Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
bjaxx87

Re: Yooka-Laylee on Switch through Limited Run Gammes

Postby bjaxx87 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:25 pm

Phew! I did it as well! :D I pre-logged into Paypal and created a Limited Run account with pre-set delivery address to save some time. I even "trained" placing an order as quickly as possible by pretending to buy "Dust". :D

Congrats to everyone who made it!

Tek wrote:Glad the discount code worked for that one, too.

Really? :shock: I didn't even try because they said it was for the standard version (and I didn't want to waste precious seconds).

Tek

Postby Tek » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:50 pm

bjaxx87 wrote:Really? :shock: I didn't even try because they said it was for the standard version (and I didn't want to waste precious seconds).

I had thought so too until right before it went on sale. I think I saw a statement about it on twitter at the last minute, and decided to try it. I had the code copied to clipboard for additional time saving at checkout. Sorry to hear you didn't get the benefit of the discount code. At least you got a copy, though :)

karashata

Postby karashata » Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:35 pm

DarkTone wrote:Is the coloured cart for backers only, or will non backers get a shot at it too?

The Backer Edition CE with the coloured cart will be available to the general public at Midnight EST on Sept. 10. 64-bit Edition tier backers and higher are getting a shot at it first (with a substantial discount, no less), but this suggests they're anticipating at least some to be available after the backers of those higher tiers have claimed theirs. At $249.99 though, it's a pretty steep price for what's essentially the same as the regular CE but with a special "backer exclusive" coloured cart. At $34.99 for us higher-tier backers (with our promo codes), though, it's a right steal, heh.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:29 pm

karashata wrote:
DarkTone wrote:Is the coloured cart for backers only, or will non backers get a shot at it too?

The Backer Edition CE with the coloured cart will be available to the general public at Midnight EST on Sept. 10. 64-bit Edition tier backers and higher are getting a shot at it first (with a substantial discount, no less), but this suggests they're anticipating at least some to be available after the backers of those higher tiers have claimed theirs. At $249.99 though, it's a pretty steep price for what's essentially the same as the regular CE but with a special "backer exclusive" coloured cart. At $34.99 for us higher-tier backers (with our promo codes), though, it's a right steal, heh.

Thanks. The coloured cart is the only difference?! I backed the 64 bit edition so this is a great bonus.

karashata

Postby karashata » Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:47 pm

As far as I can tell, yes. The stuff listed for both the regular CE and the Backer Edition CE is the same other than the cart being coloured for the Backer CE, so I can only assume they're otherwise the same. You'd have to get in touch with Limited Run Games if you really wanted to be certain, though.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Fri Sep 07, 2018 8:13 pm

karashata wrote:As far as I can tell, yes. The stuff listed for both the regular CE and the Backer Edition CE is the same other than the cart being coloured for the Backer CE, so I can only assume they're otherwise the same. You'd have to get in touch with Limited Run Games if you really wanted to be certain, though.

I hear that. Got a lot of help from someone on the FB page. Good luck to everyone who wants one.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:44 pm

Did anyone manage to get their orders?

karashata

Postby karashata » Tue Sep 11, 2018 1:14 am

Yep. Though, I was able to take advantage of the exclusivity period Limited Run Games had for high-tier backers for the Backer Edition CE before they released it to the general public. I'd be interested to know if anyone who didn't back at the higher tiers and get early access to them was able to get one when they opened orders up to the public.

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:31 am

Good to hear. Hope there's positive feedback from this.

Piet

Postby Piet » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:23 am

Let's hope the radio silence is over soon! :)

bigfanofoldrare

Postby bigfanofoldrare » Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:36 pm

personally im really angry and discourage from playtonic.. and the worst i feel no dlc for yooka-laylee and a new jet force gemini a game i dont like :(

i lose my trust into playtnoic.

Tek

Postby Tek » Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:33 pm

Looks like more than 10,000 pre-orders have been made so far, that's kinda awesome.

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/sta ... 7448983554

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”