I'm finally going to have a reason to get back on the Switch again.


Return to “Yooka-Laylee”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests