Playtonic have saved platform game to me

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
bigfanofoldrare

Playtonic have saved platform game to me

Postby bigfanofoldrare » Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:52 pm

I will explain myself..

First yooka-laylee is nice but that not my point..

I finally bought a switch and mario odyssey.. and the game is really amazing i have to said it , you have to explore all level and think how to get some moons.. the game is really amazing..

but i say playtonic saved platform game because of this.. If playtonic never existed, i think we would never get a mario odyssey. Playtonic forced nintendo to give a inspired game , and honestly if playtonic was not here.. i doubt we would get a super game like mario odyssey..

Yooka-laylee is really good but to me , but i think playtonic forced nintendo to make a inspired mario and they did..

Mario galaxy 2, mario 3d land was linear and without effort and creativity.. but mario odyssey is really a masterpiece , and playtonic is a reason to me.

Piet

Re: Playtonic have saved platform game to me

Postby Piet » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:15 am

That's not true in the slightest...
Super Mario Odyssey has been in production for years + it follows the same formula as SM64 and SMS, so nothing new for Nintendo.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:42 pm

Piet wrote:That's not true in the slightest...
Super Mario Odyssey has been in production for years + it follows the same formula as SM64 and SMS, so nothing new for Nintendo.

True that. Odyssey was in development right after Super Mario 3D World (2013; two years before the Kickstarter for Yooka-Laylee). I think it's the same case with Odyssey as it was with Zelda: Breath of the Wild. The reception to their respective predecessors made them open up design wise (and way more than ever before).

Piet

Postby Piet » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:46 am

I think that’s completely correct. :)

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”