Future of Platforming?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Epic Elliot

Future of Platforming?

Postby Epic Elliot » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:09 am

Project Ukulele is going to be a starting point of an entire "marvel universe" of characters with future game potential & i'd love to discuss the possible future because its not to early as they are clearly a company with there sights set on a expanding universe of games & potential future IPs to put under there belt!

1st things 1st DIDDY KONG RACING SPIRITUAL SUCCESSER! if they want to do this whole "marvel universe" thing then theres no way for them not to do this, especially with DKR spawning the beloved banjo kazooie IP & even the more mature & controversial conker IP. It may not be a platformer but is DEFINITELY a MUST in my opinion! :mrgreen:

as for platformers & collectionathons are they guna limit themselves to just 3D or 2D as well?

as for 3D i would love to see some original idea but at the same time i would love to see spiritual successers to dead forgotten fun franchises such as the original spyro & crash bandicoot before activision sucked them dry (& skylanders don't count as "spyro" heck his name isn't even in the title anymore! they just slaped him on the game for brand recognition in hopes to sell) & i would LOVE as spiritual sequel to DK64! yes i actually liked that game! surprised so many people didn't it was a great game & with nintendo not rerelease or remaking or a sequel to it i feel there is a void for that game & i think they could do a good spiritual successer to it & fix what people didn't like about the original.

as for 2D games IDK if there even guna go in that direction in the future

so? what are your ideas guys?

Taylor

Re: Future of Platforming?

Postby Taylor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:19 am

Taylonic Ltd.

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:28 am

OH i agree on the rise of 3D platformers HECK my most anticipated game is a hat in time! :D

& yes i know i have played nearly all those games & still own them! :D they just said there focus is platformers right now & i was wondering if that would include 2D ones as well?

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:32 am

Taylonic Ltd.

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:37 am

oh ok must of confused what they said in response to a question in there conference video was it?

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:51 am

"The spiritual successor -- or simply Game 01, as it's called internally -- is described as Playtonic's 'first objective', after which its ambition is to tackle new genres, but only if its brainstorms lead there naturally." ~ EDGE Magazine

I really think it's all just an organic process. There are no plans set in stone; they will make whatever feels right at the time. I suspect they will turn to their fans and see what the most requested genre is.
Taylonic Ltd.

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:13 pm

Hmmm makes sense well if thats the case i definitely see a next "DKR" in the future with each character pick for a specific genres in mind that they wish to tackle seams like the next best logical step IMO opinion especially because i could only name one game even remotely like DKR & that was the crash racing game (& maybe sonic racing transformed (still mad banjo wasn't in the xbox version of that game :/ & that diddy wasn't in the wiiu version but thats just wishful thinking)(*gasp* maybe if they DO do a DKR like game banjo can be there exclusive xbox character! i mean he was in S&SASR & battle toads are guna be in shovel knight! thats it! it will all come full circle! & the microsoft will see that banjo like games have a future! lol XD (i hope Playtonic get filthy rich enuff to just buy back banjo :/ )) ) wow! i want off on a tangent :P

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”