The mysterious character

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Levitat

The mysterious character

Postby Levitat » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:33 am

Looks familiar :D

Windows1235

Re: The mysterious character

Postby Windows1235 » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:37 pm

I think we do not need a mystical character. Now all masturbate to cute and funny characters, as at the time it was done on Spyro and Crash Bandicoot. I suggest you do a little more beautiful characters.
Shader water we do not need.
Idea with riddles worlds, fantastic. I will be very glad of it.
And Russia does not want to attack anyone.
Kiss from Moscow :D

Krockhead

Postby Krockhead » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:46 pm

Smokey getting his own spin-off? Bluey had priorities, man.

In all seriousness, I actually don't see the resemblance. If there is a resemblance and I'm just not seeing it, then it's still more surprising then you'd assume. Diddy Kong Racing's art was done by Kev Bayliss, and his style, while similar, was distinct from Steve Mayles, whom I'd assume is responsible for the main character's design.
Last edited by Krockhead on Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nightpaws

Postby Nightpaws » Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:49 pm

I'm curious to see more of these new characters (as is the point of them) but from the past it's pretty clear this'll all stay under wraps until it's good and ready to go on show.

I doubt they'll be anything like previously used characters. (Where would the originality be?!) Unless they've nabbed the BK rights somehow in which case I'd have a happy moment! No chance of that though.

A smokey spin-off, no chance! x3

------------

I'm not sure the middle picture is even of new characters is it? Was it not to symbolise that it's a spiritual successor to Banjo Kazooie? Hence being like their eyes?

A wuff is a wuff you can wuff

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”