What platform(s) do you want to see Project Ukulele on?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
hjort

Re: What platform(s) do you want to see Project Ukulele on?

Postby hjort » Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:30 pm

Oh, hey, didn't realize there were two of these threads going at the same time! Might as well repeat myself in here then.

I want Project Ukulele on Wii U. It's my system of choice, and feels like this project's true home because of my immense feelings of nostalgia connected to the whole concept. Don't really care about any other platform, but I'd welcome a simultaneous release on all three major home consoles so that their respective fans all get a chance to play this.

ManuRoivas

Postby ManuRoivas » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:19 pm

Wii U, of course!

Jneal57

Postby Jneal57 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:38 pm

in order from most important to lease important

1. wii u
2. something that isn't a wii u

LinkJr

Postby LinkJr » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:45 pm

I'm mostly a Nintendo gamer, so I really want to see it on Wii U, but I fear the game might take too much time to release, hopefully they can work very near with Nintendo and get it on whatever comes after Wii U as well if both release close to each other (and the next Nintendo Handheld could be an option too if it has Unity support, which I'm mostly sure it will).

I don't play on PC so my secondary option would be on PS4.

amanezco

Postby amanezco » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:47 pm

Playtonic games will feel at home on Wii U, and it is the only platform I would buy the game for. I don`t own a PC.

rocho

Postby rocho » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:48 pm

WiiU and 3DS!!

twinspectre

Postby twinspectre » Sat Mar 14, 2015 8:56 pm

well PSX had CROC , so i think this game will fit good in the PlayStation ecosystem too

i don't own a WIIU , but i still think that this game need to be released on WIIU too with also PS4 version.
can't wait for Yooka Laylee (PS4) :geek: :D :lol:

thefro

Postby thefro » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:00 pm

I'd like it on Wii U, but considering Unity's built to support multiple platforms I'd expect it to come to Sony/Microsoft platforms as well. There are promotion/PR benefits to launching on one platform or the other exclusively for a while and then coming to everything else later.

Considering how early this project is, I'd be surprised if it comes out any earlier than 2017, so the devs should also keep in mind Nintendo probably will have a new handheld by then (that supports Unity), and may have a whole new console.

Lienk

Postby Lienk » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:03 pm

Wii U.
Nintendo is the place where you will find the 3D platform gamers. What I have heard I seen so far, you guys can deliver the same magic Nintendo offers and equal (rival) all the 2nd party developers in their greatness, perhaps even Nintendo itself. What we haven't seen yet on the Wii U (and desperately need) is a solid open world 3D platformer and Playtonic can fill that gap. Go for it! 8-)

twinspectre

Postby twinspectre » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:43 pm

supergardie

Postby supergardie » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:48 pm

Wii U. I own a PS3, but I'm really a Nintendo fan. I do not like playing games on computers. If my only option ends up being PC, I mean, I'll work with it, but Wii U would be 10 000x better.

You guys will make my year if you release it on Wii U and 3DS and let me use both.

Jkw 815

Postby Jkw 815 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:53 pm

Please put the Game on Wii U.

polomi

Postby polomi » Sat Mar 14, 2015 9:57 pm

It seems to me that saying that Nintendo is where 3D platform players are is partially wrong.

It's probably a safe bet to say that if we're talking about the relative number of gamers enjoying platforming, it's true. Most of Nintendo players likely enjoy platformers.

But in absolute numbers, I can easily imagine that there's more platformer players on PC or other consoles, even though they represent a smaller share of the total number of players on those other consoles. That's just because there's so much more players there at all compared to Wii U.

Now that's just an idea, I didn't run the numbers, so it may not be the case.

vonstruth

Postby vonstruth » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:04 pm

My personal preference would be on ps4, though all system would work for me.

LinkJr

Postby LinkJr » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:18 pm

twinspectre

Postby twinspectre » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:19 pm

i don't get it why people are asking for 1 platform ? , if people want to see 3d platformer to come back the devs need to release the game on PS4 , Wii U and PC = More opportunity to bring back 3D Platformers , look i have a PS4 ,but i'm not asking only PS4 , i'm asking to bring this game on Wii U , PS4 and PC
i remind you that some of the games that are on Crowdfunding are successful thanks to games being available for PC , Ps4 and Wii U , and i think if the Kickstarter will have only Wii U the crowdfunding will be not successful since they are avoiding their biggest opportunity to really succed and bring back 3d platformers , by making the game only available only on 1 platform it doesn't make the return of 3d Platformer , if you want truly the return of 3DPlatform so let the game be available on WIIU , PS4 and PC (more platforms = more players and more players = high probability of success)

nicholas362

Postby nicholas362 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:20 pm

I wanna see it on the GameBoy.

Meelow

Postby Meelow » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Every console!

NintendoNostalgia

Postby NintendoNostalgia » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:42 pm

Definitely Wii U!The Wii U needs this game.I think nintendo fans will really appreciate a 3d platformer more than any other out there.And nintendo fans have been waiting for this day to come for a long time.For the best of rareware to return under a new banner.I think playtonic games needs to go to reggie or iwata with this and get exclusive funding.Do it for the fans that missed you guys.When microsoft bought rare that was the worse day in nintendo history!Lets make this return a permanent reunion!Amen!

banjofan

Postby banjofan » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:50 pm

Wii U! Second.. PC!

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”