List 'o Ideas

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Lupo

Re: Suggestion Reference List

Postby Lupo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:21 pm

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 12:49 pm

With three musicians on the team, I'd be surprised if Playtonic doesn't use that to their full advantage. I can easily see music-related rewards on the Kickstarter (whether it's similar to my unlockable music suggestion or not)!
Taylonic Ltd.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:23 pm

Just did a big update on the list, 8 new threads were added :D

I have to say, some of these ideas are really awesome and I hope we get to see Playtonic use them, keep up the awesome work :)

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

Alph

Postby Alph » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:10 pm

This was a great idea for a thread, Lupo. Makes it really easy to find these topics.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:14 pm

Alph

Postby Alph » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:36 pm

Yeah the fact that it got pinned was definitely a good thing.

Tidus1117

Postby Tidus1117 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:53 pm

I recently made a topic
that suggest Playtonic to make Official Polls to get answers from the Fans before the Kickstarter Event.
I think its a great Idea and its more organized than people just posting randomly on Twitter and facebook. And its easier to track than reading thousands of post in this forum.( I do think this sticky is reallly helpful)
Maybe you can add my topic: Official Poll Ideas before Kickstarter: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=175

Thanks!

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:41 pm

PandaBear

Postby PandaBear » Tue Mar 17, 2015 12:35 am

Open ended puzzles that don't require future moves to solve, but are genuinely thought provoking. Essentially like stumbling across a "jiggy" that's out in the open, but you just can't quite get it without figuring out the right method(s). Except that this wouldn't be something as simple as, 'you get move A in world X and backtrack to now easily get your reward'.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:54 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:39 pm

Just edited it again... I hope my fish and chips aren't cold x3

Adam

Postby Adam » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:28 am

For the Playtonic website I think that there should be a tab that links to "forums" just like there are tabs for "news", "contact", "team", ect. That way more people could find out about and join the forums, seeing as they are kind of hard to find now...

For the actual game I would really like to see a homage of some sorts to Stop 'n' Swop. Those eggs and that key were some of my favorite aspects of the Banjo games. They gave the games a mystical and fun vibe that I have never seen in another game since. Maybe there could be items you collect in the various games of the Playtonic "Multiverse" that eventually culminate in some big event in a future Avengers style game. Or the items could be extremely hard to find, taking the efforts of many fans over many years to find; that would be really awesome. Either way, I think Stop 'n' Swop-like items would really put this game over the top.

Also, make sure there is no voice acting, just mumbling. I love the mumbling.
Last edited by Adam on Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:42 am

Nightpaws

Postby Nightpaws » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:30 am

A wuff is a wuff you can wuff

EekumBokum202

Postby EekumBokum202 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:59 am

This is really handy, I'll be sure to check this list before I suggest something...
ATTENTION PLAYTONIC!
For development "Twoka-Laylee", please watch these:

For everyone else, talk about these videos !

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:08 pm

Added ten new ideas to the list, keep 'em coming :)

siggeplump

Postby siggeplump » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:32 pm

I'm fairly certain Grant Kirkhope used a few stock sound effects in the Banjo-Kazooie series, i.e. pre-recorded material that you purchase in bundles. It was definitely used in Starfox Adventures and I can't see why it wasn't used in other games. If you listen to the end of Sabrewulf's theme "Tooth and Claw" on the Killer Cuts CD you can clearly hear a laughter similar to Gruntilda's on the disc even though Killer Instinct was made long before Gruntilda was even conceptualized as a character.

So, my suggestion is this; Use a few stock sound effects from Banjo-Kazooie in Project Ukulele. ESPECIALLY if they were used for voices. What's good about these stock sound effects is that they're available for anyone with a license to use them, so they would most likely not put Playtonic in any legal trouble if they happened to sound exactly like something from Rare. My point is that if a character like Loggo was used with stock sound effects for instance, they could still use his samples and just write a line of dialogue about him being in a witch's lair once but had to move out of the country and change identity. He could look different, but he'd sound the same and we'd instantly know it was Loggo. Just a theory that opens up for opportunities for cameos.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:51 pm

I'm pretty sure Rare did not use pre-existing sound effects for things like voices. I'm unsure if the bird noises etc. that grant uses in his tunes were recorded by him or not, but the Grunty voice for example was definitely voiced by Chris Seavor. Banjo and Kazooie (and others) were voiced by Chris Sutherland.

Basically, if your name is Chris you can make funny voices.
Taylonic Ltd.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Fri Mar 20, 2015 7:49 pm

Just updated the list for today :)

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:33 am

New idea for to be added to the list: Main Henchwoman: Tying Project Ukulele to Banjo's universe viewtopic.php?f=4&t=298. Also, it's not screen!

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”