Now that the Kickstarter is a huge success, PLEASE add 3DS and Vita versions as goals!

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
TheHeartMan

Re: Now that the Kickstarter is a huge success, PLEASE add 3DS and Vita versions as goals!

Postby TheHeartMan » Fri May 01, 2015 7:14 pm

Frankly I don't think it's worth it in any fashion to try and work the games onto mobile platforms. It's cumbersome, time consuming, and doesn't have a great return potential financially.

Putting their efforts into expanding the current game is more important, to be frank.

That being said, with the current plan to use NPCs from this game to make spin off games, I think it's entirely plausible that post launch we'll see some games geared for portables that take place within the Yooka-Laylee universe.

TheAnvil

Re: Now that the Kickstarter is a huge success, PLEASE add 3DS and Vita versions as goals!

Postby TheAnvil » Fri May 01, 2015 7:17 pm

I'd buy it on Wii U and New 3DS in a heartbeat.
Project Ukelele for Wii U. @MLFoxwell

ottake

Postby ottake » Fri May 01, 2015 7:39 pm

It would be great to see it, but I think the home consoles should be the priority

BeanoMaster

Postby BeanoMaster » Fri May 01, 2015 7:54 pm

3DS would be the only console I could get it on as my PC is really slow.

RikuKH

Postby RikuKH » Fri May 01, 2015 11:15 pm

And what about a 64-bit version for the New 3DS? All they would have to do, is convert all the bones, surfaces, animations and reskin and make a new engine, that wouldn't require much money.

EekumBokum202

Postby EekumBokum202 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:32 pm

...If it WAS released on the 3DS, I'd totally buy it along with a Wii U version, same with Shovel Knight.
ATTENTION PLAYTONIC!
For development "Twoka-Laylee", please watch these:

For everyone else, talk about these videos !

Ryan

Postby Ryan » Fri May 01, 2015 11:40 pm

Old 3DS isn't supported by Unity so this won't happen. But I'd have one more reason to by the New 3DS if it came out for the platform. :)

lavamario

Postby lavamario » Fri May 01, 2015 11:45 pm

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sat May 02, 2015 6:57 am

The problem with a 3DS release is that it is not simple. It's a lot of work; time that could be better spent on getting the main console releases as best as they can be.

I'm against this idea simply for that reason. Too much time and money, but for little reward for most people.
Taylonic Ltd.

EekumBokum202

Postby EekumBokum202 » Sat May 02, 2015 9:10 pm

ATTENTION PLAYTONIC!

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Sat May 02, 2015 9:32 pm

Playtonic could always make a spin-off game similar like Grunty's Revenge was to the Banjo series for the 3DS and Vita. Instead of wasting precious time, and resources in making downgraded ports.

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Sat May 02, 2015 10:07 pm

I already sended a letter to PlayTonic asking them if their next stretch goal would be a port of this game, for the New 3DS, and the Vita. You're welcome. :roll:
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

EekumBokum202

Postby EekumBokum202 » Sat May 02, 2015 10:50 pm

ATTENTION PLAYTONIC!

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Sat May 02, 2015 10:52 pm

"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

Nomonoke

Postby Nomonoke » Sat May 02, 2015 11:44 pm

I would rather one of their next games be a Handheld game then try to get YL onto those.

I want them to focus on making YL the best simultaneous home console experience possible instead of tearing assets apart to fit on a mobile platform...

Alliusis

Postby Alliusis » Sun May 03, 2015 12:07 am

Too much work to put it on a handheld, and it's widely available already across a bunch of consoles.

RikuKH

Postby RikuKH » Sun May 03, 2015 12:42 am

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Sun May 03, 2015 12:52 am

You're assuming everyone on earth is going to buy a console version AND a 3DS version. Not the case.

It doesn't matter what your opinion is. It's abundantly clear you have no conceptualization of how much effort making a game is for even ONE current-gen platform. Dumbing it down to outdated MOBILE platforms would literally require an entire second studio to make an entire "second" game. For the same game they're already releasing.

It would be spending millions of dollars and hundreds of man-months to shove out a game to a TINY market share. How much crossover do you really believe there is? Not many people besides users here are going to buy this game on more than one platform. I bought it on 3 platforms. Most people will choose one and be done. After a point you hit diminished returns when comparing sales to publishing fees by adding additional platforms and honestly they may be at that point already with six+ launch platforms.

This game can not be even a New3DS title without completely rebuilding the game from the ground up for that platform. The 3DS is not powerful enough.
Make the forum great again.

Hype

Postby Hype » Sun May 03, 2015 12:58 am

In all regards, while 3DS would be great, it takes too much time, effort, money, and would most likely be a dumbed down version. I think we should just be happy that we already got it for xbox one, wii U, ps4, pc, linux, and mac
WAH-HEY Master

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”