World Theming

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Taco In A Can

Re: World Theming

Postby Taco In A Can » Wed May 13, 2015 1:47 pm

-The taco hath spoken. :P

Taco In A Can

Postby Taco In A Can » Wed May 13, 2015 2:20 pm

-The taco hath spoken. :P

Quartzy

Postby Quartzy » Sat May 16, 2015 7:22 pm

The green acrobat duo is coming soon...

chameleojack

Postby chameleojack » Sat May 16, 2015 8:29 pm

I personally hope they don't take any cues from Ty the Tasmanian Tiger; those levels were boring as they come. Easily one of the biggest pitfalls this kind of game can have is too much open, empty space to run around in.

Yavga

Postby Yavga » Sat May 16, 2015 8:31 pm

Stop picking your nose

chameleojack

Postby chameleojack » Sun May 17, 2015 5:06 am

I'll bet there's some legal thing where they're better off NOT using any of our ideas, but I have an interesting one:

A tree that's filled/covered with mechanical clockwork apparatus, preferably in a primarily 2.5-D auto camera perspective. With sections where Yooka-Laylee must escape an enemy--a maniacal chainsaw!--that gives chase to the duo, causing the level to be violently dismantled in its wake. The latter idea would of course change the open-world format a little, which isn't something I want overall, but maybe as a boss - section it could work.

DWard14

Postby DWard14 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:18 am

I think they should base some worlds on holidays in the year. For example: Halloween world, Christmas World, Valentines Day World, St. Patrick's day world, Easter World, Summer Solstice World, Chinese Moon Festival World, Chinese New Year World, Spring in Japan, Atlantis World, Back to School World, Carnival World, Artic Expedition World, South America World, NBA World, Finland World, Hawaii World and Invasion of the Body Snatchers World.

TrenteR

Postby TrenteR » Thu Oct 29, 2015 8:33 am

Okay I will write it here one time. I'm glad someone like to give their opinion on several threads here. But whybdon't you make a new thread about all stuff you think could needed/ changed. Many of the threads are months old and people are actually think8ng back on an incident.

I don't say no to post your opinion. But it would make it for us better readable. Else we had to cover whole months of work again, only to understand your point.
Thanks in advance

Ps. Oh and advertisement about art in the third forumsection please.

Rueckkoppler

Postby Rueckkoppler » Thu Oct 29, 2015 5:13 pm

smashbro596

Postby smashbro596 » Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:18 pm

I want as diverse worlds as possible. tropical islands, cities, forests, mountains, jungles, haunted manors, oceans..... as well as some odd ones i cant think about.... like maybe a b sci-fi movie or a technicolor cartoon...

... basically with yooka-laylee i want to see it packed with as much detail and content as possible.
my expectations are quite lofty... but really with masters of the craft making this, it should be very easy for them to meet and exceed expectations. in short, playtonic should go balls to the wall on level themes and designs

TylerBeardShow

Postby TylerBeardShow » Thu Sep 15, 2016 7:43 pm

I am thinking that since the collectibles so far are quills, notes, pagies, and what appear to be atoms? Perhaps worlds based around classic book settings or even an old science textbook setting of sorts.

Science World: Many evil scientists and/or angry lab animals with beakers or science experiments gone wrong. Maybe the lab animals and evil scientists are also fighting with each other, maybe YookaLaylee need to choose between the two. Dangers could be mini black holes, chemicals, gas, explosions, other science-y things.

Almost like a minecart level/stage/area: Mississippi river like scrolling level.

Maybe even each level is a nod to Rare's previous games. A Banjo Kazooie world, a Conker's world. I don't think this will work though...

I am all over the place but just throwing my ideas out there "D

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”