What platform(s) do you want to see Project Ukulele on?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
POE

Re: What platform(s) do you want to see Project Ukulele on?

Postby POE » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:04 am

I really want the game on Wii U.

Cinny

Postby Cinny » Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:44 am

I'll take it on whatever - although my preference would be Wii U - especially a physical copy. Oh man. But I know that may be asking for too much. Guess we will see what happens!

theNiko

Postby theNiko » Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:09 am

PS4 please and PC windows. 3DS would also be good, I may dust the 3DS off :lol:

OriginalBloodAce

Postby OriginalBloodAce » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:07 am

I doubt the 3DS could handle it, especially if they make the game bigger with Kickstarter.

Personally this title should be only on PC and Wii U. It would help Wii U sales a bit, and we all know thats a good thing. Sony has never had a Rare game on the Playstation (To my knowledge anyway, definitely Banjo was never on there), so putting it on PS4 might get a random buy from some one here and there, but ultimately wouldn't sell much. Not to mention PS4 doesn't need help selling more lol, it's doing fine with it's lack of good games, and if it isn't a realistic game where you have a gun and kill something, Sony fan's for the most part want nothing to do with it. And DEFINITELY don't put it on Xbox One, not after how Microsoft butchered Rareware, they crippled their creativity and obliterated their image. Microsoft/Xbox doesn't deserve it. It's like saying should Bungie give Microsoft any special support? HELL NO, not after how Microsoft treated them before they split ways. So that really only leaves Wii U, which honestly is where it belongs....on a Nintendo platform. Maybe it could work on the New 3DS with it's extra bit of power...but I have my PC, Wii U, and PS4, I personally want to get this on my Wii U. Imagine the gamepad uses! My PS4 just sits there, I hate the dang thing lol. Batman and Bloodbourne is all it's getting for the rest of the 8th gen. So please Playtonic, Wii U and PC only!

DarkSim

Postby DarkSim » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:11 am

PC Linux is a must for me. Other PC platforms will surely follow that. I don't own any of the new consoles but Wii U seems like the most fitting :)

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:12 am

PleaseNoCarBuilding

Postby PleaseNoCarBuilding » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:14 am

Nintendo Wii U is the way to go. I have a ps4 and its pretty good, but I feel like its the wrong outlet for a game like this. I will never own an xbox one, not to mention what microsoft did to banjo. I wouldnt mind pc as well.

OriginalBloodAce

Postby OriginalBloodAce » Sun Mar 15, 2015 8:24 am

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Sun Mar 15, 2015 9:49 am

Nintendo exclusivity?

+

=

I'd rather Playtonic be free.

SeismicRift

Postby SeismicRift » Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:40 am

Certainly want to see this on the Wii U but would like to see it on all platforms.
I hope physical disc copy and/or N64 style box packaging is a stretch goal.

ShadowUncast

Postby ShadowUncast » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:14 pm

I don't own any current gen consoles (yet?), so PC-Windows is a must!

DanBevis

Postby DanBevis » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:39 pm

I'd like to see it on Wii U first [other platforms later], personally!

DanBevis

Postby DanBevis » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:41 pm

I'd like to see it on Wii U first [other platforms later], personally!

At the very least a Day 1 release for all of them [no screwing over the Nintendo fan with a late, barebones and marketless port].

Fabian

Postby Fabian » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:34 pm

Wii U and PC!
But especially on Wii U!

ShinyRegice

Postby ShinyRegice » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:40 pm

Selfishly, a Wii U release is the only thing I care about.

But more seriously, I want this game to be released to other platforms as well, in order to increase the potential audience. I think Wii U and PC are a must, because the former has possibly the gaming community the most hyped about this game, and PC because it's the best way to increase the audience beyond the Nintendo market. A PS4 or Xbox One release could also be good, but a PC release should outprioritize them. Also, all versions should be released on the same day.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:42 pm

Wii U is my preferred, but understand it can be hard for indie games to be console exclusive so I don't mind the multi-plat release (though maybe include exclusive features for Wii U?)

Also, please include a Mac release :)

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

yellowsun23

Postby yellowsun23 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:36 pm

I want it on wii u, I'm a big fan of your games and if this game will come to the wii u, i'll bought it

jinjo89

Postby jinjo89 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:51 pm

I would love to see a Wii U release for this game as it seems like a natural home for it considering this game is based on the classics that came out on the N64 and considering Amiibo has been mentioned it seems more likely than not that this will happen.

Greens

Postby Greens » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:08 pm

I'd absolutely love to have a Wii U copy of the game. It seems quite fitting yea? Although if it doesn't make its way to the console, I'd have no problem swooping it for PC-windows.

On a side note, there's a small childs voice in my head. He keeps taunting "Nintendo exclusive! Nintendo exclusive!" My grown up self has managed to overpower this with rational thinking. See it would only make sense to allow the widest range of opportunity for everyone to enjoy this game right? To hook new fans and reach all the old. But for whatever reason I still hear him back there, banging sticks on trees, warpaint on face, chanting over and over "Nintendo exclusive! Nintendo exclusive..."

Lazicful

Postby Lazicful » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:10 pm

I would personally love to see it on DS. I simply cannot afford a 3DS, and I don't see the need for some fancy 3D sliders. The DS I could carry anywhere, and then I would have a lot fun on the Project Ukulele when I'm at parties and/or Al Qaeda raids.
Also, Wii U. Because RARE belongs to NINTENDO, and if RARE cannot be NINTENDO'S slave, then PLAYTONIC GAMES must be. :mrgreen:
My favorite line from V from Vendetta is: "Behind this mask there's not just flesh and bones and brains, but there's also another bulletproof mask, and bulletproof masks are bulletproof."

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”