The main characters need a cool home.

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
tk7261

The main characters need a cool home.

Postby tk7261 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:31 am

I don't know if this is a weird little detail that I just happened to love, or if other people feel the same way. So I figured I'd see how important you guys thought it was. One of the things I loved so much about Banjo Kazooie was how awesome and cozy their house seemed. Like I would want to live there myself. Similar to Ocarina of Time. For some reason Spiral Mountain just seemed so peaceful, and leaving and coming back at the end of the game really made the adventure seem so much more epic. Idk reminds me of running out of my house and playing in the back yard as a kid. What do you hope to see for the main characters house? I personally hope they live up in a tree. It will bring back the Click Clock Wood feels.

Nightpaws

Re: The main characters need a cool home.

Postby Nightpaws » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:35 am

Maybe they're not at home when the game starts, what if they're somewhere else entirely? :P

They could be on holiday somewhere completely alien to whatever species they are, or they could just be at the shops when the game starts. (unlikely but you never know!)
A wuff is a wuff you can wuff

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:38 am

What if they've been kidnapped/trapped somewhere and are trying to get back home. Opposite of Banjo.
Taylonic Ltd.

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:39 am

my vote is for homeless hobo like travelers :p or a broken down non functioning mobile home

Alph

Postby Alph » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:34 am

Donkey Kong Country and Banjo-Kazooie both started with the characters leaving their home, so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens again here. And if it does happen I'm sure their home will be chock full of cool details just like always.

Semperscio

Postby Semperscio » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:53 am

I can get along the idea of the protagonist(s) having a home akin to Banjo-Kazooie; it would be a home to which that character can return frequently, or one of their goals is simply to be able to return home. It would be a touch of humor to make them do something simple or not very grand in significance upon coming home, like, what, this entire journey has been about needing to turn off the oven?

Blue

Postby Blue » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:25 am

The protagonists having a cozy little home akin to 'Banjo-Kazooie' would be nice, yeah. Maybe add some secret treasures in there, too. Something similar to Bottle's Puzzle challenges and the art of cut levels.
"Hands off my bread."

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”