chris houlihan room?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Epic Elliot

chris houlihan room?

Postby Epic Elliot » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:51 am

i keep see people talking about kick starter rewards & well remember the chris houlihan room in a link to the past? well maybe they can do something like this for the backers? & hide a few SUPER SECRET HIDDEN rooms to find there name or portrait like in shovel knight or just one hidden room with everything in it! it be the perfect kind of secret for a BK inspired game especially how we all loved secrets & hidden extras in the original two BK games heck maybe they can make it the most hidden difficult to find secret in gaming history! lol IDK? just an idea :D

Taylor

Re: chris houlihan room?

Postby Taylor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:53 am

I would rather the Kickstarter rewards not interfere with the actual game itself. The only exception I'd make is if someone wanted to donate a lot of money, which would make the game better overall.
Taylonic Ltd.

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:59 am

yeah of course it be for huge donations not just anyone & the chris houlihan room was & still is remember as a fun nice easter egg even to this day & doesn't interfere with the game at all really in fact it adds to by adding an extra fun little thing for us to find & who doesn't like secret? remember how obsessively people when nuts over stop n swap? it just a fun incentive to get the donations needed to help make the game

polomi

Postby polomi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:04 pm

I agree with Taylor, I'd rather not see any alterations to the game simply for fan service. I actually think it does interefere with the game, because there would be a whole room that's just there for the sake of a few backers, it's stuff that doesn't belong to the Ukulele universe, it belongs to the real world.

However, I think that there is a neat way of incorporating the backers in the game without changing anything to it.

Given that it's Playtonic, there'll probably be cheats in the game. I don't know how we will be able to input the cheats, but imagine if there's a room like the sand castle in Banjo-Kazooie where we can input letters for cheat codes. Why not make a sound like if we input the name of a backer in this room?

That's not intrusive as it basically leaves the game unchanged. Nobody but the backer himself would know his name and would ever think of trying to input it, so it would not interfere with the experience of other players. And the room would serve a purpose other than just fan service, since it would also be used for cheats.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:09 pm

I think having your name in the credits is a non-intrusive way that could inspire more people to donate. I'd be shocked if this doesn't turn out to be a Kickstarter reward.
Taylonic Ltd.

siggeplump

Postby siggeplump » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:36 pm

I don't mind content within the game that references fans and contributors if it is done with subtlety and class. Didn't know Kurt Zisa in Kingdom Hearts was named after a fan until I read up on the history of a "name in game" contest surrounding the game.

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:54 pm

really thats cool! see simple things like cant hurt maybe you can find graffiti on the wall in the game where it says jon doe was hear & things like that or say your in someone house in the game & you look at say a box of food & it can say jon doe candy bars XD so putting backers name in creative ways like this may be fun! XD

Alph

Postby Alph » Tue Mar 17, 2015 7:49 pm

I think a secret room with the names of high-paying backers would be cool, so long as the room has other nice details to it and a logical reason for why there are names everywhere, and so long as everyone is able to access the room regardless of whether or not they are a backer.

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:19 pm

yeah something like that would be cool :D

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:37 pm

Make the forum great again.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”