cheat Codes?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Epic Elliot

cheat Codes?

Postby Epic Elliot » Tue Mar 17, 2015 2:05 am

what kind of cheat codes would you want to see?
-big/small head code
-big/small hand code
-big/small feet code
-giant mode code
-tiny mode code
-fast code
-moon jump code
-everything slow motion code
-insta killed code (instantly kills you because why not?)
-erase your save file code(you enter to many codes you get punished!)
-washingmachine code
-toilet code( all the yes! please let this be a thing XD )
-realistic bear & bird code (no copyright problems hear :P )
-invisible code (whered you go?)
-reverse music code (game music plays in reverse) as well as a fast/slow music code
-butt code (replaces some dialogue with the word butt ;P )
-different type of film & filter effects codes
-squeaky shoes code (every step you take makes a squeak!)
-totally not "drunk or high" mode code (add the drunk or high effect from GTA or saints row)
-smooth mcgroove mode code (replaces all soundeffects & music with smooth mcgrooves version) [can be a kickstarter goal? lol :P ]

i know a lot of these are out there but im just having fun with ideas i had XD what are some of your ideas for codes?

John

Re: cheat Codes?

Postby John » Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:02 am

maybe instead of a washingmachine this time there'll be a code to be a dryer?
Rarewareusedtobegood

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:46 pm

dryer would be cool :lol:

Chruxl

Postby Chruxl » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:56 pm

I don't know if you've seen the Weird West perk on Fallout, but something along those lines that causes unpredictable events or dialogue would be entertaining.

Epic Elliot

Postby Epic Elliot » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:06 pm

OMG! that a great idea! oh what about a code that simulates a cartridge tilt glitch from the N64 days?! i know a lot of my codes maybe for aesthetics but im trying to think of fun codes for kids to find & mess around with because i know codes like those where my favorite as a kid :D they felt so sureal & magical!

Nightpaws

Postby Nightpaws » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:04 pm

How about a random mode code, where upon entering it, saving is disabled for the session but a completely random selection of cheats are applied to weird (and possibly wonderful) effect. Big head washing machine anyone? O.O
A wuff is a wuff you can wuff

EekumBokum202

Postby EekumBokum202 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:29 am

Will this game even have Cheat Codes? They've been a staple of Banjo-Kazooie since the beginning, but would Playtonic go that far here?

Also, I can't help but be reminded that Cheato Pages were used to unlock cheat codes in the last game, now pages are the equivalent of Jiggies!
ATTENTION PLAYTONIC!
For development "Twoka-Laylee", please watch these:

For everyone else, talk about these videos !

FungiGamer

Postby FungiGamer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 2:55 am

I was actually going to post about this.

We've come to an era of gaming that has kind of phased out cheat codes in favor of achievements and trophies, which while fine and all really don't hold the same merit as cheat codes IMHO. In fact, achievement focus has become so popular these last few generations that I'm literally drawing a blank on any game other than the Assassin Creed series that even as an option for cheat codes.

I'm really, REALLY hoping Playtonic doesn't follow the achievement-focus trend too much and gives us a new wave of funny cheat codes we can unlock like in the old games.

SketchyChris

Postby SketchyChris » Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:32 am

Big head mode as a cheat code is a must, it's just too much of a thing I think of when it comes to Rare type games. Maybe cheat codes could be unlocked with something similar to what jiggies are? (Just as a throwback to Banjo Kazooie) Like maybe... ripped page pieces that can be put together by some NPC character that uses magic to fuse them, and once done they reveal the code (And the code would be placed in a menu/library of pieces of papers with the codes followed by descriptions).

Even better, it'd be a small feature, but giving no description to an unlocked cheatcode until you use it would be fun too maybe (though I can see that being a negative thing so maybe not).

As far as other things go, yes, a dryer machine would be amazing to have haha, or even better, something that goes right back to the roots, an ant. Hrm, or something equivalent, like a... beetle maybe?

Other throwbacks to Banjo Kazooie would be great though I don't know how far they'd be allowed to go. Other rare game cheat code references would be nice too, like the game's currency/coins could have a code that gives them eyes and makes them bounce away from you (Conker). Maybe a cheat code that makes your character pull out a ukulele and play it as an attack that kills all enemies around you (Donkey Kong 64. A code that gives you're character a golden slingshot (or the equivalent of a projectile weapon in the game) would be cool too.

Aside from that, cheats can kinda depend on the games content too, who knows what's possible. You've basically listed all the basic cheats I could think of :P so that's pretty covered.

Exaskryz

Postby Exaskryz » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:05 am

Woaaaah, it finally came out! :o

polomi

Postby polomi » Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:23 am

Taylor

Postby Taylor » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:32 pm

Have to admit that I made very little use of the cheat codes in the Banjo games. Big heads and such can be funny for about a minute, but then I find it too distracting. The washing machine cheat was my favourite, though, so if you're going to give an image-modifying code, I'd prefer something really random like that.

The most useful codes would be things like infinite 'eggs' and 'feathers'.

Maybe a code to double your speed as well, just for those that want to zoom around the world a bit quicker.
Taylonic Ltd.

dotEXE

Postby dotEXE » Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:11 pm

Make the forum great again.

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”