Could the worlds be living books???

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Super TNNtendoU!!!

Could the worlds be living books???

Postby Super TNNtendoU!!! » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:16 am

The "Pagies" have been torn out of every one of them by whatever animal or monster the main villain is! The hub world could be a giant underground library where our heroes must jump into each of the books to recover the "Pagies" and expand each book world!!!

When a book world is fully expanded, then you take on the boss of that book!!!

Jellyfunk

Re: Could the worlds be living books???

Postby Jellyfunk » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:18 am

Like Mario 64 paintings? I don't know. As long as they do something new with the concept.

Super TNNtendoU!!!

Postby Super TNNtendoU!!! » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:24 am

Yeah there's a cool animation of our heroes opening each cover and literally flattening into a book mark to be slipped between the pages and enter the world! Then as you appear in the world you regain your shape and venture out to find Pagies and collectibles!

In the jungle world I hope there's plenty of water to swim in since the floating waterfall tumbles to the land below! Beautiful colorful saltwater fish, waving seaweed, anemones, and seashells! Seashells to collect!

BringBackBanjo

Postby BringBackBanjo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:58 am

BringBackBanjo

Postby BringBackBanjo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:12 am

Oh, and the librarian is evil because she wanted to be an author but her ideas were always criticized. So she decided to collect pages from all the books and create the ultimate story using other people's material. Plus, she'd leave the books ruined in the process thus destroying all competition. POOP used his printing technology to "print out" the protagonists from the tropical jungle book before their home was destroyed and bring them to life to save the other worlds.

Super TNNtendoU!!!

Postby Super TNNtendoU!!! » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:02 pm

Yep! That's right! The Hub World would be a big series of library caverns! That's a GRRRReat idea for the final world! Some of the crners of the final world could even be torn and folded over a bit! The characters would be from the outside world which would be like a much bigger Spirall Mountain!

Oh yeah the evil librarian being a plagiarist would be a really cool idea! He or she was so tired of being critiiuzed that he or she was going to have her revenge! By taking the parts of the GRRRReatest books in Bookingham Palace LOL and ripping them up the other authors would be ruined and he or she would take over the world by enslaving the books' inhabitants by slapping pieces of Mind Control Tape on a tear in their bodies!

Maybe the heroes were typed up out of an old fashioned typewriter by a retired author! That along with all of the other good guy characters but the evil ibrarian takes fancy shortcuts to steal ideas with high tech computers! So it's old school vs. the more modern era! NES, SNES, and N64 vs. Microsoft!!!

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:04 pm

This kinda reminds me of Yoshi's Story a bit, if it were and expansive 3D Platformer that is

Interesting theory none-the-less

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

BringBackBanjo

Postby BringBackBanjo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:49 pm

Thanks for the feedback, guys! And LOL at "Bookingham Palace"! I think a librarian would fit perfectly because when you think of one you think of a hunched-over old lady (or at least that's what the stereotype is). Sounds kinda witchy doesn't it? "Stop making all this noise in my library. Shush it or I'll put you in a cemetary!"

Super TNNtendoU!!!

Postby Super TNNtendoU!!! » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:41 am

Sounds GRRRReat to me!!! Yep a librarian witch named Spellda T. Bookingham (an evil, old black cat woman) who knows as a sister to the queen she can become the queen of Bookingham Palace with the "write" hit book to overthrow the current queen! The book will be a fantasy adventure literally ripped from the pages of the other authors called The Legend of Spellda!!! lol.

So our heroes that are created by a retired writer who typed them up on an unknowingly magic typewriter come to life to defeat the evil witch livbrarian and restore the Pagies to the many books of Bookingham Palace!!!

Make Bookingham Palace the hub world that Spellda has invaded and has captured the queen too!!!

John

Postby John » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:25 am

Super TNNtendoU, I love your enthusiasm with the triple exclamation marks and triple question marks :D
Rarewareusedtobegood

Super TNNtendoU!!!

Postby Super TNNtendoU!!! » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:40 am

Hey! Those !!!s and ???s have become my personal trademarks lol. But seriously what else could the Pagies be connected to other than books or music sheets (as another Forum Nember mentioned)?

Prof__Yogert

Postby Prof__Yogert » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:27 am

I already know the ending it's The part that makes your face implode I don't know what makes your face implode But that's the way the movie ends

Gavtonic
Site Admin

Postby Gavtonic » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:57 pm

I'm loving the creativity in this thread!!! (3 exclamation marks intended - it's the "Videogame rule of 3"

Super TNNtendoU!!!

Postby Super TNNtendoU!!! » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:07 pm

Hopefully the Pagies will be golden and sparkly as a nod to Banjo-Kazooie! I don't always put 3 !s or ?s lol. Gavin Price (Gavtonic) is that you? lol.

Pgcrooner

Postby Pgcrooner » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:17 pm

Super TNNtendoU!!!

Postby Super TNNtendoU!!! » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:24 pm

I had thought about Platinum Pagies too! Maybe these can be special, really hard to find Pagies that are used to open up Bonus Book Worlds?

Pgcrooner

Postby Pgcrooner » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:33 pm

Gavtonic
Site Admin

Postby Gavtonic » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:36 pm

Super TNNtendoU!!!

Postby Super TNNtendoU!!! » Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:40 am

Thanks a lot. Great to meet you. Hey, I can be calm sometimes too. lol.

BringBackBanjo

Postby BringBackBanjo » Mon Mar 23, 2015 3:35 am

Yes, I love our ideas becoming more vivid as they bounce off each other and expand! This must be a little taste of how Playtonic feels actually making the game!!! It reminds me why I want to be a game developer some day!

Gavin Price, nice to meet you! It's a huge honor for you to both take the time to look at this forum and take the time to give your input and say hi! :D

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”