Revealing Content Before the Release.

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Prof__Yogert

Re: Revealing Content Before the Release.

Postby Prof__Yogert » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:07 pm

I already know the ending it's The part that makes your face implode I don't know what makes your face implode But that's the way the movie ends

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:08 pm

Early access will only benefit the game. Just ignore "First Impressions" "Previews" or "Reviews" until the game is released. This game is the root of all future Playtonic games. It needs to be the best it can be. Positive impressions will generate more hype for the next game.

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:10 pm

Taylonic Ltd.

Prof__Yogert

Postby Prof__Yogert » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:16 pm

[quote="Taylor"is that it's supposedly very easy to port on many different platforms.[/quote]
thats true, but they have to get the game to run of 1gb of ram, (2 if there pushing it), so while unity is super useful for porting, it is still a hard time making it play nice with the different hardware and architectures
I already know the ending it's The part that makes your face implode I don't know what makes your face implode But that's the way the movie ends

Solberry4U

Postby Solberry4U » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:33 pm

When spoilers or content revealing come to mind unless it's an rpg's story I gladly take the news. Though I do understand that there are a lot of people who don't like this so my thought would be that they would have a website kinda like Xenoblade Chronicles X. Were at first they reveal things about once per month with tidbits or music and as the game gets closer make updates weekly. They have been doing a fine job so much that they have given us very little story information yet were still learning how the game works and what it will be like. Though I will say I would love it if they gave us a new piece of music per month. Grant's music is some of my favorites.

rocho

Postby rocho » Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:54 pm

I've been reading the posts and I agree with all of you! there is no more secrets in games this days and that makes games feel lame! Pokemon has no more secrets you almost know everything you will get before you buy it, that Mew experience is no longer present.

What if Playtonic make the early access games and the review copies as everyone else do, BUT in the launch day (or months later depends on how big the secret) Playtonic releases an update that contains all the secrets so Youtube reviewers can't find them before we do?

I've always thought games like pokémon could benefit from this as secrets normally are not an essential part to complete a game, they often ENHANCE the experience. Imagine updating your pokémon game and finding out later a cave you didn't see on normal gameplay after a certain special date, inside is a new special pokémon/item/mission that was never seen by walkthrough writers, youtubers and media in general. :shock: AMAZING MIND BLOWING!

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”