New stretch goals hinted: fully orchestrated soundtrack and simultaneous, physical release on all platforms

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!

TrenteR

Re: New stretch goals hinted: fully orchestrated soundtrack and simultaneous, physical release on all platforms

Postby TrenteR » Fri May 01, 2015 5:37 pm

Scrubber

Re: New stretch goals hinted: fully orchestrated soundtrack and simultaneous, physical release on all platforms

Postby Scrubber » Fri May 01, 2015 6:49 pm

Brilliant, i'd love a physical copy to keep forever cause modern consoles DO NOT live forever and if a console dies the digital copy dies with it.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Fri May 01, 2015 6:52 pm

I mean, after it's funded the project creators can do anything. Nothing stops you from adding more stretch goals :D those aren't actually guaranteed or anything by Kickstarter. That'll be great. I've already got a digital download, steam copy, and physical PC copy but I don't want to open it (plus my PC doesn't have an optical drive because those are so 2000s) but I'd buy a WiiU disk.
Make the forum great again.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Fri May 15, 2015 7:02 pm

DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

Camouflage

Postby Camouflage » Fri May 15, 2015 7:37 pm

Exactly. That is why I would love a physical release.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Fri May 15, 2015 7:41 pm

Oh yes, a physical Wii U version!

This brings everything back in place!

travisschultz95

Postby travisschultz95 » Fri May 15, 2015 9:12 pm

It's weird that they hinted that, when they've gone out of their way to hint otherwise. I suspect it's an accident or someone misspoke.

selebu

Postby selebu » Fri May 15, 2015 10:46 pm

this looks so good i might just print out a cover and put it on a game i rarely play (if they don't surprise me with an actual physical release)

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Sat May 16, 2015 3:49 pm

That's a nice Yooka-Laylee box art mock-up for a physical version, but I prefer this one more. Since that realistic mountain doesn't fit very well with the concept art:

EekumBokum202

Postby EekumBokum202 » Sun May 17, 2015 3:50 am

A physical release? YES! :D

Not that I wouldn't buy it if it was just downloadable, but there's some kind of prestige to having a physical copy available at retailers and game stores, you know? I get the feeling games would get more recognition if given that level of widespread release... Not that the game's word-of-mouth isn't already doing wonders for Playtonic already!
ATTENTION PLAYTONIC!
For development "Twoka-Laylee", please watch these:

For everyone else, talk about these videos !

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”