Split-up Multiplayer? (Co-op)

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Taylor

Re: Split-up Multiplayer?

Postby Taylor » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:26 am

I'm not entirely sure how the idea would work myself. I tend to think of something and make a thread without planning it all the way through -- I just like to see a general consensus. Co-op is definitely something that interests me though. It may not be split-up. Perhaps something more similar to the scrapped Bottles' Revenge feature from Tooie would work easier. Who knows... :roll:
Taylonic Ltd.

GrayMagicΓ

Postby GrayMagicΓ » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:34 am

I'm surprised nobody brought up Devil Bottles. For those that don't know, there's a fully functional co-op mode in Banjo Tooie that was dummied out and made unobtainable. It's easily restorable with gameshark codes and allows player 2 to assume the role of Devil Bottles, who can control enemies. They can either hold them in place and make them kill themselves a la what player 2 can do in Super Mario Galaxy, or as a twist they can be used to try and kill player 1. This wouldn't require levels to be built around two players, and no special co op levels would have to be made.
DLC? UGANDA WILL NOT HAVE THIS SICKNESS!

ashthedragon

Co-Op gameplay

Postby ashthedragon » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:49 pm

You know what could be a really interesting addition to the game? Co-Op gameplay. Playing as the duo is cool, but I think it could really be interesting if you could also play along with a friend and control one of the dudes-dudettes while the other one controls the other one. It's something not very used at platforms games but that really fits this sort of games.

What do you think?

GildasMagnus

Re: Co-Op gameplay

Postby GildasMagnus » Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:52 pm

I'd quite like to see it, but perhaps not in the main game, as it's difficult to not exclude one set of players - Either player 2 feels useless or those playing alone feel cheated of the experience. Definitely an option in minigames though.
Came to save my sister, stayed for the quiz show.

Taylor

Re: Split-up Multiplayer? (Co-op)

Postby Taylor » Tue Mar 24, 2015 5:28 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

BetterThanYou

Postby BetterThanYou » Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:09 pm

I would prefer a multiplayer that doesn't split screen or control the camera (like mario galaxy), that said, I wouldn't mind this at all. at least is a positive co-op unlike the cut co-op in tooie. I probably wouldn't of used that.

Boshi

Postby Boshi » Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:47 pm

The boss of all Yoshis

BetterThanYou

Postby BetterThanYou » Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:22 pm

yeah, but the games probably gonna come to other consoles to, and it just sounds weird to have exclusive multiplayer, then again, those consoles could split screen and i could just get the wii u one if that happens, and then again again, the wii u version might use the gamepads gyro controls probably making the non-gamepad users controls worse, but that probably won't matter if only one of the characters shoots stuff, so eh, i guess it'll work out.

dream09

Postby dream09 » Sat Mar 28, 2015 8:30 am

Chrysalis_Blossom

Postby Chrysalis_Blossom » Sat Mar 28, 2015 1:22 pm

I'd be all for a co-op game, so that you can do the main game with a buddy, each one controlling a character.

Phineas Q. Phailboat

Postby Phineas Q. Phailboat » Sun Mar 29, 2015 2:03 am

Jet Force Gemini did a really good job of having co-op that was totally compatible with the one player game. The second player's roles were all entirely optional, but it definitely felt helpful to have a friend along.

dyarch

Postby dyarch » Sun May 03, 2015 4:28 am

I love co-op. I love split screen. But I'm more sure co-op would work by splitting up the Yooka-Laylee team. Perhaps another character/duo?

shadic2003

Ideas

Postby shadic2003 » Mon May 11, 2015 2:59 pm

I think it would be cool if for the co-op one person has control of Yooka, and the other has control of Laylee please? :mrgreen: Another idea I had is, maybe you could use unused ideas from your Rare games, maybe like Devil Bottles mode, or maybe just unused world ideas. Also, multiplayer for the quiz? Please? :)

travisschultz95

Postby travisschultz95 » Mon May 11, 2015 6:24 pm

Split up would be cool, but It'll probably just be a palette swap.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”