A Level like (Lord Jub Jub from Zelda)

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Kitnip

A Level like (Lord Jub Jub from Zelda)

Postby Kitnip » Sat May 16, 2015 1:28 pm

I loved the level from Banjo Kazooie (clanker's cavern). When i first entered that level and saw Clanker for the first time i was freaked out and wondered if this was a boss battle. After realising i found out i can wonder around as well and go inside the shake. It added a new way of level design and exploration within the level.

Also from Banjo Tooie, not so much as a whole level around this topic but there were parts within the game that made it exiting to explore and discover interesting creatures who were far bigger then the heroes.
A level called Jolly Roger's Lagoon was fun to go save one of the characters inside a large fish. It was like a little level within a level which brawdend the perspective of exploring.
The level Terrydactyland had me surprised when i first came across Chompasaurus. Again thinking it's a mini boss and then suddenly seeing our heroes eaten…though it was game over, but turned out to be a interesting Mini game...and finding out Chompasaurus is not such a bad guy after all ^^

I was thinking it maybe a nice idea to add a level in Yooka - Laylee where you explore inside a monster like (lord Jub Jub for Zelda)

What do you guys think?

chameleojack

Re: A Level like (Lord Jub Jub from Zelda)

Postby chameleojack » Sat May 16, 2015 8:48 pm

I think you need an English tutor, but those are all things we'd like to see continued. There's no reason we should expect they wouldn't be.

travisschultz95

Postby travisschultz95 » Sun May 17, 2015 2:52 am

Jub Jub?
Get that Neopet propaganda out of here.!

croissant

Postby croissant » Sun May 17, 2015 8:36 am

I had no issues with Clanker in Banjo-Kazooie, but Jabu Jabu freaked me the hell out as a kid. Animated flesh walls, living tissues, nasty tentacles... As long as they stay away from that. Then again, Clanker was mostly a mechanical creature, which, in my view, did add a fair bit of charm to him (aside from being friendly). ;)

Unexpected

Postby Unexpected » Sun May 17, 2015 10:24 am

Levels like that are interesting, yeah. Maybe a giant creature to explore could be one of the ways one of the levels expand!

Lugbzurg

Postby Lugbzurg » Sun May 24, 2015 6:13 am

Earthworm Jim had a level like this initially exclusive to the Genesis version called "Intestinal Distress". (Not certain if it's in the HD or PC releases.) I think it had poo balls. It gets especially weird in a game called "Super Bonk". When inside some monster for an entire stage, some of the enemies are his own literal personal demons! These kinds of levels have always been fun.

wwwarea

Postby wwwarea » Tue May 26, 2015 10:37 am

I think it would be interesting. The idea of going inside a body seems interesting for me for some reason. Haha

I'm not so sure if it should be a whole level though because I don't know if I'm used to it that way with only the possibility of only having little amounts of levels in the game, but I would love to see one appear somewhere in a level, like Clanker. Maybe bigger than that!

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”