Kickstarter F.A.Q from playtonic

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
mijuee

Kickstarter F.A.Q from playtonic

Postby mijuee » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:27 pm

Why Kickstarter?

“Ivory backscratchers. Also, we want to make this the best game it can possibly be, with the creative freedom to ensure that the final product is something we can all be proud of. Since our public unveiling the community has cranked up the pressure for us to deliver the best game of our careers (so far…) and this will help us do that. It’s also a great opportunity to build community and have fans get their hands on all the cool physical rewards they want (and can sell on eBay in a few years at inflated prices… everyone wins!)”

What kinds of tiers and rewards can we expect?

“That’s up to our fans as well as us, but a same day multiple platform release would be a great starting point so no one has to wait to play our game! In terms of rewards we could have books, limited editions, toys, clothing… We may even throw in some games as well.”

What happens if the Kickstarter fails?

“We’ll carry on making the game and release it when it’s ready. But the Kickstarter will help us add many features and platform versions – not to mention cool swag – that wouldn’t be possible otherwise.”

What can you tell us about the actual game, you information hoarder?

“There’s plenty of time to keep telling you more in the run up to our Kickstarter. The hype train is only just leaving the station as our fans keep saying! If you like our past work, the humour, style, challenging 3D platforming, helping out lots of mumbling NPC’s and collectively collecting collectibles then you’ll be in for a goggle-eyed treat!”

Which platforms will you release on?

“The ones our fans tell us to! Fans of our past work are all over the place and it’d be a shame to leave anyone out and we’d really not do that! We’re GAME developers, not SHAME developers (Note for our editor Andy Robinson – let’s trademark that one).”

Would you consider partnering with X publisher?

“Not right now. We’re just a team of developers who want to focus on making the game itself. There’s LOTS of other tasks that need doing in future and we want to be in full control! If someone wants to help out with the other tasks and also leave us be, we’ll think about it so long as it means the game gets even more focus from us!”

When will we see the bloody characters?!

“You’ve seen the eyes, what more do you need? The eyes are the portal to the soul, look deep in to them and you’ll learn everything about the characters! Apart from their physical form and potential for all new cool moves of course – you’ll see more of that come May!”
Last edited by mijuee on Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Taylor

Re: Kickstarter F.A.Q from playtonic

Postby Taylor » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:30 pm

Just read this. A lot of the answers really resound with some of the stuff I've seen fans posting on these forums, so that's a good sign. It looks like they've been reading what we've been discussing -- or they got really lucky.
Taylonic Ltd.

Prof__Yogert

Postby Prof__Yogert » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:33 pm

thank you for this, a lot of the things said here have mirrors some things we have discussed in the forums, so its good to know they are reading it :)
its also nice to have a single hub to point people to.
I already know the ending it's The part that makes your face implode I don't know what makes your face implode But that's the way the movie ends

mijuee

Postby mijuee » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:53 pm

Just edited so it's easier to distinguish between questions and answers,incredibly happy to see they mentioning physical rewards( I want those man!)

polomi

Postby polomi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:54 pm

I'm very happy with this! No console exclusivity, multiplatform release as kickstarter goals, no partnership with a publisher if there is a risk of limiting the freedom, ... Only great news so far!

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:32 pm

What's the source of this?

Prof__Yogert

Postby Prof__Yogert » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:33 pm

I already know the ending it's The part that makes your face implode I don't know what makes your face implode But that's the way the movie ends

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”