Minigames

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Lupo

Minigames

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:15 pm

Hey hey,

Not sure if it was mentioned, but another thing I loved were the mini games and bonus barrels from BK, BT and DK64. We definitely need to see the return of these as most acted like a refreshing break from the main objectives... but please please please, for the love of everything living on this planet, DO NOT RESURRECT THE TORTURE THT WAS KRZY KONG KLAMOUR!!!

What do you think?
Leon

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

Taylor

Re: Minigames

Postby Taylor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:23 pm

For sure. One thing I liked about the Banjo games was that there were 'mini-games' and 'bosses' scattered throughout the levels themselves. Mr Vile, The wasps in Click Clock Wood, Canary Mary etc. -- I'm sure things like this is certain to make a return. A specific mini-game mode/multiplayer mode, similar to what's seen in Tooie, might be a cool addition, but it should be a last minute addition once the main game is fantastic in its own right.
Taylonic Ltd.

Lazicful

Postby Lazicful » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:44 pm

Ah, yes! Great suggestion!
Minigames have always been my favorite part in games like Mario Party and Warioware. They make the gameplay fresh and exciting, and some of them are just bloody exciting!
Blimey!
I especially love when they introduce minigames before making you have to use the minigame skills in the epic boss fights! Like they didn't do in Spyro 3. Spyro 3 had way too many playstyles. Don't get me wrong, I understand what they were trying to do. But they went overboard! Some characters weren't fun to play as at all. Kind of like Crash 3, actually! Not only did the devs suffer the same fate, but the games had the same flaws as well. Crash 3 had WAY too many vehicles! And the Relics, don't get me started on the Relics!
For starters, you had to run really fast! And the underwater sections made running impossible. Ah, the post traumatic stress is killing me. Please don't have too many vehicles/characters in Project Ukulele! :cry: Bloody hell, mate! I say! Luv!
My favorite line from V from Vendetta is: "Behind this mask there's not just flesh and bones and brains, but there's also another bulletproof mask, and bulletproof masks are bulletproof."

polomi

Postby polomi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:58 pm

Lazicful

Postby Lazicful » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:00 pm

My favorite line from V from Vendetta is: "Behind this mask there's not just flesh and bones and brains, but there's also another bulletproof mask, and bulletproof masks are bulletproof."

polomi

Postby polomi » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:06 pm

Lazicful

Postby Lazicful » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:14 pm

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:16 pm

Lazicful

Postby Lazicful » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:18 pm

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:20 pm

Lazicful

Postby Lazicful » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:23 pm

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:26 pm

Lazicful

Postby Lazicful » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:29 pm

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:31 pm

Solberry4U

Postby Solberry4U » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:46 pm

Having a quiz game near the end would be a nice touch. It's a nice recap. I would also like if the minigames would have a multi-player mode. A lot of those minigames in banjo-tooie were very fun. Not Cary Mary in Cloud Cuckooland.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:51 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

Phineas Q. Phailboat

Postby Phineas Q. Phailboat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:51 pm

Mr. Vile was one of the best. Some good old fashioned Mary Canary button mashing would be cool too.

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:11 am

So long as the minigames are fun, and not tedious. Then yes, I would like having minigames in Project Ukulele.

GildasMagnus

Postby GildasMagnus » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:19 pm

There should unquestionably be many minigames, and definitely a quiz near the.end. I was always a fan of the image-matching puzzles or the spelling ones, but personally found the timed FPS sections of Tooie rather grating. Canary Mary was both a horrible wretch and also a fun challenge - having at least one truly difficult section in the game made getting the Jiggy feel more rewarding.
Came to save my sister, stayed for the quiz show.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”