Tooka-Laylee Revel in End Credits

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
psych151

Tooka-Laylee Revel in End Credits

Postby psych151 » Sun May 03, 2015 6:20 pm

We all remember how awesome it was when Mumbo came out during the end credits of Banjo-Kazooie and revealed Banjo-Tooie and the stop n' swop, and personally, I'm hoping they do the same thing here. I know that a lot people have already posted that they hope a stop n' swop like mechanic is being planned for this game, and to me that seems likely, but I'm hoping it goes even further.

I've got my fingers crossed that the design team is already working out what mechanics ought to be saved for the sequel, and that we'll see a Tooka-Laylee revel in the end credits for Yooka-Laylee.

I don't know if anybody else disagrees or hopes that their next game is something else, something more like Goldeneye or what-have-you, but I would for a sequel to ready be in mind.

Exaskryz

Re: Tooka-Laylee Revel in End Credits

Postby Exaskryz » Sun May 03, 2015 6:32 pm

Tooka-Laylee sounds like a good name honestly. Then the threequel can be Yooka-Laythree.

I do hope they can have that surprise for us. It would be a glorious hype train. Though, I think it would be better saved as an announcement in another game. Imagine they do a Diddy Kong Racing game and after you beat the final boss, YL's Mumbo is an unlocked racer and delivers the message about Tooka-Laylee.
Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

BetterThanYou

Postby BetterThanYou » Sun May 03, 2015 6:55 pm

except they said different heroes would be in the next game, so...

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Sun May 03, 2015 6:56 pm

The heroes in the next game will have a cameo in this game. Have fun trying to figure who it will be.

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Sun May 03, 2015 7:26 pm

I'm all in favor of a "Tooka-Laylee" reveal in the ending cutscene of Yooka-Laylee.

Captain_Glen

Postby Captain_Glen » Mon May 04, 2015 3:44 am

I hope Playtonics next game is a Cart Racer like Diddy Kong Racing. That was one of my all time favorite Rareware games. I liked it way better than Mario Kart 64. A Cart Racer would be a good opportunity to introduce all the Playtonic characters and gauge customer enthusiasm for which characters should be first to get their own game.

travisschultz95

Postby travisschultz95 » Mon May 04, 2015 3:46 am

I imagine they'd eventually do a sequel (maybe with some other games in bewteen).

After seeing this though there's no way it can be called anything other than "Twooka Laylee."

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Mon May 04, 2015 3:49 am

Yooka-Toolee

Kinoyo

Postby Kinoyo » Mon May 04, 2015 4:10 am

We're already talking about a name for a sequel when development for the first game is so young...

Count me IN :mrgreen:

This time we can get a real third game, damnit.

Fuzzy

Postby Fuzzy » Mon May 04, 2015 4:14 am

Tooka-Laylee?
Did some of you really not catch the pun? ;)
hint: it's the reason the 'third' part was called 'threeie' :lol:

So probably more something like Yooka-Tooka (oh god that sounds horrible)

Edit:
wait scratch that.. could work. :D
Last edited by Fuzzy on Mon May 04, 2015 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

travisschultz95

Postby travisschultz95 » Mon May 04, 2015 4:15 am

Rhetoric law says that rhymes beat logic.

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Mon May 04, 2015 5:06 am

Yooka-Toolee rolls off the tongue better.

It's like You Too!

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon May 04, 2015 5:28 am

1. Yooka-Laylee
2. Tooka-Laylee
3. Yooka-Laythree

:lol:

I think a reveal at the end, or at least a hint somewhere in the game is needed, but I'm not so sure it should be to a "Tooka-Layle"; maybe a reference to the next Playtonic game would be better, regardless of what it is, as we know Yooka and Laylee will feature in the game from what Playtonic have told us about their interconnecting universe.

E.g. if a kart racing mini-game features in Yooka-Laylee (as one of the 8 mini-games), whichever character you race in the actual levels could, upon being beaten, mention that they're off to practice and will be back for more races in the future.

Or perhaps both references could be made:

Antagonist: "Just you wait until Tooka-Laylee!"
Character #2: "Actually we're all feeling like a bit of racing..."

(Dialogue is not my strong point, heh!)
Taylonic Ltd.

travisschultz95

Postby travisschultz95 » Mon May 04, 2015 2:26 pm

^ That would be great.

Or maybe lampshading/fourth wall breaking?

"Just wait until Twooka Laylee!"
"As long as they don't sell us...."

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Mon May 04, 2015 2:36 pm

Vile Bile

Postby Vile Bile » Mon May 04, 2015 3:24 pm

Surely a form of Stop-n-Swop is now possible too.

Even in different ways; Load up Yooka Laylee, scan an Amiibo at one point, load up Tooka Laylee, re-scan the same Amiibo and somthing carries over.

Other platforms could have somthing similar though not quite as "magical" in concept.
I did not know what to write here, so I wrote this.

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Mon May 04, 2015 5:00 pm

be cool if to stop stretch goals & over bloat of budget to raise money for a "sequel" like tooka-laylee but instead of another just yooka-laylee game we get a game with other playable characters as well to really expand on the platforming similar to DK64 maybe but not as tedious as having each character collected there own color items but each characters can have there own set of skill to tackle the same challenges but in a different way & could really expand the co-op?! maybe a game capable of 4 player co-op? OR! a diddy kong racing spiritual successer! Tooka-Laylee: Tooka & Laylee Racing! can use there newly established characters to race along side there friends who can eventually branch off into there own games!

IDK just some ideas :D

AJC0MICS

Postby AJC0MICS » Mon May 04, 2015 5:22 pm

"Tooka-Laylee" is actually a very fitting and creative name. But I'm not sure if this name would be the best choice for a sequel, since "Yooka" and "Tooka" sound TOO similar.

"Banjo-Kazooie" and "Banjo-Tooie" sounded similar as well (kind of), but you could easily hear (and see) the difference. The only difference between "Yooka" and "Tooka" is one letter, and the "Y" and the "T" look similar as well. Nearly no difference would be seen in the logos of "Yooka-Laylee" and "Tooka-Laylee".

I really like the idea of using this name, but I guess it won't be used!

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Mon May 04, 2015 6:06 pm

Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Mon May 04, 2015 6:41 pm

sorry about the run on :P

Hmmm but didn't they release DKR before the other characters actually got there games to use diddy to introduced us to them, then for them to make there own games like banjo & conker got? & even timbers game was being worked on!

could do the same with yooka-laylee to use them to introduced us to the other characters otherwise it will be a racer with characters we already know & wouldn't help us be introduced to them right?

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”