Villain of Yooka-Laylee?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
LucarioOfLegends

Villain of Yooka-Laylee?

Postby LucarioOfLegends » Sun May 03, 2015 4:21 am

This topic has probably been done already, but who do you think the villian will be or will look like?

I imagine he will be a hooded wizard or a necromancer, but it is completely up in the air.

Exaskryz

Re: Villain of Yooka-Laylee?

Postby Exaskryz » Sun May 03, 2015 4:28 am

What is the enemy of a chameleon and a bat?

The only logical answer is a bird.

Birds eat bugs just as chameleons and bats do.

Our antagonist? Kazooie's cousin - Palendag.
Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

xiriusnoodles

Postby xiriusnoodles » Tue May 19, 2015 6:36 pm

I can try guessing the name of the villains, if they happen to be a duo:

Cynthia and Caesar (Synthesizer)

Would fit antagonists that are capable of magic and otherwise unnatural stuff, and synthesizers contrast against the friendly, folksy sound of ukeleles.

On what they would look like, Caesar could be a lanky crocodile with butterfly wings, so we could have some humor at his expense, while providing him the means to be worthy platforming rival to the heroes. Cynthia, on the other hand, could be a mask that creates a body for itself, to get that shaman/Majora vibe.

In that case, I think that having a Villainous Couple dynamic would provide a fresh take on the usual villains in Rare's past works. Caesar could act as an obvious bad guy, while Cynthia would lead the player into trusting her as an ally. Then, at the final confrontation, Cynthia would turn on Yooka and Laylee, and you would fight a villainous duo as the final boss.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Tue May 19, 2015 6:39 pm

The biggest threat to Chameleons?

http://www.ehow.com/info_8249822_enemie ... leons.html

'Us'
Stop picking your nose

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue May 19, 2015 6:45 pm

So it is to be a man (or woman) a wizard, surely wont be a witch. That guy from fantazia looked pretty cruel, maybe something like him.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Tue May 19, 2015 7:06 pm

Make the forum great again.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue May 19, 2015 7:09 pm

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Tue May 19, 2015 7:26 pm

TrenteR

Postby TrenteR » Tue May 19, 2015 7:31 pm

The main problem to get a good guess on the main villain is the story.

In Bk, Tooty was kidnapped by a witch because of appearance. Seems bit similar too Snow-White <.<

Anyway, why should Yooka and Laylee will go on this huge quest and collect many pagies, to defeat the main villain?

My guess is a giant Toucan or other bird thing that destroyed Yooka and Laylee's house. So they want revenge and claim his house!

xiriusnoodles

Postby xiriusnoodles » Tue May 19, 2015 7:33 pm

Come to think of it, the mask villain I discussed could have been a living breathing shaman once, and after an accident, she got stuck in that mask form. That crocodile-butterfly hybrid may be the result of one of her previous rituals, and their relationship would be characterized as an admiring fan trying to appease an uncomfortable celebrity.

Could also lead to some great banter between the two, and would also lead to interesting character development, if the mask shaman grew to be more open to her creation's desire for friendship, or if her creation grew disillusioned by constant rejection.

xiriusnoodles

Postby xiriusnoodles » Tue May 19, 2015 7:46 pm

MazLad

Postby MazLad » Tue May 19, 2015 8:13 pm

I'll take a stab at this too:
Maybe a human character who's intent on re-developing Yooka-Laylee's land, turning into flats and opening up a few branches of Weatherspoons, Costa Coffee etc. A suited and booted typical 'bad egg' would be a different twist and could have some redeeming features, such as being a wonderful poet.
"Shanley, do you think Donkey Kong Country revolutionised gaming?"
"Yeah mate, I think it probably did"

selebu

Postby selebu » Tue May 19, 2015 8:25 pm

I actually hope we don't see any humans in this game. Not as villains or anything else.

I really like the Cynthia & Ceasar idea. Good thinking on that one. Except maybe not a crocodile with butterfly wings.

xiriusnoodles

Postby xiriusnoodles » Tue May 19, 2015 8:39 pm

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Tue May 19, 2015 8:45 pm

Yooka is a reptile and Laylee is a mammal, so maybe the villain will be a fish, amphibian or bird?

A toad? Toads tend to get a bad rap in fairy tales; prince's always get turned into toads. Maybe a big toad wizard wants to cast a spell that will turn a prince into a toad and turn the villain into a prince? Sounds good in theory, but it's admittedly very similar to Banjo-Kazooie's beauty plot.
Taylonic Ltd.

selebu

Postby selebu » Tue May 19, 2015 8:58 pm

I'm not sure, I just have trouble imagining it.
Maybe it could have bat wings, and in fact, is Laylees father, who was fused with the original servant of the shaman. Laylees father could struggle to take over the servants conciousness for a few seconds, during which he would talk to Laylee.

However, that would not work well with your vision of the shaman/mask acting to be your friend and the croc to be the original bad guy.

xiriusnoodles

Postby xiriusnoodles » Tue May 19, 2015 9:05 pm

xiriusnoodles

Postby xiriusnoodles » Tue May 19, 2015 9:16 pm

Last edited by xiriusnoodles on Tue May 19, 2015 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Tue May 19, 2015 9:35 pm

Well if B-k was snow white maybe y-l could take from a different fairy tail, but which one...

TheMasterDS

Postby TheMasterDS » Tue May 19, 2015 11:29 pm

I want a blue skinned miner moleman lord. Something of Andrew Ryan by way of Underdigger. Fancies him/herself a philosopher.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”