Arcademode

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
lupaie

Arcademode

Postby lupaie » Sat May 09, 2015 7:03 am

I'd love an arcade mode:
You start a the levels in a liniair approach. The level starts with only 59 seconds to go. You can add extra time by defeating enemies and collecting notes. When the level starts you get a mission. These are the mission you'd normally would do to collect the 10 jiggies.

Per mission you get extra time, depending on the complexity this can be 30 to 60 seconds. When a mission is finished you get the next.

Whenever the time is over it is game over

DarkTone

Re: Arcademode

Postby DarkTone » Sat May 09, 2015 10:20 am

So it's like Mario 3D world, when you NEED to collect clocks. If so, sounds good.

Camouflage

Postby Camouflage » Mon May 11, 2015 6:10 am

Personally, I really dislike arcade modes, time trials, and other forms of retrofitting arbitrary time limits into a game. It doesn't match my playstyle at all and brings me more anxiety than entertainment. Granted, that's purely personal and subjective. I suppose I might tinker with it a few times so long as it is optional.

Scrubber

Postby Scrubber » Mon May 11, 2015 7:17 am

GildasMagnus

Postby GildasMagnus » Mon May 11, 2015 11:21 am

As an optional mode, perhaps unlocked after completing the game, I think it could work. I wouldn't want it as a compulsory ruleset for a stage, and I'd rather they treat it as more of an afterthought, but it could work.
Came to save my sister, stayed for the quiz show.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”