E3 - Speculation & Anticipation thread!

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Rueckkoppler

E3 - Speculation & Anticipation thread!

Postby Rueckkoppler » Fri May 22, 2015 1:19 pm

Scrubber

Re: E3 - Speculation & Anticipation thread!

Postby Scrubber » Fri May 22, 2015 3:32 pm

Interesting...

Xellos

Postby Xellos » Fri May 22, 2015 4:26 pm

My prediction for E3 2015 Yooka-Laylee info is that the main villain, and the plot of Yooka-Laylee, will be revealed. And more concept art of characters/worlds.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:23 pm

Stop picking your nose

DarkTone

Postby DarkTone » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:50 pm

Huh. Will reserve judgement. Hasn't been a good E3 in years.

selebu

Postby selebu » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:09 pm

As far as Playtonic, I think they will reveal the main villain on the first day of E3 (or maybe a day early).
I think that will be the big bang for the end of the campaign.

As I am not that big of a gamer nowadays, the only thing I am really interested from E3 is the possible announcement of new Smash Bros. DLC characters (which will probably happen on the 14th though, IF it happens) and information on Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon (european release?) and a new Pokemon main game.
Yeah my gaming is really limited on Smash Bros., Pokemon and the odd RPG here and there.

Chrysalis_Blossom

Postby Chrysalis_Blossom » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:37 pm

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:42 pm

This E3 is shaping up to be absolutely insane. Like, the best in many, many, many years. I'm as cynical as they come and even I'm very excited overall. I honestly can't believe the negativity haha

Fallout 4
New Gears of War Title (though I don't have an XBO yet...)
Harvest Moon: Seeds of Memories
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
New Need For Speed spirited after Underground
Star Fox Wii U
Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
XCOM 2
No Man's Sky
Final Fantasy 15
Kingdom Hearts 3
Whatever Nintendo does with their Nintendo Direct
The Last Guardian finally

And strong rumors about Banjo Threeie (regardless RARE has a big announcement), Paper Mario U (Intelligent Systems is making a game, rumors, etc), and maybe Animal Crossing U.

How could you not be excited for this E3? It's insane and hasn't even happened yet and could potentially have what I would consider the biggest gaming announcements of my lifetime.

Just excited to see what happens, and I'm open to all possible outcomes good or otherwise.
Last edited by dotEXE on Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Make the forum great again.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:45 pm

Stop picking your nose

Chrysalis_Blossom

Postby Chrysalis_Blossom » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:21 pm

According to certain rumors Rare will announce multiple games; one would be a new IP, but no idea about the others. My bet is Banjo or Viva Piñata (if not both, which would be enough for me to buy an Xbox One). They're the most likely options, considering Conker's in Project Spark, Perfect Dark was ruled out by Ken Lobb and any other IP is not famous enough to be successful.
Perhaps Battletoads Remastered by a third party company with a 2016 release, due to Ken Lobb saying there won't be a new Battletoads game coming out this year.

Latikos

Postby Latikos » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:45 pm

Maybe we'll see the playtonic team on Microsoft and/or Sony live conferences to present their game.
And since Nintendo is doing their Treehouse Live@E3 maybe we'll see them there as well (after all, they did say this year they wanted to interview more Indie studios).

As for the big companies (I'll just put spoilers for things that were already confirmed) I mainly follow Nintendo so here's my pick... (some of them have been discussed before)

Let's get this one out of the way :

Paper Mario Wii U : I don't have many things to add from what has been said before though I hope it will be more like the first two entries (Super Paper Mario had a good story but not the best gameplay and Sticker Star... Yeah, I won't even talk about it).

Zelda Wii U : Though Nintendo said there wouldn't be any Zelda at E3 I think they'll still give us some sugar.

Starfox Wii U is a certainty, Devil Third, maybe Metroid, Animal Crossing U and a new Mario sport game.

My wacky predictions now : A 3D platformer with Duck Hunt Duo :lol:

As for Rare... Well if it's a new Banjo Kazooie that may convince me to consider buying a Xbox One

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:01 pm

Okay, I actually intended this thread to have speculations on what Yooka-Laylee-related stuff we might see, but let's talk about everything now :mrgreen:

My speculations would circle all around Nintendo. What I hope / think we'll see at the Digital Event:

- Smash Bros.: DLC stages & characters (first ballot results, anyone?)
- Mario Kart 8: DLC as well, but this time with characters of Link's tier (Kirby anyone?)
- Splatoon: DLC stages (okay, I'm being captain obious now :lol:), but maybe Piazza Delfino?
- Diddy Kong Racing 2: Nintendo registered Diddy Kong as a trademark, he is not in Mario Kart 8 and there is this by developer Kevin Callahan
- NO Zelda: as mentioned before, don't want to get my hopes up
- Star Fox: Since it will come this year & Nintendo needs its big holiday title - better make it a blast!
- A "real" 3D-Mario title for Wii U: Yes, I called it. I don't consider Super Mario 3D World a real 3D-Mario title, although its a great game. Still, I'm missing the great adventure. I'm missing over-/hub-worlds. I don't want to believe that we're supposedly stuck with 3D World only... the Wii U should at least get a beautiful Mario Galaxy 3, if not a true successor to Mario 64!
- Devil's Third: Since its coming in August, we might get some footage to show why Wii U owners shouldn't miss out on that game (I'm slightly interested right now, maybe they'll change that?)

Oh, and by the way: Taylor, mind moving this thread over to Community Discussion?

Gehlwaz

Postby Gehlwaz » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:01 am

Hey! Talking about speculation... somehow Hyrule Warriors for 3DS trailer just leaked on the net... and... it looks awesome! It is a great game to be portable and it has some kind of connectivity with the Wii U version. I really hope to see some more features and maybe a release date for No Man's Sky. That game... is the only reason why I haven't sold my PS4 yet.

Latikos

Postby Latikos » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:57 am

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:04 am

Did somebody say Hyrule Warriors 3D?
"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:36 pm

I just saw a schedule confirming there are 16 major titles that are still unannounced (even with all the Pre-E3 announcements we've had) and an additional 5 unannounced Nintendo titles to be shown at E3. And of course, 2 of the 16 titles are RARE titles. This is going to be a great year.
Make the forum great again.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:03 pm

Blue

Postby Blue » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:13 pm

I've been trying to keep my E3 expectations at a slightly below hyped level, but, with all these pre-E3 reveals, I-I don't know if I can anymore.
If it's getting good now, how good will it be at E3?

Playtonic, Sony, Nintendo, and even Microsoft make me wanna board the Hype Train to Hypeville, dammit.
"Hands off my bread."

rocho

Postby rocho » Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:31 am

I hope ANY ANYYYY of the major companies (Nintendo, Microsoft or Sony) give a BIG SHOUT OUT to Yooka-Laylee as they can really use the spotlight to get more money on the kickstarter.

I think we will have support on the Microsoft/Rare IP announcement, as PlaytonicGames have been very polite when they reference the title.

As for Nintendo and Sony, they have been showing a lot of indie support lately so I think it is a must show title for them.

And finally I hope, really hope, Nintendo to do a Treehouse event with the Playtonic team and I don't know... maybe MR. SHIGUERU MIYAMOTO appearing as a guest on it just dropping by to say hello to the team :shock: one can only dream... but hey if they do it OMG I will be ecstatic!

Chrysalis_Blossom

Postby Chrysalis_Blossom » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:30 am

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”