What system(s) would you like to see this on?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Fuzunga

Re: What system(s) would you like to see this on?

Postby Fuzunga » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:12 pm

I'd buy it on Wii U, personally, but I think it should be on as many consoles as possible. The Vita sure could use some more games...

Zephyr

Postby Zephyr » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:14 pm

I will buy this on the Wii U, I'd also like to have it on my PS4. So I intend to buy it twice

For the Wii U version it would be cool to have the mini map on the tablet controller and things like health, and collectables. The HUD can be tablet controller only, And leave the screen to a nice clean HUDless display

TheAnvil

Postby TheAnvil » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:15 pm

Project Ukelele for Wii U. @MLFoxwell

Buchenherz

Postby Buchenherz » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:20 pm

hjort

Postby hjort » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:25 pm

I want to see this release on the Wii U. Won't buy it if it doesn't. Not because I'm such a bitter loser (well, not only because of that), but because I don't have any of the other platforms and don't intend to buy one.

While I personally don't care about any of the other platforms, and feel that the Wii U makes the most sense as this project's 'home', I'd like it if fans of all three major home consoles got the opportunity to play this game. Ukulele for all.

Zephyr

Postby Zephyr » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:28 pm

Last edited by Zephyr on Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris.P.Bacon

Postby Chris.P.Bacon » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:29 pm

I it was possible JUST Wii U this game is a homage to Banjo and Donkey Kong ... Im so excited

spiritgreen

Postby spiritgreen » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:36 pm

Gotta play this on my telly with a nice Nintendo controller, that means Wii U please and thank you.

walkamongoose

Postby walkamongoose » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:46 pm

I would like to see Playtonic partner with Nintendo on this and make it exclusive to the Wii U but chances are they just want as much money from it as possible and will make it multi-platform.

guycostigan

Postby guycostigan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Hopefully on wii u. I will fund this game, and buy it immediately if it is. This game just wouldn't feel right on any other platform for me. Oh, and I would LOVE it if they actually did the physical copies, with N64 replica cartridges, and Amiibo!! :D

weebbby

Postby weebbby » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:07 pm

All, simply so everyone can enjoy the best genre.
Personally, I would buy a Wii U and 3DS version.

BaconSauce

Postby BaconSauce » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:19 pm

I'd like to see it on as many current-gen platforms as possible, so all gamers have a chance to play. Personally, I'd only buy it for the PC (possibly for the 3DS, as well, if a full, non-gimped version is released on the platform).

POE

Postby POE » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:41 pm

Wii U!!!

MiyamotoFan

Postby MiyamotoFan » Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:51 pm

Definitely must be on Wii U, non-negotiable. I do digital downloads these days so I assume it'd be in that format, though of course have a physical release as well.

Im cool with PC, but seriously EVERYONE I know only owns a Mac, yes even hardcore console gamers, so for goodness' sake make a version that is native to Mac.

Rambi

Postby Rambi » Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:31 pm

Any console will do for me, but of course Nintendo tends to come up as they are rightfully kings of platformers. :)

BetterThanYou

Postby BetterThanYou » Sat Apr 04, 2015 1:08 am

wii U. definitely wii U. the wii u should be first priority. but i think they might already know that: https://twitter.com/PlaytonicGames/stat ... 7630255104

LiverpoolFC

Postby LiverpoolFC » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:04 pm

I understand people with Wii U's wanting the game to be on that console, but all the people saying they want it exclusively on Wii U....why? Why wouldn't you want the game to be played by as many people as possible to ensure future games? There are plenty of people who love 3D Platformers, but don't buy Nintendo consoles because they are inferior and really only support Nintendo games. Also it's important to note that while the PS4 is only a year and a half old it has already sold twice as many consoles as the Wii U. I hope they are able to make the game for at least all 3 current consoles (PS4, XBOX ONE, WII U) and if they have the opportunity maybe even PC and last gen consoles as well. Even though Nuts and Bolts wasn't a critical success, it's unfortunate that many Rare fans didn't get to play it because it was an XBOX 360 exclusive. I wasn't going to buy a console to play 1 game, and I'm certainly not going to do that if this game only comes to Wii U, especially when there are more potential costumers for other systems. As far as I know they have said that as long as the Kickstarter does well they will put the game on as many consoles as possible, so I'm really hoping that the fans turn out to support this to it fullest potential.

John Enigma

Postby John Enigma » Sat Apr 04, 2015 4:36 pm

"INSERT TO F***ING BOX!"

Unexpected

Postby Unexpected » Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:31 pm

It'd be nice if the game was available on as many platforms as possible, but I'd buy a PC version. I'd actually love to play it on the Wii U, but it's too bad Nintendo doesn't store your digital games in a cloud like other platforms. Well, unless the game sees a physical release, in which case, I'd definitely get a Wii U version! :D

karashata

Postby karashata » Sun Apr 05, 2015 11:09 pm

I would like to see it on as many platforms as they can get it on, but if they had to prioritize any platforms over others I would prefer them to aim for Wii U before either the Xbox One or the PS4 (only because I own a Wii U and do not own or intend to purchase either of the other two consoles, and because I assume PC is a given regardless of the success of the Kickstarter). I wouldn't mind seeing it end up on the Nintendo 3DS or the PS Vita, though I would prioritize console ports over handheld ports.

I'm not really sure whether I would get the Wii U version of the game or the PC version of the game, though... I could probably get both if there was a reward tier that offered such that I could afford, though I don't really need a copy of the game on two different systems... I suppose I'll have to see what the Kickstarter offers and make my mind up when the time comes to choose, assuming I can't afford to get both or reward tiers with both aren't offered.

I would probably jump at the chance to get a physical release copy of the game for Wii U though, that would be awesome.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”