New themed worlds you would like to see?

Discussion and feedback for Playtonic's debut game, platformer adventure game Yooka-Laylee!
Tamashii7

New themed worlds you would like to see?

Postby Tamashii7 » Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:23 am

What are some new themed worlds and settings you would like to see in Project Ukulele? For me I would love to see a D&D style fantasy world, in which the characters have to survive against a sadistic and egotistical Dungeon Master. Within the level would be all sorts of fantasy tropes, such as a giant castle, dragon's lair, as well as a prison you may need to utilize stealth to escape from. A fourth wall breakage level in which the characters are miniature sized and visit the Playtonic Games office work space would be awesome. It could be a great place to have some of the team members, as well as POOP, make an appearance.
Last edited by Tamashii7 on Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alucard

Re: New themed worlds you would like to see?

Postby Alucard » Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:18 am

How about a world in which the characters are as big as a mice and travel trough a giant bathroom with a giant bathtub which have pipes which are connectet with a sink, a washing machine and a toilet and the player must dive and travel through those pipes (like in clankers cavern) to reach those other areas ... and the world is inhabitet by rubber ducks and soap with google eyes.I could imagine a world like this could a spiritual successor to clankers cavern. It would have some water diving parts but mostly platforming parts that required some skills (click clock wood like). If this idea could be made by the playtonic team I could imagine it would really fit in a banjo kazzoie spiritual successor and would be also an very creative and unique world. The worlds name could be like "Bathtub Pipe Maze" which sounds really like a bk world. The bathtub could be like public swimming pool for the rubber ducks which are getting in trouble with the soap guys because they are getting burning eyes through the soap swimming in the water and the ukulele main characters need to do tasks for both of them or maybe the soap guys could be the baddys in this world.

Alucard

Postby Alucard » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:04 am

Another ancient world would also be awesome, like ancient greek/rome world with references to the gods and the mythology or snow world with vikings.
A circus themed world, because I allways wanted a circus themed world in bk ... because no developers could make it better than rare. The only good circus world is in timesplitters 2 (free radical design ex-rare developers :lol: ) which is a fps and its sadly only a multiplayer map. I remember glover had a circus themed zone with a couple of circus themed levels but its kinda like only a texture theming, the levels had not their uniqueness because they was allways made with the same platforms blocks and textures. Rare allways make their worlds from scratch and there not a couple of them with the same theme/textures/platforms etc. because each world is big, different and allways unique.

Ikunuku

Postby Ikunuku » Wed Mar 18, 2015 6:30 am

One idea I had for a word was something with the four seasons like Click Clock Wood, but in an urban/downtown setting. It would be a few blocks of buildings, including at least one really high towering over the others that needs to climbed and also a park area with a lake. Maybe the level could be small insland with a small city on it, something like a small slice of New York City.

The Winter version of the level can include Christmas tress, and could be similar to Freezeazy Peak. The park lake and the sea is frozen and there is lots of ice everywhere.
The Spring version should be Easter-themed, Summer could be a "Vacation level" theme like Delfino Plaza in Mario Sunshine and Autumm could be Halloween themed like Mad Monster Mansion.

Lupo

Postby Lupo » Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:03 am

Some pretty good ideas, but be sure to post them in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=4&t=151

Just because I'm not posting doesn't mean I am stalking your every move, determining my next course of action...

Return to “Yooka-Laylee”