Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter successfully funded including all stretch goals...in less than a bloody day!!!

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
GameFreak

Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter successfully funded including all stretch goals...in less than a bloody day!!!

Postby GameFreak » Fri May 01, 2015 10:16 pm

Guys...I am in Awe right now...in less than 40 minutes, the Kickstarter was successfully funded and in just a couple more hours, all Stretch Goals were met. A super duper huge congratulations to the guys at Playtonic Games. You guys truly deserved every bit of money you gained. I also want to thank the amazing fans such as myself, who invested there time and money to make this dream project a reality. Oh my sweet lord. This is amazing. I have never seen a Kickstarter go this well so fast.

If you don't believe this, check it: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pl ... escription They have made a million already!

GameFreak

Re: Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter successfully funded including all stretch goals...in less than a bloody day!!!

Postby GameFreak » Fri May 01, 2015 10:19 pm

My Apologizes. Didnt realize there was a post before me talking about this. Well the more the merrier I suppose then.

davidpro

Re: Yooka-Laylee Kickstarter successfully funded including all stretch goals...in less than a bloody day!!!

Postby davidpro » Fri May 01, 2015 10:22 pm

Isn't the final stretch goal 1000000 pounds ($1513850)?

TheHeartMan

Postby TheHeartMan » Fri May 01, 2015 10:27 pm

Yeah, besides the fact that there's another thread about this, we haven't hit all the stretch goals.

Kickstarter automatically converts the funding into US dollars from British pounds, but the image that shows the stretch goals does not. As such, we've only completed a little more than half of the stretch goals. That being said, we'll probably finish out all of them fairly easily within a week at worst.

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Fri May 01, 2015 10:35 pm

That's weird I still see pounds. I'm in the US.

TheHeartMan

Postby TheHeartMan » Fri May 01, 2015 10:38 pm

TheHeartMan

Postby TheHeartMan » Fri May 01, 2015 10:45 pm

I mean I was personally talking about the actual Kickstarter amount at the top, not the image at the bottom which has the stretch goals. Obviously an image is static. The Kickstarter money count is dynamic tough and does change currency based on... Something (not sure what apparently), and even updates from time to time without having to reload the page.

GameFreak

Postby GameFreak » Fri May 01, 2015 10:47 pm

Good point guys! Apologizes again that I didnt realize that. It says 1,000,000 for me obviously. Not need to worry though of course. I know for a fact that all stretch goals and more will be made in short time. :D

GameFreak

Postby GameFreak » Fri May 01, 2015 11:12 pm

Right now, they are actually at 700,000 in Britain pounds. So close to actually getting 1,000,000 and like I said, I'm sure they will very soon.

vonboy

Postby vonboy » Fri May 01, 2015 11:25 pm

715k! We now have a few different translations confirmed :)

Just 3 more stretch goals left to meet, then they'll have to make some new ones! :D

EekumBokum202

Postby EekumBokum202 » Fri May 01, 2015 11:29 pm

They've made £1,000,000? Because I checked the Kickstarter site, and it's still at £700,000... Which is still impressive, but there are still more Stretch Goals to meet.
ATTENTION PLAYTONIC!
For development "Twoka-Laylee", please watch these:

For everyone else, talk about these videos !

lavamario

Postby lavamario » Sat May 02, 2015 12:03 am

I bet playtonic is overjoyed. Not even a full day has gone by and it's already 420% funded. I was honestly a bit worried that it was only some small cult fanbase that still cared for 3D collectathons, but the internet blew my expectations out of the water.

Silentphoenix

Postby Silentphoenix » Sat May 02, 2015 12:06 am

As an aspiring game developer (or writer, one of the two), I would be crying tears of joy for weeks to come if I were in playtonic's situation currently. I'm really happy for them!

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Sat May 02, 2015 12:08 am

People were bound to snap one day.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Sat May 02, 2015 12:22 am

DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

lavamario

Postby lavamario » Sat May 02, 2015 12:42 am

I'm assuming he's referring to what Chris talked about in the interview. Mainly that modern games usually aren't as colorful as what Rare is best known for. If you were to see a modern exploration-based game, you'd never see anything like googly eyes, which can likely be tracked down to the boom of realistic FPS games.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”