What platform(s) do you want to see Project Ukulele on?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
EekumBokum202

Re: What platform(s) do you want to see Project Ukulele on?

Postby EekumBokum202 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:26 am

As long as it's on the Wii U, that's all I care about!
ATTENTION PLAYTONIC!
For development "Twoka-Laylee", please watch these:

For everyone else, talk about these videos !

twinspectre

Postby twinspectre » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:26 am

can't wait for Yooka Laylee (PS4) :geek: :D :lol:

Tiptup

Postby Tiptup » Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:42 am

It absolutely has to be on the Wii U! Whatever else happens I don't care.

supergardie

Postby supergardie » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:00 am

In the end, I'm sure most people who play video games would own every console if they could! If I had the money to buy a PS4 and an xBox, I would. As it is, we all have our reasons for whichever one we own, and they're all valid reasons. :] I love my Wii U and want to play this game on it, but I have no problem sharing the love amongst all platforms if Playtonic feel up to it!

Aussie Legend

Postby Aussie Legend » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:08 am

The platform of choice I'd prefer to play it on would PS4 personally as its a nice middle-ground PC and Console (plus it allows remote play with the Vita and I've always enjoyed the thought of a Banjo Kazooie style game on a handheld, where the 3DS is too weak hardware wise unfortunately). I understand there is a legacy to somewhat hold with Nintendo customers, and whilst I certainly don't think you "owe them" or anything like that it is a nice little narrative if Project Ukelele ended up on a Nintendo platform (whether that be the WiiU or a successor depending which is relevent at the time).

Also as an aside as I've seen the discussion going on this thread already, I find the notion that if a WiiU fan and a 3D platformer fan are mutual exclusive is a false assumption, as I think people's taste naturally evolve over time and expand to take on many new experiences (especially when one such niche like 3D platformers has been such undernourished for... years) but that doesn't mean the adoration has diminished. I assure you Project Ukelele will sell just as well on other platforms and probably better considering the built in audience, that's not any kind of slight towards the platform, just stating facts, a lot of people grew up with this style of game and it deserves to be played by everyone if at all possible (ie. see how well Hat In Time is doing currently)

So personally for target platforms I would shoot for PC, PS4 personally. I understand if WiiU has to be in there somewhere because of fan demand, but please stay away from the weaker end (360, PS3, 3DS, iOS etc) if at all possible as to have the least amount of restrictions on the design and hardware running behind the game. Honestly whatever platform it ends up on it doesn't matter to me as I own virtually all of them, I just want the best chance for this to succeed to see the rest of the "Playtonic Cinematic Universe", and in an ideal situation I want it on every platform so people can choose to play it on their platform of choice and have it available to literally everyone possible; that is my concern, not any console wars or any crap like that.

Crusher

Postby Crusher » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:28 am

Please bring it to all consoles, however if I had to chose one I'd pick the Xbox One! I can't say thank you enough, Banjo Kazooie and Tooie were major parts of my childhood, I can't wait to experience the magic again as an adult!

Tiwill

Postby Tiwill » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:33 am

Last edited by Tiwill on Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

twinspectre

Postby twinspectre » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:36 am

Yitsul

Postby Yitsul » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:40 am

Wii U! for Old Time's sake!

pen

Postby pen » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:42 am

Please be aware that the man-children and actual children from /v/ are here to flood you with requests to make your game EXCLUSIVE to a console because they are console warriors who live on the internet only to non stop shitpost and embrace schadenfreude and not actually buy your game. I am going to tell you what any sane person would - please put your game on as many consoles as possible. Please do not waste time making a handheld version because we know it will compromise the quality of your game in some way, unless it is being unloaded to another studio completely. As a business decision it obviously makes sense to put on PS4 because it has the largest install base and the widest reach the world over. Please consider all these things and don't get caught up in the aforementioned bullcrap.

SUPERS0NICBOOM

Postby SUPERS0NICBOOM » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:46 am

I would like to see it on every platform so you guys could make the most profit and the everyone could play such a wonderful game. But My purchase would be on Wii U or Xbox One (possibly both) as those are my main platforms.
You're too slow!

twinspectre

Postby twinspectre » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:49 am

twinspectre

Postby twinspectre » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:50 am

EekumBokum202

Postby EekumBokum202 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 2:58 am

I must admit, part of me wants this to be Wii U exclusive, just to have things like the good ol' days of Rare and Nintendo, but that isn't really fair to people who don't own a Wii U (which is a lot), not to mention Playtonic Games wants to make their game available to everyone, so if they can release it on as many consoles as possible, go for it!
ATTENTION PLAYTONIC!
For development "Twoka-Laylee", please watch these:

For everyone else, talk about these videos !

twinspectre

Postby twinspectre » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:04 am

Emralled

Postby Emralled » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:07 am

I want to play it on my Windows PC, but I think the devs should try to get it on the Wii U as well. The younger crowd is there and that's who this game is going to appeal to the most, other than 20/30-something nostalgia-fixated man-children like me. I think that after PC, and WiiU, Xbox One should be next; just because they already have some of the Rare fans there.

Ideally put the game on all the consoles if you can, it's being made in Unity last I heard so you could conceivably put it on all the things. Maybe even for my smart toaster. (yes, it has googly eyes glued to it already.)

Elvick

Postby Elvick » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:12 am

Would love it on my PS4, and honestly that's the only place I'd play it other than PS Vita. Despite having some of the other platforms available.

lankykong422

Postby lankykong422 » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:15 am

I personally hope for the game on Xbox One or 3DS since those are the systems I own--but having the game as a multiplat could be best for all. There are likely other fans of Rare on Xbox that would enjoy a game from Playtonic.

Jellyfunk

Postby Jellyfunk » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:16 am

As many as possible. I want this game to become a franchise. The more sales, the better.

ADULT_LINK

Postby ADULT_LINK » Sun Mar 15, 2015 3:18 am

I say have a version on every console, Proj. Ukulele should be for everyone. I for one would love to see a version on the new 3ds as well as all of the others.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”