What platform(s) do you want to see Project Ukulele on?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Rawk

Re: What platform(s) do you want to see Project Ukulele on?

Postby Rawk » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:53 pm

The WonderSwan.

ForsakenAlpha

Postby ForsakenAlpha » Sat Mar 14, 2015 10:57 pm

This is an easy answer:

STEAM:
PC
Mac
Linux

CONSOLES:
Nintendo Wii U
Nintendo 3DS (Possibly)
Sony Playstation 4
Microsoft Xbox One

Those all should be stretch goals for the Kickstarter, except PC since it will be made for it anyway.

twinspectre

Postby twinspectre » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:30 pm

can't wait for Yooka Laylee (PS4) :geek: :D :lol:

BlueTurtle

Postby BlueTurtle » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:39 pm

Wii U exclusive, lets get this duo in smash bros.

DreaminErryDay

Postby DreaminErryDay » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:41 pm

WiiU, absolutely.

Viellain
Location: The North American Plate on Planet Earth, part of the Solar System within the Milky Way.

Postby Viellain » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:42 pm

I'd prefer it best if it was a Nintendo Exclusive, but I don't see it being that hard to port it for the Xbox One since a lot of these people were once employees of Microsoft and some projects like Rivals of Aether have found it easy and have had experience with this stuff to port PC Games to the Xbox One. Not sure how easy PS4 is, but I'm a Xbox, Nintendo, and PC Fan myself.

SM64Guy

Postby SM64Guy » Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:46 pm

All the major consoles and PC. There's literally no reason not to.

Tiwill

Postby Tiwill » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:00 am

Wii U console exclusive. You should focus on 1 platform to deliver the most polished experience possible. Maybe PC later.
Also, this should be a home console game, not a handheld game, so please don't release it on 3DS.

This is clearly a game for old Nintendo/Rare fans and people who like Nintendo-like characters and mascots, so I'm against a PS4/XB1 release.
Think about it. Most PS4 owners would rather have another The Last of Us over a new Crash Bandicoot game. They think platformers are childish.
And do you seriously want this game on Xbox? The console that killed Banjo-Kazooie and Conker in the first place? Please no.

Viellain
Location: The North American Plate on Planet Earth, part of the Solar System within the Milky Way.

Postby Viellain » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:03 am

FarronFox

Postby FarronFox » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:10 am

I'd like to see it on PC, Wii U, PS4 and XBO. Just get it playable to as many people.

I have all consoles but I'd probably end up playing it more on PS4 if that did end up being the best version. If they're all same I'd make a toss up between ps4/xbo just for the achievements/trophy system.

If the Wii U version got special stuff with the gamepad then I'd get it on there to check that out as well as on another system, to see the gameplay without the gamepad.

PeanutCrunch89

Postby PeanutCrunch89 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:15 am

Like a good chunk of your supporters, I absolutely want this one Wii U. My current gaming setup is a PC, a Wii U and 3DS, so a combination of Wii U and whatever PC you can manage would be great. As many platforms as possible should be the focus, but those would be the ones I'd start with. You can always do like Yacht Club Games did with Shovel Knight and release on other platforms later.

Rasmusic

Postby Rasmusic » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:19 am

PC and Wii U
Yooka-Laylee HYPE :D

Listen to my music:

twinspectre

Postby twinspectre » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:20 am

Tiwill

Postby Tiwill » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:34 am

twinspectre

Postby twinspectre » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:38 am

clanker

Postby clanker » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:44 am

Going by what I have, I gotta say (in order of preference) WiiU and mac.

As for the handhelds...I love handheld gaming a lot, but would it make sense for this at all? I can't help but feel like those versions would be a lot worse and also waste time from the main version. There's also the concern that the hardware limitations of the handhelds would cause limitations to be imposed on the main version so all the versions match (Smash 4, anyone?)

twinspectre

Postby twinspectre » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:46 am

i'm good even if the game releases 1st on WII U and PC and after few months later on PS4.

Stop being fanboys

Tiwill

Postby Tiwill » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:57 am

karashata

Postby karashata » Sun Mar 15, 2015 12:58 am

As the only current generation console I have is a Wii U, I definitely have to throw another vote on the pile for it, but I would not be opposed to seeing it released on as many platforms as feasibly possible. I imagine the game would feel right at home on a Nintendo platform.

CrazyChaos

Postby CrazyChaos » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:02 am

Wii U or PC. Or both I guess.
It is not like I only chose them because they are my preferred platforms either. I would buy a PS4 or XBONE if it turned out to be exclusive to either, but even if I had each platform I would still say Wii U or PC would be the better choices. For various reasons, but I think a good reason is that the games already available on those two platforms (Such as Mario, Kirby, etc. for Nintendo, and various indie games for PC) seem to match the style more so than the games of other platforms. As a result, those who own those the platforms are more likely to have interest in the game (not considering just long-time fans, but more so looking at obtaining new players for the game and the company to gain popularity). I am sure there may still be players who would be interested in the game who only own other platforms, but I believe the odds would be in favor of the Nintendo or PC player being more interested. I also think that a large amount of their original fans who are still carrying the torch for them would most likely own a Wii U. I suppose this is mostly guessing, but looking at the games on the consoles it seems pretty clear which one this game would fit in better with anyway.

Multiplatform is on option as well. Though I am not very knowledgeable about game development and all, but might that have some negatives involving the quality of the game? Such as optimization issues maybe? Or maybe just be too much extra hassle? I suppose as long as the final product is fine then I am happy with whatever they do.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”